What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinshed Build

I’m pretty sure I have a spare folding wheelchair ramp (like the one in the photo above but longer) in my shed if anyone wants to come and collect it, in return for a small donation to charity...
I could do with one. What size is it when folded out? I think I might need a 3m one.

Cheers

I’m pretty sure I have a spare folding wheelchair ramp (like the one in the photo above but longer) in my shed if anyone wants to come and collect it, in return for a small donation to charity...
If still available I would be interested?

The sink and electric water heater are now in. I have a great plumber who I have worked with a number of times before.

IMG_20180213_1625523.jpg

This heater is operated by a flow valve. Neater than the old school wall mounted water boilers, but is the same kind of animal. It feeds a mixer tap .

I saw this sink in the showroom of a builder's merchants and thought it was perfect. Small yet deep enough to actually wash your hands or fill a kettle.

IMG_20180213_1625329.jpg

Had the league over this weekend.

This shed is phenomenally well insulated. I have the whole space heated by that single 3kw storage heater which runs for about 7h at night at about 1/3 of maximum charge.

During league play I had to open doors and the window to let heat out from time to time.

The shed works well. But with the benefit of experience I would add a few points for fellow builders...

1. Don't do a rubber roof, unless it is a near flat roof
  2. This thing feels as warm and as solid as a house BUT noise insulation is not as good as brick and tile
  3. Insulated concrete floors give a really solid feel to what is a wooden structure
  4. Lighting is really tricky to get right. The LED strips behind the back boxes and floor led spotlights are your best bet. If I had my time again, I would have put bigger transformers in and doubled up the led strips

Yeah I agree with lighting being tricky, my brother just had a house built and he had hidden led lighting around the edges into the ceiling that looks really good. Will get a pic.
Nice job on your build.

Had the league over this weekend.

This shed is phenomenally well insulated. I have the whole space heated by that single 3kw storage heater which runs for about 7h at night at about 1/3 of maximum charge.

During league play I had to open doors and the window to let heat out from time to time.

The shed works well. But with the benefit of experience I would add a few points for fellow builders...

1. Don't do a rubber roof, unless it is a near flat roof
  2. This thing feels as warm and as solid as a house BUT noise insulation is not as good as brick and tile
  3. Insulated concrete floors give a really solid feel to what is a wooden structure
  4. Lighting is really tricky to get right. The LED strips behind the back boxes and floor led spotlights are your best bet. If I had my time again, I would have put bigger transformers in and doubled up the led strips

The issue I have in my room is the A/C unit has to be relatively low owing to the vaulted ceiling, it can mean folks playing certain pins get more cooled or heated :D. The new system is better in that it has a mode that points the airflow directly down. In winter you want it to be warm but you don't actually as the place will get over warm; in the summer its not so bad set it cool early and leave it cool. The new system will cope better in the very warm and cold I just need to learn more about how quick it heats and cool. Having it on wifi is a god send as I can turn it on and wait for it to be warm :D

On the floor I'm really happy with the pressure treated strengthened boards over insulation. Its solid without it being over hard on your joints. Noise insulation on the dual skin log is superb and you have be standing within a meter or so of the cabin to hear anything (unless the door is open!).

I agree - lighting is really hard, I personally think get the light as high or low as you can and light the games with ambient light not direct light to avoid glare. The downside of that is if you have to work on the machines its quite hard to see. playing the games though I think the light in my shed works well.

I think I'd also put in more sockets. I put in 20 double sockets at waist level and 6 at above head height for Neon's and TV's I could easily do with another 5 especially where I have my streaming setup and where I have the cocktail tables.

And I wish I'd make it bigger LOL.

Neil.

Ceiling height is 2.28m. Should have been 2.3m - but you lose cm here and there with heights and widths. Best to plan for this.

Screeded floor probably a bit thicker. Tiles on top of floor.

I decided on insulated plasterboard as well as the insulated voids in the walls that will have taken 2.5cm of each wall.

This ceiling height gives me 15cm of clearance above my tallest game - Addams Family. My TAF, FT, WW all have toppers that needed factoring in to my plans

I tend to have all my games set up to max height at the back using the leg levellers

Back
Top Bottom