What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PREDATOR SHIPPING- IN OR OUT!!

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
10 Years
I have heard back from Kevin at SKIT B!
See email below:

quote: Shipping to overseas buyers is most likely going to come first. It seems like the easiest way to handle everything, considering there is so much extra logistics involved.

My books show 11 games total going over to the UK. Maybe we can get you all involved and knock it out all at once?On 7/9/2014 4:31 AM,

David Bishop wrote:Hi Kevin.Hope you are well.Now the fun really begins!Can I ask what the plan is for shipping to the overseas buyers.pAre you sticking with a build number or will you calculate how many are going abroad and make them in batches at the beginning, middle or end. I know 3 of the guys were scheduled for early build numbers. I am trying to organise shipping for at least 6 Predator pins to the UK. And being a bit cheeky would like to know roughly where we would be to save shipping.

All the best
Dave Bishop

So 11 are destined for UK shores :)

Those who want in on the shipping please post. Those who know of a PRED buyer that does not visit the site or yahoo group please ask or put them in touch with me if they want to come in on group shipping. Once I have all info I will start looking for shipping prices.

Info required:
Name of buyer.
PRED #
Quote for Plaque
ARE YOU ALL PAID UP!?

If you are not paid up then please make sure you have the funds ready in pretty short notice. you can contact Kevin and pay him.
I used Paypal, it was instant, I gifted it and only paid about £20 which is pretty good and the exchange rate was great for paypal at the time. Think it is a bit better now!

After I get shipping quotes I will report back with cost breakdown and see what people think. I will post emails/pictures so people don't think I'm bumping up the price to cover my shipping & import tax! ;-)
Once agreed I will set plans in motion.

I will not have the money to stump upfront if the shipping company want it so of they want in in advance then people will need to pay me in advance.

Plan is get them shipped to one location and then get Martin delivery guy to deliver them around the UK. Obviously port/terminal will be decided by price and shipping company logistics.

If for example it is a London Dock, I know at least 5 are within London area, so if people wanted to pick the games up themselves that's fine, but the all in price will remain the same as not to push the cost up for others unable to pick up.

What do ya all think! Sound like a plan!?

This is gonna be one kick as game!!

Sounds good to me Dave. I was kinda worrying a little about the shipping for this but it just makes sense to get them all out together. I still want mine delivered to my door, but I have dealt with Martin before and trust he can handle the job.

I'll be making my last payment at the end of this month so count me in. I'll PM you my address.

EDIT: I will email Kevin as well to find out individual shipping cost as some of us have build numbers way down the line in comparison to others. It all depends on how Skit-B decide to proceed but some folk could end up waiting much, much longer than would be if they had stayed in their production line.

Last edited:
Those who want in on the shipping please post. Those who know of a PRED buyer that does not visit the site or yahoo group please ask or put them in touch with me if they want to come in on group shipping. Once I have all info I will start looking for shipping prices.

If it's worthwhile Dave (i.e. it would save you all money) then maybe the SKIT B guy could email the other UK buyers and tell them about this offer on pinballinfo so if they are interested they can come check it out? tbh, if they are buying a boutique pin like this, they really should be on here :)

Think you are reading it wrong Russ. 11 PREDs in total coming to the UK. The people with late build line will JUMP the queue. UK games will be made near start of production before US buyers. So if Kevin knocks out 10 a week then UK buyers will be in the first couple of weeks.

Shipping a pin on its own is around £600-800. A container or shared container will likely be £1500-£2000. So makes sense for bulk shipping.

Ah ok. That would be fine with me. Not sure how they will work that out with other buyers being as eager as we are, but yeah. I'm in.

I'm in for the bulk shipping

Philip Murphy
Machine Number 87
Build number 9 I think!
Quote is "I'm gonna have me some fun" I think....can't remember!
All paid up

And I'm in County Durham

I'm in (and thanks). Know two others who might be (1 confirmed, 1 on the wait list), I'll drop them a line

I'm IN

Details are;

Name of buyer: Julian Rawlinson
PRED # 140
Quote for Plaque: '"I ain't got time to bleed"
$3k down, will happily pay the rest once they are built and ready for shipping, or Kevin requests it.
Location is SE London (Bromley, Kent)

When shipping I presume we will insure the cargo?!?

We should all remember there will be around another £600 to £700 'ish to pay to Mr Cameron for the VAT element, as this payment can hold up the release of all the pins.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

Thanks for arranging this for the UK Dave.

Kind regards

Julian

Oh yeah, forgot the details:

Name of buyer: Russ Taylor
PRED # 99 (production number 46)
Quote for Plaque: '"Ol' painless is waitin'"
I also have $3000 paid up to now.

Also, please, DO NOT send money overseas via gift, or family and friends option. Its not wise as you will have ZERO recourse should an issue arise down the line.

