What's new

Possibly sacrilege

Yeh my first ever machine, I got it in COVID, it mocked me in my living room like a giant coffin, laughing at my stupidity. If I still had lived in London I would have paid someone to get it working.

I basically changed every single opto, my philosophy with that was if I took the bloody thing apart and desoldiering and the subway is a ### it's 30 years old it's getting new bits. The hardest thing was the canons, the wiring loom soldering in place on the playfield for a newbee was scary. The fliptronics board also had issues but I sent away it away to be repaired I also didn't know anything about diods at the time and ### the power driver board assembling the coils the wrong way round, didn't twig the picture and the coil was assembled wrong when I took it out so put it back in wrong and## the power driver board . Another send away to

Yeh my first ever machine, I got it in COVID, it mocked me in my living room like a giant coffin, laughing at my stupidity. If I still had lived in London I would have paid someone to get it working.

I basically changed every single opto, my philosophy with that was if I took the bloody thing apart and desoldiering and the subway is a ### it's 30 years old it's getting new bits. The hardest thing was the canons, the wiring loom soldering in place on the playfield for a newbee was scary. The fliptronics board also had issues but I sent away it away to be repaired I also didn't know anything about diods at the time and ### the power driver board assembling the coils the wrong way round, didn't twig the picture and the coil was assembled wrong when I took it out so put it back in wrong and## the power driver board . Another send away to be repaired

I basically changed every single opto, my philosophy with that was if I took the bloody thing apart and desoldiering and the subway is a ### it's 30 years old it's getting new bits. The hardest thing was the canons, the wiring loom soldering in place on the playfield for a newbee was scary. The fliptronics board also had issues but I sent away it away to be repaired I also didn't know anything about diods at the time and ### the power driver board assembling the coils the wrong way round, didn't twig the picture and the coil was assembled wrong when I took it out so put it back in wrong and## the power driver board . Another send away to be repaired
🤣😭🤣🤣😇😭😭

Mate you’re a brave man taking STtNG on without a clue ……nutter

Respect 🎩

You found pretty much everything

MM 🐰

Agree definitely not, unless you've sat on one for 10 years and Bought for example an Adams for £2k it's worth then spending £3k + on it (without labour)
can only add that back in the day a NOS Capcom board set would cost twice as much as buying another machine for a donor and making two, it was also the same with the ToM gold I made

MM 🐰

🤣😭🤣🤣😇😭😭

Mate you’re a brave man taking STtNG on without a clue ……nutter

Respect 🎩

You found pretty much everything

MM 🐰
Well I did buy it working, it worked for 10 minutes 🤭. I'm still great friends with the seller, it was a fair price, I have no complaints and they tried there best to get it going, it was an absolute**"*. I got it working panicked and traded it for a LOTR, doubting my work, it worked flawlessly except for some weird thing I never fixed to do with the ball save light, which the buyer noticed and fixed straight away, for the new owner for a number of years. The thing I haven't learnt yet are boards, I'm reluctant to try practice on stuff that you can't replace 😏

Thanks, my philosophy now is if you fixed a sttng most machines are easy

can only add that back in the day a NOS Capcom board set would cost twice as much as buying another machine for a donor and making two, it was also the same with the ToM gold I made

MM 🐰
Wow, it's amazing how things change. I suppose it's a supply and demand thing, if you just read this forum you would think there's a warehouse full of demand for some part, but the reality its maybe 2 or 3 people in the UK that need it., even then they probably change there mind

Aint any different here in perminently-raining Wales!
I Can vouch for that ……I lived in Pembroke national park for 10 yrs

Everyone said “Oooh it’s so green, aren’t you lucky”

They never asked why it was green though 🤷‍♀️

MM 🐰

Well I did buy it working, it worked for 10 minutes 🤭. I'm still great friends with the seller, it was a fair price, I have no complaints and they tried there best to get it going, it was an absolute**"*. I got it working panicked and traded it for a LOTR, doubting my work, it worked flawlessly except for some weird thing I never fixed to do with the ball save light, which the buyer noticed and fixed straight away, for the new owner for a number of years. The thing I haven't learnt yet are boards, I'm reluctant to try practice on stuff that you can't replace 😏

