What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Popeye Saves The Earth

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
:eek:

No .... someone hasn't hacked my account .... after many sleepless nights and much heart wrenching I may reluctantly have to let the good ship Popeye set sail :( Something has to give at GrizZ HQ and I'm finding it hard to choose what so I'm gonna see if any interest in the sailor man.

I'd love to keep all the games I love but I can't. A recent sad loss in the family has also reminded me how short life is and you can't get too attached to big boxes of switches and lights.

Anyway - asking £1750. This is a nice Popeye, not some old beater.

If no takers ...I'll happily keep it and rethink. I might even rethink and pull this anyway :rofl:

Lovely condition - playfield great, very little wear.
Plays fantastic - everything as it should be.
Inserts all LED.
DMD - perfect. Will be sold with original style ..I'm running the awesome ColorDMD in at at present but I'm keeping that.
Cab good but showing the usual fade to front and one side in particular

Tons of pics of it in my epic thread - older pics but little has changed since then. It's a stacked Bally widebody machine which I have enjoyed owning so much, I've explained the surprisingly deep rule set in insane detail in my post as well ...really dont want it to go but I cant keep the same games forever :rolleyes:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...opeye-the-good-the-bad-and-the-spinach.34036/

Last edited:
How much??? I nearly bought the last one on ebay and missed by one. Was much lower than this. What happened to friendly forum prices? This is higher than eBay. Come on dude. Surely without ebay fees you should be less? This is ripping people off from a pinball forum ....if you’re higher than ebay then whats the point of advertising here??? Give us a without fee price???

How much??? I nearly bought the last one on ebay and missed by one. Was much lower than this. What happened to friendly forum prices? This is higher than eBay. Come on dude. Surely without ebay fees you should be less? This is ripping people off from a pinball forum ....if you’re higher than ebay then whats the point of advertising here??? Give us a without fee price???
Wow. Thanks for that [emoji3]

I'm not known for ripping people off but if that's how you feel then don't hold back.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that ebay prices are generally higher these days anyway. Those pins up for several grand sit there for quite a while and fees are not really a thing when they do £1 day every few weeks.

I have no idea the condition of the last one you just missed out on.

I have seen previous ones go for 1700+ in way tatttier condition.

You'll be lucky to get any DMD machine on EBay / Facebook /wherever for much less than 1500 these days.

There is no hard and fast rule to pricing on here or eBay, and a multitude of factors.

It's entirely up to me what price I ask. People are free to contact me and politely make offers. Or can just shout and scream on my For Sale like you.

Guess which one might get the best response?

@Jasonmuir737 If you had posted this on anyone's For Sale thread, accusing them of ripping people off... I'd be saying that's Out Of Order.

You're posting it on my For Sale thread so I'm saying it's f***ing rude and Out Of Order.

Last edited:
Evening all, to be fair another Popeye sold fast no long ago on this forum for a similar price (https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/popeye-saves-the-earth.42452/) that was also a lovely machine but I think the one for sale here is probably as good as one would ever hope to find so worth the extra imho - I would happily buy at the asking price if I only had the space! :(

I borrowed this Popeye for quite a while and it is in very nice condition, I haven't seen a better one. Moreover it is good game to play and quite deep.

Importantly this for sale thread it finally settles a very old argument, Whodunnit is better than Popeye. Grizz has got bored after 15 years + of Popeye ownership, W?D wins :clap::thumbs::cuckoo::hmm:

Last edited:

As we have said on many occasion - people ask what they ask, for reasons known to them. If you don't like it... move on... Hey, better than that, just get one from Ebay if they are that cheap there...

Plus... Taking a rather strong sideswipe at an admin who spends a lot of his time here helping and doing things for the good of the forum.... Thats thin ice right there...

I do like that Ebay logic. Following it, I reckon Black roses will be less than £1200 and Diners less than a grand from now on for sale on here. 😁

Back
Top Bottom