What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help! Revenge from mars NEW computer from mypinballs not working

Sorry to hear that for whatever reason it isn't working mate but think it is bad that because @myPinballs hasn't contacted you within 8 hours then you put up a non working post naming him, this is Pinball Info not Pinside!!!

Would it not have been courteous just to pm him and wait?

It is the weekend here, Jim might be on holiday or spending time with the family :)

Just saying :D

Hi,

Sorry for the delay replying to your message. I haven't been on the forum today yet and haven't had chance until now to check my emails. I got your email from 9.47pm last night. Please bear in mind the time differences from USA and UK and that this is the weekend.

We will get this sorted out for you no problem. This is the first one that has had any issue not booting up. I know that the machine arrived to you on 9th March and has been sitting for awhile. I'll reply back to you direct with some suggestions on what to try first.

To confirm, I will get this sorted out for you no problem, but please give me time to do so.

Jim

mypinballs.co.uk

Re-seat the sata cable into the top most blue connector on the motherboard, basically three up from where it is now.

Sorry to hear that for whatever reason it isn't working mate but think it is bad that because @myPinballs hasn't contacted you within 8 hours then you put up a non working post naming him, this is Pinball Info not Pinside!!!

Would it not have been courteous just to pm him and wait?

It is the weekend here, Jim might be on holiday or spending time with the family :)

Just saying :D
I did pm him and email him first. I forgot about the time difference so it was later in the evening there. AND I just figured I did something wrong. I was hoping to try to get it up and running before the weekend was over with my long hours I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to look at the game and have him help at the same time. And also I didn't know how else to post the title because I didn't want a lot of replies of people that have the original version. I meant no disrespect

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay replying to your message. I haven't been on the forum today yet and haven't had chance until now to check my emails. I got your email from 9.47pm last night. Please bear in mind the time differences from USA and UK and that this is the weekend.

We will get this sorted out for you no problem. This is the first one that has had any issue not booting up. I know that the machine arrived to you on 9th March and has been sitting for awhile. I'll reply back to you direct with some suggestions on what to try first.

To confirm, I will get this sorted out for you no problem, but please give me time to do so.

Jim

mypinballs.co.uk
Thank you so much. I figured you would and I did forget about the time difference I apologize

Just plug the sata cable into whatever other sockets there is. It'll boot up eventually.

Just plug the sata cable into whatever other sockets there is. It'll boot up eventually.
Tried that over 2 hours. Jim had me try several things to no avail.... Have to take out the drive and send to him. He suspects there is something wrong with it.
Thanks though for all the advice and time you all put into this.
Like I posted earlier I have the worst luck. This is the first one he had an issue with after building it.
Thanks also to jim for taking the time to troubleshoot on a Sunday and agreeing to repair it.

If the bios is in japanese I would be questioning something on the MB with the bios....

Jim is the man...

Also @RobZombie - you are talking about Prism cards - this set up does not use one. Its a Pinbox linux system.

Tried that over 2 hours. Jim had me try several things to no avail.... Have to take out the drive and send to him. He suspects there is something wrong with it.
Thanks though for all the advice and time you all put into this.
Like I posted earlier I have the worst luck. This is the first one he had an issue with after building it.
Thanks also to jim for taking the time to troubleshoot on a Sunday and agreeing to repair it.
So here is is all cleaned up with no brains....20170716_133219.jpg 1500235251552-1632901607.jpg

Attachments

• 1500235216416-175237602.jpg
    1500235216416-175237602.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
Jim fixed the issue and game is running!!!

I am having an unrelated issue with lights that i started another post hoping to get some advice....

Thanks again all who took their time to help trouble shoot this...it is overwhelming how nice this group is and how helpful you all are.....

Back
Top Bottom