What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball in Minehead!

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
Martin the delivery man has just left my place. He was telling me that he has been delivering machines to a seafront arcade in Minehead called The Arkade ( name may change apparently ) . So far he has 15 machines setup!

They have a Facebook page which shows 12 machines. Great news, definetly have to sort out a weekend there now :).

Also I believe whoever runs it has shown interest in hosting, at least that what Martin was saying.

https://www.facebook.com/TheArkade/

looks like they will soon overtake arcade club for the longest public line in the UK. Pinball back in prominence at the seaside can only be good news. nice mixe of new and retro (pinball is never old only retro!)

Good to hear of more pins down this way!!:thumbs: Only 45 mikes from me (but roads are a 'bit of an a**se' so a 75 minute drive).

Looking forward to making the trip up in the not too distant future

Hi, we probably have room for about 20 pins at The Arkade, we are trying not to let our hearts rule our heads on purchases. It started with me just wanting a TAF and BOP for me to have an occasional game on. Maybe I have got a little carried away. Most of the Pins are 1990s, and most are ones I have had sold in the past. We are now at 15 but the space shuttle is a project, so 14 are playable. There are a couple more on my wanted list, but I am afraid the budget (not that I really had one) is gone until next season. The list is in Valiant, Flash Gordon, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, Bride of pinbot, Jackbot, Indiana Jones, Addams Family, Dr.Who, Party Zone, MAry Shellys Frankenstien, Apollo 13, Terminator 2, Jokersz, Twilight Zone. If you do some and see us, make yourself known to Ben, Pete or myself.

Arcade Club has 20 in a row now.
Are all of them setup now (STTNG, Centaur, WW, Time Fantasy) to add to:

Jungle Lord
Blackout
Xmen
Twilight Zone
Scared Stiff
Addams
Revenge From Mars
Party Monsters
Wh20
Judge Dredd
CV
Rollergames

Hi, we probably have room for about 20 pins at The Arkade, we are trying not to let our hearts rule our heads on purchases. It started with me just wanting a TAF and BOP for me to have an occasional game on. Maybe I have got a little carried away. Most of the Pins are 1990s, and most are ones I have had sold in the past. We are now at 15 but the space shuttle is a project, so 14 are playable. There are a couple more on my wanted list, but I am afraid the budget (not that I really had one) is gone until next season. The list is in Valiant, Flash Gordon, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, Bride of pinbot, Jackbot, Indiana Jones, Addams Family, Dr.Who, Party Zone, MAry Shellys Frankenstien, Apollo 13, Terminator 2, Jokersz, Twilight Zone. If you do some and see us, make yourself known to Ben, Pete or myself.

Hi Marcus

Thanks for joining and posting - great news. Look forward to making the trip up in to not too distant future (although it will probably be in the New Year now). What are your opening hours?

Hopefully can get some sort of forum meet/visit scheduled too!

P.S. You'll obviously have to get to the 20+ mark to keep ahead of them thar northerners :);):D:thumbs:!!

Are all of them setup now (STTNG, Centaur, WW, Time Fantasy) to add to:

Jungle Lord
Blackout
Xmen
Twilight Zone
Scared Stiff
Addams
Revenge From Mars
Party Monsters
Wh20
Judge Dredd
CV
Rollergames

It's probably just my 'softie southern' mathematics brain, but that seems to make a total of 16? :p

Pressure off for Minehead???

:popcorn:

P.S. Really enjoyed my visit up to Arcade Club in Bury a few weeks back, but from a personal perspective Minehead does offer some geographical benefits!

Gian
29th jan to the 1st of Feb some of the lads from oop north are heading for Butlins Minehead for the weekend. Maybe we can meet up at the arcade Saturday or Sunday noon?
@replicas
@JMP
@TYHO
@RudeDogg1
@Fintan Stack
David Dutton
Mark Robinson
and anyone else in the vicinity.

@Marcus Kravis
Giants of Rock?! Me and the Mrs will be there - we're heading straight there from Heathrow after flying back from a two week once in a lifetime fishing holiday in Thailand. so I'll be the one with jetlag shivering in the corner struggling with the shift back to British winter! Go Schenker - saw him last year at Rockstock and he was awesome.

Ever go to Rockstock? That was great again this year. The Darkness were fantastic - really sorted their act out and Justin is a proper showman - definitely worth going if you can get to their new tour. £28 for a ticket inc fees - worth every penny....Off to Def Leppard and Whitesnake tomorrow, and then for a total change - Bad Manners on Monday!! Brilliant christmas do every year

Back
Top Bottom