What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Pinshack and workshop build

Not totally pin related but as the Sauna is in the pinshack thought I would put a few pics of progress up on here as it is all part of the build

Ceiling now got is foil membrane and alder cladding on and started on the side walls as well. Lots of wiring is this mother as well!!!

Great way to get rid of your scrap off cuts of plasterboard!!!!
IMG_2639.JPG

ceiling clad
IMG_2645.JPG

and side wall started - you can see the exit air vent here
IMG_2644.JPG
wiring ready for control panel to be mounted
IMG_2643.JPG

Cheers

kev

Bit more progress just to show I havent give up yet!!!!

Sauna getting wired for sound!!!

IMG_2661.JPG

IMG_2659.JPG

last wall to clad and then ready for flooring and bench making!! final job on this is to put the glass door on so it dont get smashed in process!!!!

IMG_2660.JPG

Sauna cladding finished, floor down and Tinted glass door in. That only leaves all the 2nd fix wiring, sauna heater to install, benches to make, LED lighting to install, and back moulding and skirting around door.

So not much then lol !!!!

IMG_2667.JPG IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2668.JPG

And finally before xmas - -It's starting to look a lot like a sauna!!!! few bits and pieces do now to finish this off and then on to pin workshop!!

Now you can see why I run a 10mm cable down to the shack - pulls a bit of juice does this sauna!!!

IMG_2680.JPG

Bits left to do to finsh job :-

trims around door inside and out
back rest with concelaed LED lighting(arduino controlled)
valnce around front of benches to do
low level bench to build
Fit external fan cover after stitching hole through hardieplank on the outside of shed
threshold bar between sauna and pinshack

IMG_2682.JPG IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2684.JPG

Cheers

kev

Kev you should feel super proud of that you’ve don’t an epic job. Envy!!!

But just one more question When is the spray tan booth going in Kev? :) LOL

Neil

Kev you should feel super proud of that you’ve don’t an epic job. Envy!!!

But just one more question When is the spray tan booth going in Kev? :) LOL

Neil
Hahah!!!! cheers Neil - suppose if I moved the addams out of the corner..........!!

cheers

kev

Sauna is officially finished as of last night - got the lower bench in and the backrests and installed some nice arduino controlled funky LED strips which just gently colour morph nice and slowly - very relaxing!!!

so that is one side of the shack complete - onto the workshop next!!

few pics of some random colour morphs in it

IMG_2700.JPG IMG_2713.JPG IMG_2731.JPG IMG_2732.JPG IMG_2736.JPG IMG_2738.JPG

Without the led lights on it looks very smart. Once them led are on it takes it to a completely different level.
Very 80s with the lights.It's missing a pole in the middle mind to practice your flexibility whilst your in there. :D
If you want to dress it up that it's relaxing that's fine but I'll be over when the dancer comes on. :cool::thumbs:

Cracking job. Working with wood like that is unforgiving; you can’t just put some filler in it and paint over - has to be millimetre prefect. I almost built a sauna in my shed but it ended up being a changing room for the hot tub - still a PITA to clad it all and make benches etc. Respect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracking job. Working with wood like that is unforgiving; you can’t just put some filler in it and paint over - has to be millimetre prefect. I almost built a sauna in my shed but it ended up being a changing room for the hot tub - still a PITA to clad it all and make benches etc. Respect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheers man - I'm now reaping the benefits!!!

Cheers

Kev

Just spotted this, great log by the way, Ive been looking to do something similar ,3 questions if i may.
1-Did you need planning consent.
2- when i looked into it i thought the closeest you could build to a adjoining fence was 1 meter ? Maybee i got it wrong.
3- what is the max overall height please.
Many thanks in advance.

Just spotted this, great log by the way, Ive been looking to do something similar ,3 questions if i may.
1-Did you need planning consent.
2- when i looked into it i thought the closeest you could build to a adjoining fence was 1 meter ? Maybee i got it wrong.
3- what is the max overall height please.
Many thanks in advance.
HI,

Strictly speaking I should have had planning permission but only because I am over an old landfill site and gassing rules apply. I built the base with a gas membrane in anyway and one day I will apply for retrospective planning permission.

you can build up to boundaries as long as it has some sort of fire proofing(believe this varies from council to council thpugh). That's the reason I used hardiplank on the outside and rockwool batts for insulation, both of which are fireproof.
overall height is 50mm over 2.4m which is the maximum height allowed for a pent roof shed within 2 metres of a boundary(which it is of course). They would not be worried about a 50mm over the limit. This only happened as I decided at the last minute to put a 50mm slope off to the back of the shed.

hope that helps

Cheers

kev

What you've built there mate is incredible, from watching this thread from the first post and seeing what you've achieved I can honestly say it really is out of this world. I class myself as a competent diy guy but you've raised the bar on home diy'ing.
And the led's really finish it off ... :thumbs:

Wish I lived closer to u and you were my best buddy.. :clap::clap:

[QUOTE="Bandit Boy, post:

Wish I lived closer to u and you were my best buddy.. :clap::clap:[/QUOTE]

Kev is only 15-20 mins up the road so when it's fully completed I'll be sure to drop by when the invite lands :thumbs:

I'll fetch me sauna trunks n towel n all, lol

What you've built there mate is incredible, from watching this thread from the first post and seeing what you've achieved I can honestly say it really is out of this world. I class myself as a competent diy guy but you've raised the bar on home diy'ing.
And the led's really finish it off ... :thumbs:

Wish I lived closer to u and you were my best buddy.. :clap::clap:
cheers man thanks for that!!!

Kev

Back
Top Bottom