What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Pinshack and workshop build

i'm looking like I need to go the planning route, but trying to find ways of avoiding that as one of my neighbours I know will complain like an essex boy in the back of a cop van.
Yeah that's a pain man but if you keep it within the regs he can complain as much as he wants!!!

More progress - walls all painted now looking nice and relaxed in there and shouldn't detract too much from the pins. Next job floor will go down at the weekend, then skirting and back mouldings etc wired up downlighters to test them as well oh and so I can see !!! getting there!!!!

Cheers

kev

IMG_2320.JPG IMG_2321.JPG

So this weekend the priority was getting the floor down and hey ho its done and it only took me 3 hours!!!

IMG_2330.JPG

Also got the oil filled rad mounted(cable too short!!) and the speakers up on the wall
IMG_2331.JPG

Alam dualtech PIR fitted and also the occupancy PIR(above the door) that controls the heating.

IMG_2333.JPG

And finally fitted the outsite soffit lights and speakers

IMG_2326.JPG IMG_2327.JPG

And it sure looks pretty in the dark!!!

IMG_2329.JPG

That's it for now guys

Cheers

Kev

Getting there!!!! all the skirting and back moulding on the doors and the pins have moved in!!!

not the best pics as the lights were off but you get the idea!!!#

IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2358.JPG

Next job is to set the pins up and then I suppose I will have to run the armoured cable back to the house and get the power on. Then the box of electronic tricks is to be built that controls it all.

Cheers

Kev

!st pin is in and setup is my beautifully fully shopped and decaled STTNG !! - no power yet though as still to hook up at house end - but sure there will be some temp power in there by 5pm tonight!!!

Machine fits lovely under speakers - which is why I put them on sideways ;-)

Bloody heavy one to lift on my own onto the leg prop though!!!

IMG_2360.JPG

And I am pleased to see the workshop door, if opened too far, only hits the foot of the machine - jackpot!!!

IMG_2361.JPG

Might get the rest of them setup tonight :clap:

Cheers

kev

The finishing line is there Kev!! You're gonna be up and running before winter sets in.

Winter's coming... :p

Looks great mate, are you a builder by trade or just a talented DIY expert?
Really does look great, wish I was local so I could really appreciate it in the flesh.. :thumbs:

Manny makes felt foot holders for use on wooden floors that are quite useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great mate, are you a builder by trade or just a talented DIY expert?
Really does look great, wish I was local so I could really appreciate it in the flesh.. :thumbs:
I'm a biochemist and IT manager by trade !!! I'm just pretty handy at DIY I guess, and I'm right into electrics and electronics so that bit is easy!!!

Cheers

kev

yeah seen them but they dont come cheap - may have to make some I guess

Cheers

kev

I hear you but if you take in to consideration the amount of work that goes into them they are fairly cheap. The wood then cutting them out, drilling the top then felting the bottom, all adds up

Still they seem dear at first glance for four wee bits of wood

Dualtec sensors are the way to go. I was amazed at how cheap burglar alarm components are. Even the pet friendly ones come in belw £20

The companies that fit them for a living charge absolutely enormous prices for what they do.

Dualtec sensors are the way to go. I was amazed at how cheap burglar alarm components are. Even the pet friendly ones come in belw £20

The companies that fit them for a living charge absolutely enormous prices for what they do.

Depends on the company, the firm I use have a reasonable hourly rate and itemise pretty much everything, my alarm is more for the wife than anything else - when I'm away she wants to feel secure and activates the alarm when I'm away in nighttime mode.

The ones to watch for are the "package" ones where there is no breakdown of the costs of the components or installation and also if they offer direct monitoring and police alerting and have their own clearance. if they don't avoid.

They are less of a deterrent though unfortunately. I was broken into a few years ago in my previous house and the alarm went off and cops called, didn't stop the ****wits rummaging through nearly every drawer in the house, stealing a couple of items of the wife's jewellery and ****ing off. Cops aren't interested and by the time they arrived they could have made a steak dinner! Apparently jonny criminal carry cash for gold free post pouches and all they are interested in is gold to post off to the legal gold handlers! Cops never catch them with any of the stolen stuff on them.

Errrr, that's an odd combination. :)

Fab work on the building though; looks the business.
yeah @Wiredworm started in Pathology and trained and qualified as a biochemist but IT was in its infancy then and I was very interested so just moved into it and managed Pathology IT systems for 20 odd years of the 34 I was in the NHS !!!

Cheers

kev

Depends on the company, the firm I use have a reasonable hourly rate and itemise pretty much everything, my alarm is more for the wife than anything else - when I'm away she wants to feel secure and activates the alarm when I'm away in nighttime mode.

The ones to watch for are the "package" ones where there is no breakdown of the costs of the components or installation and also if they offer direct monitoring and police alerting and have their own clearance. if they don't avoid.

They are less of a deterrent though unfortunately. I was broken into a few years ago in my previous house and the alarm went off and cops called, didn't stop the ****wits rummaging through nearly every drawer in the house, stealing a couple of items of the wife's jewellery and ****ing off. Cops aren't interested and by the time they arrived they could have made a steak dinner! Apparently jonny criminal carry cash for gold free post pouches and all they are interested in is gold to post off to the legal gold handlers! Cops never catch them with any of the stolen stuff on them.
I put a pair of dualtec sensors in the pinshack cost me £20 for a pair off ebay!!

I'm a biochemist and IT manager by trade !!! I'm just pretty handy at DIY I guess, and I'm right into electrics and electronics so that bit is easy!!!

Cheers

kev
I'd always assumed you must be an experienced professional builder from the way you tackled this. Very envious of your skills. Thanks again for sharing as you go along.

I'd always assumed you must be an experienced professional builder from the way you tackled this. Very envious of your skills. Thanks again for sharing as you go along.
He does look more like a builder than a biochemist! :)

yeah @Wiredworm started in Pathology and trained and qualified as a biochemist but IT was in its infancy then and I was very interested so just moved into it and managed Pathology IT systems for 20 odd years of the 34 I was in the NHS !!!
Aaah right. Funnily enough I worked for the NHS about 25-ish years ago and the guy I dealt with in the Path Lab there was in the very same situation; he found IT much more interesting so was slowly heading more and more in that direction in terms of his work.

Couple more machines in this weekend and please to see that the toppers fit fine!!! Also dug a 30m trench back to the house to put the armoured cable, data and alarm into. What a ball ache that was!!! Still its now ready to terminate so hoping I will get that done before I go on hol on friday for a couple of weeks!

Cheers

kev

IMG_2369.JPG IMG_2367.JPG

Back
Top Bottom