What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Johnny!

I'm far too impatient to wait for fully populated ramps so I'm going to make do with what I have:

20140723_180037.jpg

REEEAAAALLLYY hate those damn rivets. (Broken dremel means Neanderthal tech must be used - If they go technical 'n all that...)

20140723_182124.jpg 20140723_192736.jpg

The decals are many, but so far all of them came off the old and went on the new ramps with no problem whatsoever. I just peeled them off, and stuck them back down. Some of them are a little grubby at the edges so I may have to make an attempt at cleaning them.

These next two pics are of a before and after of my old ramp flap after sanding off the tarnished finish and reapplying some new blue. The stuff used is birchwood casey's super gun blue. Its super hard to apply evenly (goes on black and patchy at first) but I eventually worked it out and just followed the instructions to the letter. The steel wool brushing after each application is a must to even out the patchy areas. I found that the more you put on, the more it tends to go a rainbow like colour. Might mess around with it a bit more but I like the way it looks right now (applied with a cotton bud):

20140723_200123.jpg

20140725_173224.jpg

Nice job, the ramp flap has come up really well.

Are you going to protect the new ramp with a metal lane guide ?

Yeah, was thinking about that. I know you mentioned you had yours made. I'd love to see a pic if you have one?

I've got some old lane guides to hack up so ill deffo give a try. The rivets are driving me insane right now using just a drill and a pair of pliers so i'm getting another dremel before I attempt the rest.

Back
Top Bottom