What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he bought tickets to pinfest do you know? (I'm still yet to buy mine) just intrigued as to whether he will actually show his face. I called his friend 'darling' (obviously sarcastically) and received this text from him:

"Very brave. Make comnents and then block me. I am certian we will be having a " chat" somewhere quiet at pinfest. Give you boyfriend a big wet kiss ( are you the bitch or butch) I explains why you called Paul "darling" had you said it to his face, you would have needed a trip to Casualty."

I don't know if he thinks I'm scared of him or something but I'm actually finding it all quite funny

Persistent harassment
Homophobic abuse
Defamation
Slander
Abuse via social media
Intimidation
Direct threat to person

The problem is, in this world you can't act like you did in the school playground. The days of he said, she said are long gone. Anything you put online, in a text, on a phone, you can be held accountable for and you can't get rid of it.

If you have any concerns, take it to the police, they take all this stuff rather seriously now.

If this person is a member on here, or if anyone has received any abuse from this person on here then please let me know by PM.
He's quoted things that have been said on my shop log to me so he's been on here, whether he's a member or not I don't know Paul

Anyone can view most of the forums... they arent locked down - so wouldnt need to be a member. Anything outside of the forum i cant do much about other than assist. If it's someone on here then I can do something about it.

I called his friend 'darling' (obviously sarcastically) .....

Don't say or do anything that can be interpreted as provocative. If he can make it look as if he's the injured party in some sort of ***-for-tat argument then he's off scot free. Just report him to the police.

Edit:

Blimey, I can't even say t-i-t for tat!

Get it all the time on here... NOT from people that are members... Mainly people/spammers from <insert country unlikely to ever have a pinball machine> complaining that they cant register.... I mean... How many pinball machines can there be in Afghanistan/Sierra leone/Columbia.... (those countries are blocked from registering)...

Genuinely read this as Afghanistan/Sierra leone/Cumbria

After seeing these posts I feel I have to reply to tell the other side of this story. I do agree this is a pinball site and a problem / disagreement between 2 people should not really be mentioned or discussed in this forum however James has been making allegations etc about me and I think it only right to redress the balance and tell the WHOLE STORY

James has been very "cute" in taking edited quotes from our conversations and seems to have forgotten the fact he kicked off the insults by calling me a C-nt , an "Idiot Seller a f-cking tosser also that I was the "Laughing stock of the forum" and the runner up in the "King of Ebay 2019" and that my restorations were like me "f-cking ****" . I stress I had not insulted him in any way at this point! I just wanted to BUY his machine for the full asking price. Just how many of you would put up with language like that out of the blue and unprovoked?? This is the whole story not just the edited highlights.....

I saw James Advert on eBay for £1500. It said "offers" so I offered £1200. This was rejected and I subsequently offered the full amount he was now advertising it for £1350, in cash and asked to collect it over the Bank Holiday Weekend. He then claimed he was working for Namco all weekend and "would get back to me" He never did despite me sending him several messages and texts. When I mentioned to him that he seemed to be working long hours I was abruptly told... "Its none of you business" which I though was a little odd and not the way I would treat a customer. The following day, after me sending another message, he told me the machine had been sold for the full eBay asking price of £1500. I thought this strange as a mate of mine had only just asked him if the machine was still for sale and was told it was!

I then contacted James again asking him why he lied and received another torrent of abuse and insults and was told that my mate Paul was "my bitch" and other derogatory and effeminate remarks. Apparently James had called Paul, (an "old school hetrosexual"), "Darling" which really upset him. I then went on to tell James not to hide behind a Keyboard. At this point I decided to play this person at his own game and yes I have taunted him but only AFTER receiving the treatment I have.

I have been accused of being "Homophobic". Nothing could be further from the truth as you will discover later in this reply. In the literal sense of the word Homophobic means "a fear of Homosexuality" which as I said, could not be further from the truth I do not fear the LGBT at all!. I have worked in Broadcast Television for 40 Years about 40% of the staff are from the LGBT community indeed the best men at both of my heterosexual my weddings were openly gay and my son is Gay and married to his husband I gave him away!. I am straight and it does not bother me one jot. What does bother me is a person like James who is trying to lie, manipulate and twist a situation in an open Forum that should be reserved for Pinball related subjects. I am Happy for James to call the Police. They will see that it was him that started the insults by saying the various things he has. All I wanted to do was to buy a machine from him for cash and drive away Yea he has the absolute right to sell his property to whoever he wishes 1) Why Lie? 2) Why mess me around? 3) Why the Insults that I stress HE started?

