What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

What a class thread, I was reaching for the PM box at one point. :) hope the owner Nigel feels better soon. This thread reminds me of the advice the GCSE teaches gave as to reading the whole exam sheet before starting only to find you might only need to answer the last question :)

I think I know of another collection like this one with an ex operator called Baz or Gary. It is near Mansfield I think. I walked in there once to look at a Hook he was selling on ebay. He showed me around and had several rooms full to the brim of tombstoned games. That was 4 ot 5 years ago. I wonder whats happened to him and his collection. I think Chris, @ronsplooter , knows him. He might even be on here? It would be great to have all these games in circulation.
Baz is my other halves uncle (only been together for 4 months and no idea of the extent of the pinball connection before🤣) he's an ex operator, visited him last month and it's an aladdins cave! Never seen anything like it.
For a second when I saw the photos here I thought it was his but he has a lot more.
As someone only into owning pinball for a year now, it was a real eye-opener!

Last edited:
Oh excellent. Do you know how many games he has? I somehow came back with 150 as a number in my head but I can't remember whether that's what he told me or whether I made it up.

Oh excellent. Do you know how many games he has? I somehow came back with 150 as a number in my head but I can't remember whether that's what he told me or whether I made it up.

Absolutely no idea but I'd say 150+ including lots of old arcade machines, rifle games, jukeboxes . It was mind-blowing!

and his address is ????????? 😂😂😂😂

I do not know... I was driven by my girlfriend from my place in Suffolk wearing a blindfold. All I remember is the accents changing to Yorkshire types...

A few of us know Baz or have visited him. He normally has a few games set up in one room. He's very wary of the pinball crowd, more so after he was raided for the 3 spirits that he used to own.
Although he hasn't updated his owners list for 12 years, it's still there for all to see.
http://www.pinballowners.com/baz999
Not raided literally?! I know Spirit is sought after..

He's such a nice guy, i can understand why he steers clear of the pinball community.
I saw that list but nothing compared me for the actual collection 😁
He had four set up when I went over and was keen to get me and the lady playing them

Well I feel stupid!
my buddy said Nah it doesn’t happen and didn’t believe it.. I said it’s got to be legit as @replicas is an upstanding member of the pinball community..

I’m off to go and send money to a Nigerian Lawyer as it turns out I have come into some money over there

Last edited:
Known "Baz" since uni. Always took some rare beast to POA shows like Black Sheep Squadron . Bought a lot of deals together including 35 pins from Cardiff for £1000. Once pinball declined on site and then games were no longer £50 each any more , he only sells the odd game on eBay . He has a double level shed full of stuff as well as stuff in his house so total games I'd guess is 200+ . He has the triple pinball addiction - playing / fixing / owning. When I eventually realised my owning had took over from playing I took the plunge and opened the electric circus , first in Birmingham now in Nuneaton. Having 50 games to play is better than 150 stacked up. Saying that we still have aroind 30 games hidden from view here!

And Dave tell your mate it does happen - but getting rarer - the video guys have had some good hauls in the last few years . There are pins out there - somewhere!

And NLP guys , wish Nigel well and did you get a feeding frenzy for the Vector LOL

A nice de**il to add might've been a narrow escape for the 'rubbish' from some notorious flipper, who'd described it as such but reluctantly agreed to dispose of it.

And, while I don't (as far as I'm aware) know Nigel, best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom