What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinshack new build.

What I like is the fact its a garage and a pinball room. This means you can sneakingly reverse the car into the garage with another pinball in the back even if the wife is in the house. Then sneak out a couple of hours later, to unload the car in the privacy of the garage..... When wife comes into the pinball room - she will say 'I did not know we have a big bang bar' and you go 'yes you did, it was over in that corner before......'

Last edited:
Update...

The brickies returned Monday and Tuesday last week all walls are now up with the exception of the gable end above the garage door, they want to put this in once the roof trusses are in place.

thumbnail (19).jpg

thumbnail (20).jpg

thumbnail (21).jpg

All windows and door are ordered, apparently going to a bit slower than usual as there some sort of global pandemic going around!

Wall plated to be fitted and then it's going to be job stopped for a little while as the roof delivery is also going slower than normal (again CV19) but it's due on 06th July, so not so bad..... hopefully.

All the best everyone,

Chris.

Update (well not much!)...

Little to report this week unfortunately, the roof trusses and associated timber was supposed to arrive Tuesday, it didn't! Three guys standing around with nothing to do, grrrrr. apparently it WILL arrive Tuesday next week, watch this space...

So in the mean time, the wall plates (the timber on the top of the inner leaf that the roof fastens to) have been fitted, the cavity closer's fitted, the final bit of drainage connected and a scratch coat of render, sadly not that much. I also ran a 16mm SWA cable under the house floor in readiness, not so much fun in about 24" of head room in soft sand dragging what seemed like an angry anaconda!

thumbnail (23).jpgthumbnail (22).jpgthumbnail (24).jpgthumbnail (25).jpg

All the best,

Chris.

A pleasant little update...

The joiner has been fitting the roof structure, this allowed the bricklayer to return to complete the gable end above the front garage door. Now with the roof completed the soffits, fascias and gutters have been fitted. The council building inspector visited yesterday, all was passed off 👍. The scaffolders have set up the scaffolding for the roofers who are due to start next Tuesday.

Rear of cave from garden side
thumbnail (27).jpg

Front of cave from garden side
thumbnail (28).jpg

Inside of cave from rear left
thumbnail (29).jpg

Inside of cave from front right
thumbnail (30).jpg

Front of cave (secret pinball admission door 😂)
thumbnail (31).jpg

Inside of cave from rear right
thumbnail (32).jpg

All the best everyone,

Chris.

My word, that is a cavern.
When that is full will there be any left for us?

There’ll be plenty left, I’ll be skint by the time it’s finished 😢. Still, 10 pins to go in there once it’s complete, also a few other arcade machines. So looking forward to it being finished.

Chris.

Some progress...

Roofers were here Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for 1/2 a day on each day, all the roof is now felted with it's membrane and battens started to be fitted.

thumbnail (33).jpg

thumbnail (34).jpg

The roofers will return Wednesday next week, then should be on it full time until the roof is complete. So now with the roof watertight the first fix has been started, dragged tax turbo Jnr. on to this one, so lights in the loft fitted and working, two of the four ring mains and both lighting circuits cables all fitted, will try and get some more of this fitted before the end of next week, work is thankfully very busy at the moment, so will be some juggling required.

thumbnail (35).jpg

thumbnail (36).jpg

thumbnail (37).jpg

Two more ring mains to fit and supply for A/C, then onto the hot/cold water and heating pipework, then onto some stud work and plaster boarding the ceilings and walls... plenty to go at!

Garage door is here, waiting to be fitted, the doors and windows are due to arrive next week, it's starting to turn from a building site to a building.

Take care everybody,

All the best,

Chris.

🤤 That structure is leaving me breathless. I couldn't find the proper emoticon so I used the drool one.

Work has been continuing at a slow(ish) pace, but some progress pictures....

Stud wall is up and with doorway between garage (this side and into games room)
thumbnail (39).jpg

Games room, picture from doorway into garage.
thumbnail (40).jpg

Stud work and pipework fitted for toilet. Pipework for sink is shadowed by door aperture, pipework for towel rail to go in soon.
thumbnail (41).jpg

Picture from roadway into neighbours front garden, roof on this side need about back 10M to complete.
thumbnail (42).jpg

Roof completed above games room on garden side.
thumbnail (43).jpg

Roof completed at front half of games room and garage from garden side.
thumbnail (44).jpg

View from rear of games room, aperture into garage and toilet.
thumbnail (46).jpg

View from toilet door into games room.
thumbnail (45).jpg

So progress continues, the roofers have indicated they will be finished mid next week and the builder has about three weeks work after that, the doors and windows are all here, however we need the scaffold removed before the doors can be fitted, then the render on the external, and 'just' the inside to finish.... The dehumidifier is currently at my rented garage/workshop and a new ducted heat pump AC/heating system arrives next week. All lighting bar the bar lighting has arrived, the wiring continues and there's lots of it!