I doubt this post will be allowed and Will probably remove it. (I can send a full copy of the conversation to anyone at Admin if needed) I agree this is a pinball forum site and not the pinball equivalent of the Jeremy Kyle Show but I have had to try to put the other side across so you guys know BOTH sides of the story

Thank You!

I haven't even bothered to fully read that. The amount of bullpoo in that is hilarious. If need be I will post the full conversation to expose what a pile of cr*p youre coming out eith. I called you a c*** as one of my last messages. After being you saying if I meet your friend I will "need a trip to casualty" calling me "duckie" saying your friend is coming "from colchester to 'discuss' things", you told me to "wear my best nail varnish to scratch his eyes out" you then called me a "bum boy" a "batty boy" and told me to "go and fix my make up you silly child"

As I said, I will happily share pictures of the whole entire conversation from you and your friend if need be. I'm not taking any slander from you, grow up Andrew

So you asked someone about their weekend work, saying it's not how you 'treat a customer' by refusing to answer that question... then you are surprised when things go downhill when you ask someone 'why they lied'...
...then you admit that you were carrying on a game of insults and that's okay because you reckon you didn't start it?

Yeah... you've just made it sound like you have an entitlement complex and got rubbed up the wrong way by a non-compliant attitude, and then it's all playground down hill from there on.

Take a step back and re-assess. That you're upset about how you come across on a forum that you don't post on, is not a good sign either.

If you reckon he was a rude dick, then just don't keep trying to force him to take your money. End of drama

Just an outside in question @AndyB53 - if @MajesticPinball doesn't want to sell it to you, can you not find another game? It seems many people's feelings are frayed and any threat within this community isn't taken too kindly to. That isn't a threat, it just means people will think you are a prat and be less inclined to sell to you in the future. Sometimes it just all isn't worth it hey.

Please Call the Police and let them decide then! I have nothing to fear or hide!
I have no intention to call the police on you, others have suggested I should. But I'm not going to because it's not worth wasting their time. You had a bad attitude from the start, paird with that others have said I wasn't going to sell to you. You then got your friend to start on me because you couldn't get your way.

From the off you said things such as "shopped" and "restored" in quotations as if you didn't believe my work was up to your standards. You proceeded to constantly text, email, call and inbox on Facebook and eBay after I told you to wait for pictures.

I called you a c*** after all the abuse you said to me and Ill tell you what, I'll absolutely stand by it as well.

I rest my case! I have set the record straight and told the whole story. I truly do not give a toss about your personal life or your "hissy fits" You and I both know who who said what and when and I am more than happy for the Police to decide. People who "know" you can make up their own minds. I am gonna stop filling up this site with non pinball subject and suggest you audition for the up and coming Jeremy Kyle replacement programme.. "real lives"

Which the good news of the story is I actually accepted less money than Andrew offered me purely for it to just go to a good home where it will be appreciated. The game can be enjoyed at Astro City Amusements from next week onwards

ALREADY DONE. I have said my piece and will not respond further. you can all make up your own minds

As I said before, what is put in words on the internet can have direct and unintended results. My suggestion to you both would be to find a civil solution ASAP.

I'm saying this from someone who works in a school where kids do this on a daily basis on Facebook, WhatsApp and the like thinking it's behind closed doors.

What the kids don't consider is we have an in-house police officer who's main responsibility is to receive notifications from these online institutions and deal with said kids before the knife gets stuck in.

'They' are watching.

Read all this. It doesn't make pretty reading. Time to bury the hatchet and walk away in opposite direction? Nothing good can come out of it so time to call it a day?
For anyone.

Here here but let’s hope there is a lesson to be learned here don’t waste your time and effort provoking sellers on e bay with silly childish poles and things like that or face the consequences

I've requested for Paul to close this thread. I didn't intend it to be a slagging match. It was purely for me to find out if anybody else had experienced issues with this person - which they had.

Thanks for everyone's support. Who knew pinball could be such a drama!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom