What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pins near Dorset/Somerset - Holiday upcoming

unity_neil

Registered
Apologies if this is a dumb post, I intend to check out any arcades we see on our travels.
Does anyone know of any pin havens that would be worth visiting when I'm on holiday in the Dorset/Somerset area (we'll be staying near Chard)?

It would be great to be able to play a pin or tw(o/enty) in between crabbing, huddling on the beach and paying for ice cream....

TIA

I'm about half hour from Dorchester which looks like its around the same from Chard.
Welcome to visit here next week, send me a pm cheers Greg

The Arkade in Minehead gets good press and run by a member on here;
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pinball-in-minehead.32099/#post-145678

Went there at the weekend and it was quite a disappointment. While it has the potential to be a great venue and has some nice machines there is issues with maintenance. I would say around 1/3rd of the machines were turned off when we got there. Played EATPM which was fine, then Appolo13 and Jokerez both packed up and we got refunds. IJ played but had issues. We then lost interest, had some food and drink and left.
Minehead is also a right PITA to get to.
Just be wary if making a specific trip. One of the group phoned on the Thursday to check what was up and running and so called only 2 machines were out of action. They maybe better off with a line up of fewer or machines. Also what was interesting was we visited on a Saturday in the school holidays, and other than the 3 of us no one else was playing the machines.

Cheers Tony

oh no! we're intending on perhaps visiting Lynton and Lynmouth one day so would do Minehead on the same day. but that does sound disappointing.

There's a hook ( and a dead star wars) on the sea front in Weymouth, can't remember the arcade name but it's on pinformer.

Back
Top Bottom