What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly sacrilege

Yeh my first ever machine, I got it in COVID, it mocked me in my living room like a giant coffin, laughing at my stupidity. If I still had lived in London I would have paid someone to get it working.

I basically changed every single opto, my philosophy with that was if I took the bloody thing apart and desoldiering and the subway is a ### it's 30 years old it's getting new bits. The hardest thing was the canons, the wiring loom soldering in place on the playfield for a newbee was scary. The fliptronics board also had issues but I sent away it away to be repaired I also didn't know anything about diods at the time and ### the power driver board assembling the coils the wrong way round, didn't twig the picture and the coil was assembled wrong when I took it out so put it back in wrong and## the power driver board . Another send away to

Yeh my first ever machine, I got it in COVID, it mocked me in my living room like a giant coffin, laughing at my stupidity. If I still had lived in London I would have paid someone to get it working.

I basically changed every single opto, my philosophy with that was if I took the bloody thing apart and desoldiering and the subway is a ### it's 30 years old it's getting new bits. The hardest thing was the canons, the wiring loom soldering in place on the playfield for a newbee was scary. The fliptronics board also had issues but I sent away it away to be repaired I also didn't know anything about diods at the time and ### the power driver board assembling the coils the wrong way round, didn't twig the picture and the coil was assembled wrong when I took it out so put it back in wrong and## the power driver board . Another send away to be repaired

I basically changed every single opto, my philosophy with that was if I took the bloody thing apart and desoldiering and the subway is a ### it's 30 years old it's getting new bits. The hardest thing was the canons, the wiring loom soldering in place on the playfield for a newbee was scary. The fliptronics board also had issues but I sent away it away to be repaired I also didn't know anything about diods at the time and ### the power driver board assembling the coils the wrong way round, didn't twig the picture and the coil was assembled wrong when I took it out so put it back in wrong and## the power driver board . Another send away to be repaired
🤣😭🤣🤣😇😭😭

Mate you’re a brave man taking STtNG on without a clue ……nutter

Respect 🎩

You found pretty much everything

MM 🐰

Agree definitely not, unless you've sat on one for 10 years and Bought for example an Adams for £2k it's worth then spending £3k + on it (without labour)
can only add that back in the day a NOS Capcom board set would cost twice as much as buying another machine for a donor and making two, it was also the same with the ToM gold I made

MM 🐰

🤣😭🤣🤣😇😭😭

Mate you’re a brave man taking STtNG on without a clue ……nutter

Respect 🎩

You found pretty much everything

MM 🐰
Well I did buy it working, it worked for 10 minutes 🤭. I'm still great friends with the seller, it was a fair price, I have no complaints and they tried there best to get it going, it was an absolute**"*. I got it working panicked and traded it for a LOTR, doubting my work, it worked flawlessly except for some weird thing I never fixed to do with the ball save light, which the buyer noticed and fixed straight away, for the new owner for a number of years. The thing I haven't learnt yet are boards, I'm reluctant to try practice on stuff that you can't replace 😏

Thanks, my philosophy now is if you fixed a sttng most machines are easy

can only add that back in the day a NOS Capcom board set would cost twice as much as buying another machine for a donor and making two, it was also the same with the ToM gold I made

MM 🐰
Wow, it's amazing how things change. I suppose it's a supply and demand thing, if you just read this forum you would think there's a warehouse full of demand for some part, but the reality its maybe 2 or 3 people in the UK that need it., even then they probably change there mind

Aint any different here in perminently-raining Wales!
I Can vouch for that ……I lived in Pembroke national park for 10 yrs

Everyone said “Oooh it’s so green, aren’t you lucky”

They never asked why it was green though 🤷‍♀️

MM 🐰

Well I did buy it working, it worked for 10 minutes 🤭. I'm still great friends with the seller, it was a fair price, I have no complaints and they tried there best to get it going, it was an absolute**"*. I got it working panicked and traded it for a LOTR, doubting my work, it worked flawlessly except for some weird thing I never fixed to do with the ball save light, which the buyer noticed and fixed straight away, for the new owner for a number of years. The thing I haven't learnt yet are boards, I'm reluctant to try practice on stuff that you can't replace 😏