Thanks, my philosophy now is if you fixed a sttng most machines are easy
I did forget to add and the most important thing i couldn't have fixed it without the generosity of people here pointing me in the right direction and providing me with their experience and expertise otherwise I would have had no chance

Wow, it's amazing how things change. I suppose it's a supply and demand thing, if you just read this forum you would think there's a warehouse full of demand for some part, but the reality its maybe 2 or 3 people in the UK that need it., even then they probably change there mind
No I think it’s a global market thing in that no one in China thought of making a display or board components for pence back then and that has bought the price of the electronics down

The internet wasn’t really anything until the mid/late 2000’s

But if you like ‘proper’ machines (cue flame suit on 🔥) Paul was asking for Transporter the Rescue sys 11 1989…….I’ve had one with a production run of 850 worldwide so how many space craft mouldings do you think were made as spares ? (I’ve got one if needed NOS)

That’s why it was cheaper to buy a donor and make a really good one for yourself and dump the other to cover your cost of the venture and break even

MM 🐰

Bunny out the box

I did forget to add and the most important thing i couldn't have fixed it without the generosity of people here pointing me in the right direction and providing me with their experience and expertise otherwise I would have had no chance
don’t be a smartarse too soon with ‘if you can fix STtNG you can fix anything’

Have you met Mrs Capcom ?

MM 🐰

don’t be a smartarse too soon with ‘if you can fix STtNG you can fix anything’

Have you met Mrs Capcom ?

MM 🐰
Lol not yet, there a rocky and Bullwinkle and an an Adams to do first

Outside of big bang, is there any capcom games that are any good? street fighter from memory a long time ago was rubbish

No I think it’s a global market thing in that no one in China thought of making a display or board components for pence back then and that has bought the price of the electronics down

The internet wasn’t really anything until the mid/late 2000’s

But if you like ‘proper’ machines (cue flame suit on 🔥) Paul was asking for Transporter the Rescue sys 11 1989…….I’ve had one with a production run of 850 worldwide so how many space craft mouldings do you think were made as spares ? (I’ve got one if needed NOS)

That’s why it was cheaper to buy a donor and make a really good one for yourself and dump the other to cover your cost of the venture and break even

MM 🐰

Bunny out the box
That makes sense, regarding doner machines. Wondering if that still a possibility?

Perhaps it's time to steal that data east batman cabinet my mate has and the parts the other had and get it back going for £5k 🧐🤣 it will need a new playfield and ramps

That makes sense, regarding doner machines. Wondering if that still a possibility?

Perhaps it's time to steal that data east batman cabinet my mate has and the parts the other had and get it back going for £5k 🧐🤣 it will need a new playfield and ramps
Yes it’s still possible but now your playing with 000’s we were playing with time and effort and camaraderie

Data East Batman as an example say I would have gave you mebbe £350 for tidy one with smashed plastics and decal wear and paid £200 for one that kids had carved their name into the cab art

Bit of work shed loads of driving and mates help

and one £1200 and one £150 but Batman is **** so I wouldn’t have 💰😜🥸

MM 🐰

Lol not yet, there a rocky and Bullwinkle and an an Adams to do first

Outside of big bang, is there any capcom games that are any good? street fighter from memory a long time ago was rubbish
Be careful with R & B I’ve no experience but told it can be ugly

You know you’ve opened the box ?

MM 🐰

Attachments

• IMG_5776.png
    IMG_5776.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 8
Streetfighter was techically Gottlieb bro. 👊 (Gottlieb used Capcom smart etc)

Capcom only made five mate

MM 🐰

From what I’ve seen machines are still being found in revolting condition

MM 🐰
Mostly EMs, I’d say. There are loads of EMs in appalling condition on eBay.

The Bally-Williams era games are now valuable because they have loads of mechs and are really solid compared to modern Spike 2 Sterns.

The 80s machines seem to be stuck in storage - not bad enough condition to be scrapped, but not desirable enough to be restored, I think. I felt lucky to get a project Alien Poker (which I’m doing a cab restore and playfield swap on, super slowly, with no workshop and two young kids!) I had a period, as a n00b, where I got maddeningly frustrated by the lack of 80s pins coming onto the market. Obviously a lot of them warehoused, but nothing for sale.

Back
Top Bottom