Hey Dave good work on this mate..
As discussed with you before I would probably bring mine in the same way I have bought my others in, however only to happy to go in if adding mine keeps the costs down , as it could work out cheeper as well.
If you get a quote including my predator as well we can go from there..
I am all paid up
Prod number 140 ish I think

Cheers
Will

Hey Will
What's you PRED# is 140 your number or build queue number. Should worry about putting you build queue number in as should Jump way up ;-) and what's going on plaque

He Julian,
Yep, with VAT on shipping that's why I want to get cheapest price. Instead of paying duty on £700 for shipping on one I would rather pay £200 for shipping on say 10!

Quick Update:
Kevin replied really quick and has said:

Dave,

Please send me the names of the folks you have on board currently, and I will get in touch with the remaining few directly and have them contact you. If memory serves me, there are 11 UK games total, which should all fit into one container pretty easily.

I would also like to know the address in which the container will be shipping to. We have a lot of good contacts in shipping over here, so I would like to pass the information along to our broker and see if I might be able to get a better shipping deal if I can.

Where to collect the games from- SKIT B HQ/ manufacturing place.- the address
- Skit-B Pinball, 10172 Colonial Industrial Drive, South Lyon, Michigan, 48178, USA
What is the weight of the pinball
- Will have to check next time I'm at the plant. I know when they're palletized they're around (but under) about 150 KG.
What are the dimensions of the pinballs in the box.
- Again, will get exact dimensions next time I'm at the plant.
Will they be on Pallets?
Yes, they will all be on separate pallets.

Will send off details that I asked for, just waiting on a few Personal Emails to add to the list...you know who you are!

Was speaking with an Insuranfe agent and was quoted £58 per pin as non commercial. Commercial was £58 in total!! 30K insurance for £58! WTF!

Quick update

Emailed Kevin at SKIT B again today, as all went quiet. Got this back a few moments ago:

Yes, head is definitely spinning getting all of these logistics in order along with sorting parts and setting up the plant. Along with all that, we did get the dimensions and weights for the shipping quotes. The boxes are 56" tall, 31" wide and 31" deep. Boxes with a game in them are just under 300 pounds, but with a pallet under them I think they will be closer to 335 or so. Metric terms follow:
Height: 142.25cm
Width: 78.75cm
Depth: 78.75cm
Approximately 150kg in weight.
If you need anything else, let me know. Thanks!
-KevinOn 8/5/2014 12:13 PM, David Bishop wrote:Hi KevinYou are undoubtedly very busy right now buddy! Bet your head is spinning with all those parts to put together and sort?Sorry to ask again, but do you have the rough dimensions of the pinballs boxed. I need it for shipping quotes.
Thanks and all the best for a smooth build process.
Dave Bishop

Cool, thanks Dave. There's no way that sucker is going through my door in its box sadly as it's only 74cm wide - bane of my bloody life.

hi, just seen this, yeah I'm in for shipping just need to find exact info

name: Paul Davidson

paid £3k and the rest is there ready

OK. Another Update
I emailed out a few requests for shipping to a few companies. First quote I got back was DSV. I have used them a couple of times for pinballs from Germany and Denmark. Both times great service and pinballs within 1 week (one arrived Boxing Day!)

Now bearing in mind I have now had 14 people contact me regarding shipping.
The quote I have for shipping 13 machines.
It is £1450 plus £129 insurance for a £39,000 value. I don't know about you guys but I thought that was a pretty good at £180 ish a machine.(this would hopefully include price for Martin to deliver) It's a lot cheaper than £600-700 if you went it alone.

That would be pick up from Detriot and shipping to UK to London Gateway, which in in Thurrock, Essex.

We have 2 choices as to how to pay import duty. I think I can get DSV to pay it on our behalf (may incur a fee, will find out how much) or I can apply for a Temporary VAT number by filling out a C88 form or something like that which you are supposed to do once shipment has arrived and I have certain documents from container and Invoice.

I might ask Kevin if he could drop the declaration price a little, say £250 per pin.

But £1450 + £129 isn't too bad I don't think.

What does everyone else think?

Dave,

Sounds all good to me.

A huge thanks for taking this on, if you need any help just ask.

Dave, that sounds great value! Thanks for doing all this.

I can't believe all those are coming over to the UK :)

Wow. Thats certainly uber cheap.

Might be worth looking at shipping companies that use north western ports for better pricing. Essex is right around the other side of the country.

Great price.
Might be worth trying a port like Liverpool to see if it is any cheaper.
Thanks for sorting this Dave.
Getting closer to owning a Predator, how good is that.

I am waiting to hear back from a few more, but DSV is a good company with good reviews. I will be contacting Martin regarding delivery as well. which leads me to my next request

I would like Predator buyers postcodes please. This way Martin could plan a route and give me a price. Or I might hire a van for the weekend and have a road trip! :)

Back
Top Bottom