Thanks, my philosophy now is if you fixed a sttng most machines are easy
I did forget to add and the most important thing i couldn't have fixed it without the generosity of people here pointing me in the right direction and providing me with their experience and expertise otherwise I would have had no chance

Wow, it's amazing how things change. I suppose it's a supply and demand thing, if you just read this forum you would think there's a warehouse full of demand for some part, but the reality its maybe 2 or 3 people in the UK that need it., even then they probably change there mind
No I think it’s a global market thing in that no one in China thought of making a display or board components for pence back then and that has bought the price of the electronics down

The internet wasn’t really anything until the mid/late 2000’s

But if you like ‘proper’ machines (cue flame suit on 🔥) Paul was asking for Transporter the Rescue sys 11 1989…….I’ve had one with a production run of 850 worldwide so how many space craft mouldings do you think were made as spares ? (I’ve got one if needed NOS)

That’s why it was cheaper to buy a donor and make a really good one for yourself and dump the other to cover your cost of the venture and break even

MM 🐰

Bunny out the box

I did forget to add and the most important thing i couldn't have fixed it without the generosity of people here pointing me in the right direction and providing me with their experience and expertise otherwise I would have had no chance
don’t be a smartarse too soon with ‘if you can fix STtNG you can fix anything’

Have you met Mrs Capcom ?

MM 🐰

don’t be a smartarse too soon with ‘if you can fix STtNG you can fix anything’

Have you met Mrs Capcom ?

MM 🐰
Lol not yet, there a rocky and Bullwinkle and an an Adams to do first

Outside of big bang, is there any capcom games that are any good? street fighter from memory a long time ago was rubbish

No I think it’s a global market thing in that no one in China thought of making a display or board components for pence back then and that has bought the price of the electronics down

The internet wasn’t really anything until the mid/late 2000’s

But if you like ‘proper’ machines (cue flame suit on 🔥) Paul was asking for Transporter the Rescue sys 11 1989…….I’ve had one with a production run of 850 worldwide so how many space craft mouldings do you think were made as spares ? (I’ve got one if needed NOS)

That’s why it was cheaper to buy a donor and make a really good one for yourself and dump the other to cover your cost of the venture and break even

MM 🐰

Bunny out the box
That makes sense, regarding doner machines. Wondering if that still a possibility?

Perhaps it's time to steal that data east batman cabinet my mate has and the parts the other had and get it back going for £5k 🧐🤣 it will need a new playfield and ramps

That makes sense, regarding doner machines. Wondering if that still a possibility?

Perhaps it's time to steal that data east batman cabinet my mate has and the parts the other had and get it back going for £5k 🧐🤣 it will need a new playfield and ramps
Yes it’s still possible but now your playing with 000’s we were playing with time and effort and camaraderie

Data East Batman as an example say I would have gave you mebbe £350 for tidy one with smashed plastics and decal wear and paid £200 for one that kids had carved their name into the cab art

Bit of work shed loads of driving and mates help

and one £1200 and one £150 but Batman is **** so I wouldn’t have 💰😜🥸

MM 🐰

Lol not yet, there a rocky and Bullwinkle and an an Adams to do first

Outside of big bang, is there any capcom games that are any good? street fighter from memory a long time ago was rubbish
Be careful with R & B I’ve no experience but told it can be ugly

You know you’ve opened the box ?

MM 🐰

Attachments

• IMG_5776.png
    IMG_5776.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 8
Streetfighter was techically Gottlieb bro. 👊 (Gottlieb used Capcom smart etc)

Capcom only made five mate

MM 🐰

From what I’ve seen machines are still being found in revolting condition

MM 🐰
Mostly EMs, I’d say. There are loads of EMs in appalling condition on eBay.

The Bally-Williams era games are now valuable because they have loads of mechs and are really solid compared to modern Spike 2 Sterns.

The 80s machines seem to be stuck in storage - not bad enough condition to be scrapped, but not desirable enough to be restored, I think. I felt lucky to get a project Alien Poker (which I’m doing a cab restore and playfield swap on, super slowly, with no workshop and two young kids!) I had a period, as a n00b, where I got maddeningly frustrated by the lack of 80s pins coming onto the market. Obviously a lot of them warehoused, but nothing for sale.

Back
Top Bottom