What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Republic - Thursday Competitions!

Congratulations to Brad Attwood, the winner of tonight's Flip Frenzy competition!!

Sorry for the false start, hopefully next time the results can be done via your phones rather than me sitting out.

Let me know if you enjoyed the format? next week is best game (like the old league format)

1,Brad Attwood
2,Lucy Vince
3,Anton Stewart
4,David Tucker
4,James Fowler
6,Ben Pike
7,Graham Swaffield
8,Helen Swaffield
9,Diane Bush
10,Sarah Vince
11,Yuen Aw
12,Neil McRae
13,James McElhatton
14,Mark Johnson
14,David Fowler
16,Joe Burke
17,Joe Hawthorne
18,Jason Miller
19,Mark Hawthorne
20,Tony Greenwood
21,Pete Bennett
22,Andy Campbell
23,Daniel Vince
24,John Boffin
25,Jaroslaw Pawelski
26,Katie Vince

I saw the Matchplay and was shocked at your queue of 1 person. Any reason?
🥵
Sounds like a real frenzy.

At pbr I'd have the Matchplay screen accessible with a mouse, a queue of at least four people so there's always enough time to sit down and make sure the scores go in correctly. Once people understand the format and how to put in their result it'll run smoothly.

Our first one Claire manned the PC because of the limitations of Matchplay (I did multiple tests to figure out how we could do it). Second time we had enough previous people that we felt confident to rely on others to input scores so Claire could play. Although was only decided on the day 🤣

Why the insistence of using Matchplay?

It is FAR easier to give each player their own score sheet and to record their own scores.
Use the score sheet as a physical placeholder in the queue.
It means nobody needs to take time out to input every score in to a computer.
I have used this system in every FF I've ran without a single issue.

This may all be irrelevant next year with the new rules, as FF gets nerfed by 50% if you continue to do it this way (although I do have a get around so it will still score maximum TGP 😁)

Why the insistence of using Matchplay?
I would imagine because PBR has a lot of games and using the paper method you'd only select half of the player base minus the queue length. So probably using only 10-15 games and play each game twice. When you have 40ish games it seems limiting to only use less than half.

Plus I believe at pbr there was a queue of only 1 player, so it would be chaotic with paper wouldn't it?

Just my guess!

This may all be irrelevant next year with the new rules, as FF gets nerfed by 50% if you continue to do it this way (although I do have a get around so it will still score maximum TGP 😁

I'd be curious about your get around. Although it being nerfed means nothing to me as I enjoy the format and so do others 😁 points are a bonus.

I would imagine because PBR has a lot of games and using the paper method you'd only select half of the player base minus the queue length. So probably using only 10-15 games and play each game twice. When you have 40ish games it seems limiting to only use less than half.

Plus I believe at pbr there was a queue of only 1 player, so it would be chaotic with paper wouldn't it?

I'd imagine only having only 1 in the queue would be chaotic, for any number of reasons. I've found that a queue of 5-6 is almost perfect.

The number of machines I'd use would be (n-5)/2 where n is the number of players.

Unless BOTH players are changing machines at the end of their game (which isn't FF), there will only ever be a maximum of n/2 machines used with this format, regardless of system used. Unless you include a break (which is what I do) where you can then reorder players based on games played, and add or drop machines as you see fit.

I'd be curious about your get around.
Can't give the game away too early, or it'll no doubt have another clause added to the rules.

What are the formats for the next two Thursdays? I'm bringing a first timer one week😁

Here are the results of last night's Best Game competition
1662718358689.png
1662718675730.png

Next week is PinGolf!

Attachments

• 1662717669591.png
    1662717669591.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 1662717905535.png
    1662717905535.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 1662718323067.png
    1662718323067.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
And the winner is...... @BIGMAN with a masterclass in the final on that game about James Bond - Ahead of visitor Sidney Thomas (2nd) showing hes's someome to worry about for the UK Open, Ed Rojas and @Jackpot.
Well done everyone - lets take that form into next week.

Sepw3.JPG
Sep3(2).JPG

Weird question, but is there an AFM in not-amazing condition in the club at the moment?

I haven't been down there for a while.

Back
Top Bottom