What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help! Revenge from mars NEW computer from mypinballs not working

bk2futr

Registered
5Years
Try to give as much history here.. I bought a RFM about 8 months ago and it had no computer. So It was supposed to be working before the computer went and so I bought it.
I bought a new computer off Mypinballs and while I was waiting on it being shipped to me I decided to get the playfield all torn down and refurbished and rebuilt everything on it as I went.
So today was finally the day I have it all ready to put together and after plugging everything in and turning it on I get nothing but the marquee light and about 5 led light on the large board that sits under the playfield.
The monitor is lit and shows the 1GB hard drive picture for a moment then it has a blue screen that says something about not a bootable device or something like that.
And the computer fan on the chip iis spinning and the amp light is lit for the speakers on the computer set up.
Is there an interlock or something I am missing that wont let anything at all light up? Or something else I have to hook up?
I have the power cord, monitor, speaker, and large cable that goes down to the Power board under the playfield all hooked up and screen is locked on this message.
On the board under the playfield I only have a few led lights lit on the right side. I had seen somewhere while investigating this that this means the computer isn't communicating with the power board...
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know anything about the MyPinballs setup and I'm sure he will be along to help you out when he gets chance, but my RFM with original computer has 4 cables coming off it (not including the power).

By your description saying the PC powers up and states no bootable device available it means something is configured wrong with the hard drive, or there is a problem with the hard drive.

If it doesn't boot into the operating system then the rest of the pinball machine will do nothing

Drop @myPinballs a message. He is a great guy to deal with

Can you get me a screen shot of the blue screen and I'll tell you what's failed. I'm guessing ssd has died.

Plug a keyboard in and a spare pc monitor.

Go into the bios and check computer is booting from the ssd.

The bios battery may of failed (perhaps) as well and reverted to factory settings.

Send mypinballs a message. I've not heard anyone say he doesn't give a warranty on the stuff he sells. In fact the opposite.

Make sure the hard drive connectors are both inserted. I've known sata cables to work out.

If you are getting a blue screen with writing on. That should give you a clue what's wrong!

Don't forget pinbox runs Linux. Not windows.

Really hard to tell from your 1st pic due to the angle, but have you got power going into that SSD?

I was thinking that myself never seen a bsod on 'nix. Just kernal panic or something in grub.

Does look like the SATA power cable is not in the SSD, looks like power and bus cables are tied together
But like @RobZombie says it's hard to say from the pic

Linux doesn't BSOD, I suspect what you're seeing is the gigabyte UEFI finding no bootable devices and then looping round, or just waiting.

Does look like the SATA power cable is not in the SSD, looks like power and bus cables are tied together

Linux doesn't BSOD, I suspect what you're seeing is the gigabyte UEFI finding no bootable devices and then looping round, or just waiting.

Agreed - I recon thats it - SSD has no Juice.... Just needs connecting, and would explain why you have the equivalent of "no boot device" :)

There should be two cables going into the SSD - the blue sata and the Power cable, which looks like its sat next to it :)

Agreed - I recon thats it - SSD has no Juice.... Just needs connecting, and would explain why you have the equivalent of "no boot device" :)

There should be two cables going into the SSD - the blue sata and the Power cable, which looks like its sat next to it :)
It has juice I think. I saw that extra wire at first and I thought the same things that you guys but it seems to just be an extra plug buy the plug that is inside of the SSD I took a picture of it20170716_091216.jpg

Attachments

• 20170716_091219.jpg
    20170716_091219.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 8
Ahh Rats - Got ya.... I would suggest that you take out, and remove and reconnect the cables, just in case.... (Unlikely :( )

is it plugged into the same port at it was initially (Blue Cable) on the motherboard?

just seen the pic - so either the SSD is completely hosed (unusual for just being sat there), or the PC is looking for the wrong boot port....

To do anything more on that, you'll need a spare keyboard and mouse, connected up to the PC..

Ahh Rats - Got ya.... I would suggest that you take out, and remove and reconnect the cables, just in case.... (Unlikely :( )

is it plugged into the same port at it was initially (Blue Cable) on the motherboard?
Yes i didn't want to mess with anything...

just seen the pic - so either the SSD is completely hosed (unusual for just being sat there), or the PC is looking for the wrong boot port....

To do anything more on that, you'll need a spare keyboard and mouse, connected up to the PC..
Yeah I don't really know what I would be doing there. I bought this just for the fact that it would be plug and play.

By your description saying the PC powers up and states no bootable device available it means something is configured wrong with the hard drive, or there is a problem with the hard drive.

If it doesn't boot into the operating system then the rest of the pinball machine will do nothing

Drop @myPinballs a message. He is a great guy to deal with
I've sent a message today and an email yesterday. Gave him my number too. Still waiting on a reply..

Ah - fair enough all plugged in.
Keyboard and mouse now required - hit OK and It will take you into the BIOS/UEFI and you'll be able to see what disks it can see at the end of the wire.
If the disk appears then there is an issue with the boot order, if the disk doesn't its a bad SSD (or cabling)

This is a pic of what I see at first 20170716_095033.jpg while booting up sometimes

Keyboard and mouse now required - hit OK and It will take you into the BIOS/UEFI and you'll be able to see what disks it can see at the end of the wire.
If the disk appears then there is an issue with the boot order, if the disk doesn't its a bad SSD (or cabling)
Can I screw up anything by doing This? I don't want to void any kind of warranty if he gives one

I am probably talking a load of rubbish, but if the first thing you see is Gigabyte that means the motherboard is booting first. Whereas the original prism card identifies itself as a graphics card in order to boot before the motherboard.

I am probably talking a load of rubbish, but if the first thing you see is Gigabyte that means the motherboard is booting first. Whereas the original prism card identifies itself as a graphics card in order to boot before the motherboard.
Seems like I only see that after I unplug something and plug it back in. Then when it powers up again I'll see this

Back
Top Bottom