What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Pinshack and workshop build

I have been making slow progress on my pinball domain. Been fitting the ceiling and doing a test fit of the lights. Walls next then filling sanding and painting.

Before.

IMG_1446.JPG

Now.

IMG_8145.JPG

kev,
what goes on top of that grid? was looking at the website, very interesting stuff.

Neil.

kev,
what goes on top of that grid? was looking at the website, very interesting stuff.

Neil.
nothing bud that's it!!! that's the whole point of them no concrete at all

next thing on there is some 4x2 bearers on their side ie 2 inches high - they give the air gap then the frames get built on top of the 4x2 bearers. once finished the 6 inch overlap of the grids get filled with gravel to act as a soak away and prevent splashing up onto the faces of the shed. Genius stuff really and its solid as on its own before the timbers are even on it.

They cost me £280 for the grids £70 for 3 tonne of dolly and £35 for timber ring beam, so that's £385 quid for 30 sq metres. Concrete alone was going to cost me £600

All will be revealed in pics as I build it, as I am detailing every single stage, so I can remember what I have done in the future as well!!

Cheers

Kev

Last edited:
so timber for framing arrived today 47 4.8m lengths of 4x2 tanalised - looks a lot!!!!

So cracked on straight after work tonight and built 1 1/2 side frames. They are top of each other so I could compare them, if the pics look a little odd. I have also decided to buils them with a 45mm fall from front to back to aid rainwater run off as well.

shed sides 2.jpg shed sides 3.jpg shed sides 1.jpg

If anyone is wondering why the noggins are so staggered, it's for 2 reasons one its easier to do and 2 so of those space are exactly 1200 by 600 for my insulation batts, so it save a lot of cutting down

Cheers Kev

If anyone is wondering why the noggins are so staggered, it's for 2 reasons one its easier to do and 2 so of those space are exactly 1200 by 600 for my insulation batts, so it save a lot of cutting down

Smart, defnitely used your noggin there. :rofl:

Watching this with great interest. Keep up the good work mate. :thumbs:

Gas membrane down and half of the load bearers cut to size. 4 of the 6 panels built just 2 to go!!! Erecting 3 panels tomoz should be interesting to see what it looks like and get a feel for the size of it.

shed 5.jpg shed 4.jpg

nice one Kev, top work. don't think i've had 320 screws in one session since i was at university in the late 80s

Hmm, isn't that like over 27sqm? How did you get around the rules?
Hi Pete as long as less than 30sqm and under 2.5m high it is fine and it complies with both of those - however it has to be clad with fire proof material as less than 2m from a boundary, hence I am using hardiplank to clad it

Cheers

kev

Hi Pete as long as less than 30sqm and under 2.5m high it is fine and it complies with both of those - however it has to be clad with fire proof material as less than 2m from a boundary, hence I am using hardiplank to clad it

Cheers

kev

Fantastic. This is more a long the lines of what I want to do with my own so definitely going to be picking bits from your build haha.

Really like that hardiplank stuff too, looks smart on some of the other pin shacks.

Fantastic. This is more a long the lines of what I want to do with my own so definitely going to be picking bits from your build haha.

Really like that hardiplank stuff too, looks smart on some of the other pin shacks.
yeah pete the hardi plank is the dogs bollox but expensive, but also more importantly totally fireproof to keep the planners happy, and safeguard the pins.

Cheers

kev

yeah pete the hardi plank is the dogs bollox but expensive, but also more importantly totally fireproof to keep the planners happy, and safeguard the pins.

Cheers

kev

So did you go through planning for this?

So did you go through planning for this?
In our council we have a pre planning service that gives advice on projects etc and outlines if what you are doing will be ok etc and one of the issues they advised to me was it must be fireproof as within 2m of boundary(yet they have just given someone further along the street retrospective permission after they built one a similar size totally out of wood within 2m of boundary!!!) and it must have a gas membrane.

Cheers

kev

Next drop of timber arrived - This is the osb boards fro sides of shed and laths and 6x2 roof joists. Gonna be a busy boy this weekend!

Sure doesn't look like 450 quids worth does it!!!!

Cheers

Kev

IMG_2129[1].JPG

Your right it's not a lot of wood for the money.

Hope the weathers good to you this weekend, it's not very promising up here!

Back
Top Bottom