What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I think I know of another collection like this one with an ex operator called Baz or Gary. It is near Mansfield I think. I walked in there once to look at a Hook he was selling on ebay. He showed me around and had several rooms full to the brim of tombstoned games. That was 4 ot 5 years ago. I wonder whats happened to him and his collection. I think Chris, @ronsplooter , knows him. He might even be on here? It would be great to have all these games in circulation.

I think I know of another collection like this one with an ex operator called Baz or Gary. It is near Mansfield I think. I walked in there once to look at a Hook he was selling on ebay. He showed me around and had several rooms full to the brim of tombstoned games. That was 4 ot 5 years ago. I wonder whats happened to him and his collection. I think Chris, @ronsplooter , knows him. He might even be on here? It would be great to have all these games in circulation.
I bought my Black Rider from him over 10 years ago and he had quite the haul back then.

From opening this thread...
One picture in: Oh wow!
Five pictures in: So amazing, these backglasses look well kept!
Fourteen pictures in: This is too much, but I still want more!!!

I think he was holding onto it as his retirement money. Selling one, once in a while. He seemed to have modest needs.

I think he was holding onto it as his retirement money. Selling one, once in a while. He seemed to have modest needs.
Does he still play them, or are they just tombstoned waiting to be sold as and when he needs the cash?

I contemplated driving back to his place a while back to see where he is at in his life. But that didn't happen. Plus I am not 100% sure I'd find the place again!
As I recall, they were all tombstoned. And he said he had a lock up full of them too.

You've more chance of platting fog. He's not going to sell you any.
He certainly didn't seem to be in a rush to sell. And he knew very well how much they were worth. Having said that his Hook was reasonably priced at the time.

Well I think its time to come clean.
All those machines are Nigels (one of the founding members of the NLP) a little back ground, Nigel had a stroke a while back and has been trying to get back to full health, he is getting there but still has a way to go.
So with him having so many machines in storage we the NLP said we would remove all the batteries from his collection of games to save them leaking onto the boards.
While we were over at Nigels yesterday with all the machines set out it just looked like a mega find of machines, something that happened years ago but is so rare to find now a days.
It just looked like we had found the mother load. Thus we had a cruel idea that we would play a prank on everyone on the forum, sorry.
My inbox, texts and PM's as you might expect have been pretty busy, most just to congratulate us on finding all those lovely machines in fantastic condition.
Once again a big sorry from us we hope you can see the funny side.
Oh and nothing is for sale at this moment in time but once Nigel starts getting back to his old self and if he does want to move anything on they will be advertised on Pinball Info before anywhere else.
Thank you for being good sports which I know you all are.
And one last thing I would like to congratulate Nigel on a fabulous line up of games. It certainly got a few on here drooling.
D.

Well I think its time to come clean.
All those machines are Nigels (one of the founding members of the NLP) a little back ground, Nigel had a stroke a while back and has been trying to get back to full health, he is getting there but still has a way to go.
So with him having so many machines in storage we the NLP said we would remove all the batteries from his collection of games to save them leaking onto the boards.
While we were over at Nigels yesterday with all the machines set out it just looked like a mega find of machines, something that happened years ago but is so rare to find now a days.
It just looked like we had found the mother load. Thus we had a cruel idea that we would play a prank on everyone on the forum, sorry.
My inbox, texts and PM's as you might expect have been pretty busy, most just to congratulate us on finding all those lovely machines in fantastic condition.
Once again a big sorry from us we hope you can see the funny side.
Oh and nothing is for sale at this moment in time but once Nigel starts getting back to his old self and if he does want to move anything on they will be advertised on Pinball Info before anywhere else.
Thank you for being good sports which I know you all are.
And one last thing I would like to congratulate Nigel on a fabulous line up of games. It certainly got a few on here drooling.
D.
😂😂😂
Nice one!!

Back
Top Bottom