What's new

Predator any joy?

Not quite $500. The quote from Keith is $217 (£152). To me, thats a night out. Perfectly acceptable to lose a night out to cause more grief to the scammers.

The defeatist attitude is just not me. You just can't let up on these f*ckers for one minute.

Ah ok I thought it was $500
Suppose it's not that bad then at the amount then

I got the letter too. Didn't understand it. Think I need to hire a solicitor to translate into plain English.

Got one of those letters too. The game isn't over yet, there are still others to chase. One of them has a business that will now come under scrutiny. Yeah, i know they too may also go for bankruptcy but If i'm to pay 3k for thin air, then i will take comfort in the stress i cause them.
Personally, i'm chasing this to the bitter end.

Guess I can add $217 to my predator (im)balance. If this can cause extra legal fees and some stress for Kevin, count me in too...

Why the fefing cluck have I not got a letter????

Is there a contact email or anything on it ??

Thinking about it screw Kevin i am gonna pay the money as well

Did you email 5-0 when it first kicked off, Will?

No I don't think I ever did... I just harassed the **** out of Kevin :(
I still
Haven't got a letter .... Could someone send me a copy so maybe I can make contact please

when you guys paid - did you pay to a company/corporation or did you pay to the individual?

There never was a company. Skit-B claimed to be a non-profit organisation but like everything else Kevin said it was a lie.

hmm well that chapter 7 notice basically means he doesn't have the money to pay the debts and has asked for protection from bankruptcy whilst his assets and figured out. Unless he has real assets house/business or otherwise I doubt you'll see anything, at best a few cents on the dollar which will be even less after fees.

There's no money. His house is in his wife's name and any money he got from the games has long since gone up his nose or was used to buy photography equipment for his wife's business. It's possible the IRS might decide to investigate where $1 million of income went but I'd be gobsmacked if any of the pre-order money ever gets returned.

Luckily most of the U.K. Boys got their money back ... I know it was me, stormy , Tobin and Rus on here that got fully shat on without a penny back :(

I dread to see @cooldan ''s gif for a necrobump. I love @cooldan he's just the bestest friend a guy could want, I'm buying more stuff off him because he's so totally awesome.

Unlike the predator dude whom I also hope gets what's coming to him total con man imho.

;)

Last edited:
I don't even care about the money now. Its well past that point. I do hope to see him pay dearly one day, but i really dont give a toss now.

Now, i dont think anything other than rebuilding my desire to enjoy Pinball. A desire which was almost crushed by this nightmare, but, its only money and happiness far outweighs the need to have more of it.

Still hacks me off that PayPal refused to give me my money back just because I paid direct from my bank and not on a credit card , it's harsh that so many got their cash back this way and others like myself didn't .. I am happy that other members on here got paid back it just ****s me off that PayPal took that stance .
Can't believe this is still going on :(

Paypal did exactly the same thing with me. Although there was a certain UK news article writer that could have saved you and me both a lot of grief with a quick anonymous 'heads up', but chose not to in order to protect his article on the fiasco. He clearly had info a lot earlier than most realise, yet kept it all to himself until it was all too late. So, yeah, a sh*tty thing to do in my opinion. Granted he could never have known about any paypal date cutoffs, but when asked directly by myself if he knew anything i was told he 'could not comment on the matter'. Days later his article came out and everything was known. C'est la vie.

That said, i'm not giving up the chase on Kevin. Just given up on the vile disgust that came over me everytime i thought about it.

It's not too late to join the hunt, Will. Get in touch with Keith on Pinside and make your voice known. Its pennies to do so.

Cheers rus might get in touch with him , seems everyone else has.

Don't know if it would have helped as I was trying to get my money back from Kevin ages before the entire thing blew up , as certain stories and things had been unsettling me over on pinside and also some other things that Just didn't add up . I was in direct contact with Kevin for weeks at one point I was messaging him twice a day and still nothing , he kept promising me the refund and that was ages before all the **** hit the fan. It's just because you and I paid the way we did we got shafted and the lucky ones had credit card protection

What gets me really bad still is the way the ****er did a refund to the PayPal account ages after I had kind of written it off and then the day of clearing it was returned that hacked me off so much

God this still makes my blood boil thousands of ****ing pounds aghhhh what a CU next Tuesday

Don't worry. I'm sure he will get his. Sad thing is, his family will end up suffering because of it all. Its a real possibility he could lose his home.

When you go with Keith, you get log in details to a website with all the court docs and info regarding everything that is going on. Very easy to follow. You wont have to deal with it till the outcome. Whatever that may be. File and forget.

Hey Will, 250 USD or whatever against the payoff would be sounds like nice odds. Why don't you offer the bet to the group? What is it, 20 to 1 or something? They pay the 250, you give them the winnings if there are any, or a split. Maybe you could sell the whole bet the the lawyer? He gives you a grand or so, you transfer to him the potential receipt of the debt. Entertainment all round!

Another possibility regarding PayPal... Take them to small claims court because they treated you differently and unfairly? I don't think it costs much and it means paperwork for PayPal which they won't like. You've got plenty of evidence. They might just make you an offer. You could also try this with the debit card company. Big financial organisations don't want any hassle in court, it costs them too much in admin and they'll have the report it to the ombudsman or something. 5 grand is an easy write-off for them.

180 days is BS, ignore it. Fraud doesn't abide by PayPal's T&Cs, a judge won't either. Statutory rights and stuff.

Isn't PayPal based in Luxembourg? Better do it quick before Teresa May negotiates away all your rights, by popular demand...

Seriously, good luck, dude!

BTW, I was caught in a scam. I was buying on behalf on a friend who needed to pay in GBP, so I was happy to be the middle man. The seller was going to be at the UK pinball party, but pulled out, so I sent the cash to him and was then lied to for the next year. Eventually I opened a case with the law and sent details to this guy who was also scammed (URL below). No result yet and was under 200 quid so not the end of the world, but one day, you never know...
http://stevenf.com/2013/08/04/be-wary-of-steven-gauntley/

Well he failed to show up at court and the court has issued a warrant for his arrest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Will, 250 USD or whatever against the payoff would be sounds like nice odds. Why don't you offer the bet to the group? What is it, 20 to 1 or something? They pay the 250, you give them the winnings if there are any, or a split. Maybe you could sell the whole bet the the lawyer? He gives you a grand or so, you transfer to him the potential receipt of the debt. Entertainment all round!

Another possibility regarding PayPal... Take them to small claims court because they treated you differently and unfairly? I don't think it costs much and it means paperwork for PayPal which they won't like. You've got plenty of evidence. They might just make you an offer. You could also try this with the debit card company. Big financial organisations don't want any hassle in court, it costs them too much in admin and they'll have the report it to the ombudsman or something. 5 grand is an easy write-off for them.

180 days is BS, ignore it. Fraud doesn't abide by PayPal's T&Cs, a judge won't either. Statutory rights and stuff.

Isn't PayPal based in Luxembourg? Better do it quick before Teresa May negotiates away all your rights, by popular demand...

Seriously, good luck, dude!

BTW, I was caught in a scam. I was buying on behalf on a friend who needed to pay in GBP, so I was happy to be the middle man. The seller was going to be at the UK pinball party, but pulled out, so I sent the cash to him and was then lied to for the next year. Eventually I opened a case with the law and sent details to this guy who was also scammed (URL below). No result yet and was under 200 quid so not the end of the world, but one day, you never know...
http://stevenf.com/2013/08/04/be-wary-of-steven-gauntley/

I don't really think what's happening here is much different to what has happened already (I don't mean from from Kevin's perspective - clearly this is an escalation for him - but from the perspective of people potentially seeking damages. My guess is that this will drag on forever as lawyers gradually deplete what little money is left, all the while just prolonging the agony for those involved.

Back
Top Bottom