What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PinballSP HolomodSP for CFTBL (preorder)

Which is the best hologram replacement?

• HologramSP LCD Mod

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • MikeD’s LCD Mod

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Pinball Dreams (Henrik’s) Repro Hologram

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Pinball Center Repro Hologram

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
You know what videos would be cool to have as an LCD mod. You guys ever played the Pinball FX version?

If not check it out:
Click Me

Obviously the bits where creech comes out of the screen couldn’t be done but I love the simplicity of the videos. Just having the one colour of the original hologram and having the bubbles and spotting the creature swimming every now and then really brings the lagoon to life.

If someone did something similar to this, then I’d be very interested.
I like that it is done in hologram green, but I'm not really keen on how he swims in and swims out.

Last edited:
I think it's mainly due to all the places that used to produce them now closing down. Because we're uber nerds we (briefly) looked into how it was done, and given enough effort you can make them yourself, but need a proper mirror rig and special lazer and the right developing room etc not to mention an accurate model. It's all pretty fafftastic.

What light are you using @Fifty the original globe? Changing this out for a bright led helps massively. Ie a green 89 LED flasher

If using the halogen mod (which is about a tenner so well worth it) swap out the halogen for a 50w Philips gu5.3 as the halogen uses so much power it can cause resets
[/URL][/URL]

Do you think a green 89 LED will help out a yellow/orange hologram that much? I think my Creech is using the original lighting but I honestly have not checked. I'll take a look tonight. In the meantime I'll check for the 50W Philips.

Is this an equivalent? https://www.homedepot.ca/product/philips-led-50w-mr16-soft-white-glass-2700k-/1001133776

Amazon.ca is limited, so I have to find an alternate vendor.

Or there will be Release1, followed by release two, 2 days later... and then Release three a week on...

People are still waiting for there DMD's to show coloured roms like 2 years later...

I think it's mainly due to all the places that used to produce them now closing down. Because we're uber nerds we (briefly) looked into how it was done, and given enough effort you can make them yourself, but need a proper mirror rig and special lazer and the right developing room etc not to mention an accurate model. It's all pretty fafftastic.

What light are you using @Fifty the original globe? Changing this out for a bright led helps massively. Ie a green 89 LED flasher

If using the halogen mod (which is about a tenner so well worth it) swap out the halogen for a 50w Philips gu5.3 as the halogen uses so much power it can cause resets
[/URL]
I took a look inside the belly of the cabinet tonight. It's just the original setup but instead of the 1156 automotive bulb it has a #89 8-SMD white LED. I would have to upgrade to the halogen mod and then swap out the bulbs.

I took a look inside the belly of the cabinet tonight. It's just the original setup but instead of the 1156 automotive bulb it has a #89 8-SMD white LED. I would have to upgrade to the halogen mod and then swap out the bulbs.

Worth trying a green 89 flasher first i think, see if that solves your problem.

This. Don’t go halogen those bulbs suck. I find the #89 green flasher LED works best.

These ones work really well sold by One Stop Pinball:

Click Me

Worth trying a green 89 flasher first i think, see if that solves your problem.

Thanks guys. I am hopefully going to place an order with Comet this week. I'll add a #89 8-SMD Flasher into my order.

Back
Top Bottom