It's a lovely size (obviously bigger would be nice), 10M x 6M pincave and 10M x 4.5M garage for two cars, tandem style. sooo looking forward to its completion. Plan to be using the pin's and cars a lot more in the future, used one of the cars for the first time this year yesterday which was nice.

All the best pinfriends,

Chris.

More progress...

The roofers have finished and the scaffold has now gone, this let the builders get the doors and windows fitted and the rendering has been completed on all but one 5M panel.

thumbnail (54).jpg

thumbnail (55).jpg

thumbnail (57).jpg

thumbnail (56).jpg

I have fitted the A/C system, I went for a ducted system, where the system picks air out of the room, heats it or cools it in the unit in the roof space and then blows the air back into the room. 6Kw cooling, 7.1Kw heating, should more than nail it, obviously will need more machines to heat the place to test the cooling ability! 😂

thumbnail (52).jpg

thumbnail (53).jpg

The loft access ladders fitted.

thumbnail (48).jpg

The toilet walls have been skimmed and is ready to fit out, subject to building mess!! Already have the toilet and sink etc, Mrs taz turbo seems to think it strange, 6 hours research into choosing the toilet, less toilet space = more pin space, simples!

So progress continues, next in line is the plaster boarding of the walls and ceilings, then on to the plastering. Is that a chink of light I see ahead down this long tunnel 😎

All the best.

Chris.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic Chris !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It looks way frickin way more than fantastic, i cant even pick a word out.
I'm soooooooooooooooooo envious its going to be a awesome games room.
So looking forward to the finished result.

It looks way frickin way more than fantastic, i cant even pick a word out.
I'm soooooooooooooooooo envious its going to be a awesome games room.
So looking forward to the finished result.

Thank you for your kind words :) it's been a bit of a long slog this project, first starting about 7 years ago, then a divorce emptied a bad chunk of my bank account into my ex wifes and the solicitors bank accounts :mad: but we're past that now, life is good and time to treat oneself again.

I'm also looking forward the the end result.

I'll keep the post updated every couple of weeks or so....

Once complete I'll hopefully be looking for my next purchase or two....

Thanks again,

All the best,

Chris.

I would like to rent a room in your new space please. Where do I send first and last month's rent?

I'll send you some bank details, once payments received I won't tell you where I live, that's okay isn't it? 😂

All the best,

Chris.

I'll send you some bank details, once payments received I won't tell you where I live, that's okay isn't it? 😂

All the best,

Chris.
I'll have to swim across the pond to get to your place. Put me within 100 meters and we have a deal. 😊

To long without an update, life is very busy work wise, one elderly parent needing some help the other elderly parent in hospital in a poor way, old age is no fun, so on that, grab life with both hands and live it to the maximum is my advice to anyone! Back to the build...

The builders have completed all their work and left site, the bit that was probably the most surprising is although they (builders) won’t do a quotation, estimates only and that was very back of fag packet style, they came in finished at £13K BELOW estimate! The roofers that tiled it similarly estimate only came in just under £1K BELOW estimate! Happy with all that. I’ve been concentrating on the decorating and finishing of the pin shack, still need to fit the ceiling ducts for the A/C, fit the bar top, lights above the bar, fit the socket plates and gloss the skirtings and door frames. So not so much in the grand scheme.

Then... toilet to be finished/fitted, decorate and fit out the garage, paint the exterior and make the block paving back to good.

But as the mess has finished, I had a visit from Martin with a little delivery, so we (royal we, Martin really) tried out the door from the garage to the games room, I think it’s fine but it definitely needs more use 😂

E30CA9D2-E86F-45EA-B08B-9397354BE970.jpegD7C15E03-7355-4F17-8265-57094780C48F.jpeg711AAAC4-6C99-4603-9C5F-71D97DAAE5D8.jpegAAD9FC1F-B8F8-41A5-B533-0B47C83F5E38.jpeg

The down lighters are a WiFi LED GU10s that you can alter the hue from very warm to very white and anything in between, the fitting has a blue LED making the pictures look very purple/lilac, not really like that in the flesh, but does mean I can crank them up if I’m working on a machine or dim them down if I’m playing, I think their great.

All the best,

Chris.

Simply out of this world that mate. Well done and you see right to treat yourself. Dialled in does look a tad lonely there 😉

The toilet is a genius idea too. 👍

Very nice space that👍 Toilet is a must if you can, having to go into the house for a pee is annoying. Worth losing space for💦

Back
Top Bottom