What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your dogs!

I am working on my wife and daughter for a dog, the hip operation got in the way. My daughter now has pictures of my last dog, pre meeting my wife. She takes them around and talks to them about things so hopefully it will happen soon

Absolute needles! He's also bit straight through a phone charger cable while it was charging as well as an ethernet cable while I was in the middle of a video conference!

Attachments

• 5B3899D8-876F-4F0B-8D95-207EEB8EFB17.jpeg
    5B3899D8-876F-4F0B-8D95-207EEB8EFB17.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 7
Any tips on introducing a new puppy into a household with a young unpredictable territorial high prey drive dog?

We had this. We already had a smooth collie and got a border. No sooner was the border pup on the floor and the smoothie tried to kill it :(

Was just a question of keeping them apart and slowly introducing them to each other. We put a child safety gate on the kitchen to keep the border apart from the smoothie and used something like this so we could have them in the same room to get them used to each other:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Queiting-P...t=&hvlocphy=9046757&hvtargid=pla-870204138910

They are pretty much fine now. Occasionally the border will drop his toy on the smoothie and they kick off a bit- but not its way more manageable than it was
beach.jpg

Oh that's a good idea, thanks! I've ordered a load of dog door gates but hadn't thought of a pen. Our older dog is part collie, part terrier. I wasn't expecting him to react quite so aggressively to the new pup. I don't trust him not to attack it, which is disappointing. It's definitely going to be a slow introduction over the next week or two.

Love this thread! We are due to pick up our cockapoo pup Harris on Wednesday. Kids are beyond excited [emoji4] 91ae6e02f9de8562e3da8bd784882f10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sort have you gone for, the inquisitive and friendly type or the beyond bonkers obsessive type my Mum got two years ago? [emoji6]
It took a while, lockdown hasn’t helped, for me to bond with the crazy fellow.

What sort have you gone for, the inquisitive and friendly type or the beyond bonkers obsessive type my Mum got two years ago? [emoji6]
It took a while, lockdown hasn’t helped, for me to bond with the crazy fellow.

Well owner has said that he is very inquisitive and was the first from the litter out the bed, first to explore new things etc so I guess he’s a pioneer! I think all pups have a crazy half hour.

Your pup looks awesome have you named him yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to put one of my ThaI Ridgebacks down a couple of weeks ago, he was just too volatile. We lived with his issues for nearly 5 years and had professional help even before he was a year old who said he wasn’t all there. We even got another one which came in from the top euro breeder with her dad being champion stud of Europe for years to keep him company and calm him down, it didn’t. The new dog is night and day difference too Zeus, not aggressive but still protective.
When you have a dog like that who can be in your face before yo can blink it’s not good especially if one minute he is loving you on your lap then he just turns aggressive growling at you in your face, horrible. He could rip you to pieces I have no doubt. He had bitten a few people but not bad.
Very quiet here now and relaxed, we were on edge all the time with him. At least nobody can get hurt or worse, including me!
He absolutely went for me and that was that😔
RIP Zeus
CCDD37EB-3AB5-4556-B39A-41210CCA1750.jpeg

Oh that's a good idea, thanks! I've ordered a load of dog door gates but hadn't thought of a pen. Our older dog is part collie, part terrier. I wasn't expecting him to react quite so aggressively to the new pup. I don't trust him not to attack it, which is disappointing. It's definitely going to be a slow introduction over the next week or two.
Yeah - it was a shock to us cos the smoothie wasnt aggressive at all. Likes to bark a lot... other than that hes fine. But no, put down Shep and in he went .. must destroy.

Managed to pick up a play pen this morning and waiting for door gates to arrive later today. Here's the new arrival. He's a Beagle Cocker Spaniel cross. A Bocker.

Attachments

• C6736114-1E63-4261-BF6D-2AD54F4C730F.jpeg
    C6736114-1E63-4261-BF6D-2AD54F4C730F.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 9AA8A41A-308C-4299-9E3A-E262D4F50706.jpeg
    9AA8A41A-308C-4299-9E3A-E262D4F50706.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 842856CB-FE30-4BBD-AEA8-A84AD5240E93.jpeg
    842856CB-FE30-4BBD-AEA8-A84AD5240E93.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 11
  • 35F83396-7D9C-4E65-AD18-A6F2076DD312.jpeg
    35F83396-7D9C-4E65-AD18-A6F2076DD312.jpeg