What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Machines in Movies and on the TV ...

That's not as old a picture as you'd think, is it? . Apart from the Gottlieb wedge-head (Pro Football) 4th in line having 'half rib' legs, that feller's wearing a mask.

Last edited:
I know there isn't a pin in this pic from MJs Beat it video, but what else is missing?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1679819614886.jpg
    FB_IMG_1679819614886.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 32
Spotted in Richard Hammond's House (go to 10:22):

Can't quite identify the game myself, any ideas anyone?

Screenshot 2023-04-01 010810.png

Not exactly a movie or tv show but seen this on CBS news.

Looks an awesome place if you ever end up in Long Island in the US.

Think that's the same fake pin used in "Nobody" movie, revenge of the wolf.

Season 3, Episode 11: ‘Mom City’​

Just as last season’s eighth episode, “Man City,” was an exploration of the wounds inflicted by poor fathering, this week’s focuses on the healing power of maternal love. It was in that earlier episode that we first learned that Ted’s dad had killed himself; this time, he and his mom find at least a modicum of long-belated closure. And Ted has what appears to be the long-simmering revelation that … But I get ahead of myself.
I noted last week that with so many story lines and just a couple of episodes to go, “Ted Lasso” would need — in a strategy adopted by fourth graders since time immemorial — to write the remaining words smaller and smaller to get them all to fit on the page. What I overlooked, of course, is that streaming television now offers the alternative of simply making the pages bigger.
When “Man City” came out last season, it was the longest “Lasso” episode to date, at 45 minutes. “Mom City” puts that number to shame, clocking in at one hour and nine minutes (the show’s latest longest run time). Yet in contrast to several episodes this season, the extended length is spent not hopping among unrelated subplots but developing a relatively uniform theme. In keeping with that mood, this week I will abandon my own typical subplot-by-subplot format as well.
We open with a typical Ted morning, in which he ambles down his street exchanging pleasantries with everyone he passes, even the longstanding semi-antagonist who insists on referring to him as “******.” And then the morning suddenly turns atypical: On a bench at the end of the street is none other than his mom, Dottie Lasso (Becky Ann Baker).

When we return to the two of them after the title sequence, Dottie explains that she’d decided on a trip to England as a “Mother’s Day gift to myself.” She is staying in a hostel filled with backpacking Australians who engage in “so much sex,” and she has already been in town a week. This is obviously no typical maternal visit, and Dottie and Ted will spend the episode circling one another, with mother, like son, deflecting every question about what’s wrong with some variant of “Don’t you worry about me.” (Mae sees right through it in the pub, reciting Philip Larkin’s poem “This Be the Verse” to Ted over the pinball machine.)

Season 3, Episode 11: ‘Mom City’​

Just as last season’s eighth episode, “Man City,” was an exploration of the wounds inflicted by poor fathering, this week’s focuses on the healing power of maternal love. It was in that earlier episode that we first learned that Ted’s dad had killed himself; this time, he and his mom find at least a modicum of long-belated closure. And Ted has what appears to be the long-simmering revelation that … But I get ahead of myself.
I noted last week that with so many story lines and just a couple of episodes to go, “Ted Lasso” would need — in a strategy adopted by fourth graders since time immemorial — to write the remaining words smaller and smaller to get them all to fit on the page. What I overlooked, of course, is that streaming television now offers the alternative of simply making the pages bigger.
When “Man City” came out last season, it was the longest “Lasso” episode to date, at 45 minutes. “Mom City” puts that number to shame, clocking in at one hour and nine minutes (the show’s latest longest run time). Yet in contrast to several episodes this season, the extended length is spent not hopping among unrelated subplots but developing a relatively uniform theme. In keeping with that mood, this week I will abandon my own typical subplot-by-subplot format as well.
We open with a typical Ted morning, in which he ambles down his street exchanging pleasantries with everyone he passes, even the longstanding semi-antagonist who insists on referring to him as “******.” And then the morning suddenly turns atypical: On a bench at the end of the street is none other than his mom, Dottie Lasso (Becky Ann Baker).

When we return to the two of them after the title sequence, Dottie explains that she’d decided on a trip to England as a “Mother’s Day gift to myself.” She is staying in a hostel filled with backpacking Australians who engage in “so much sex,” and she has already been in town a week. This is obviously no typical maternal visit, and Dottie and Ted will spend the episode circling one another, with mother, like son, deflecting every question about what’s wrong with some variant of “Don’t you worry about me.” (Mae sees right through it in the pub, reciting Philip Larkin’s poem “This Be the Verse” to Ted over the pinball machine.)
Later, Ted and Beard take Dottie to The Crown & Anchor. Ted becomes absorbed in The Wizard of Oz pinball machine

That must be @PUP 's WOZ then, surely? The one he's got on loan to Jason Sudeikis? I still think there's an opportunity on that series to get Andy some screen time if the right strings are pulled 😁
Yes but nothing happened, machine was away MUCH longer than planned and came back damaged and full of drink spilled down the glass.. fortunatly soaked up by the beer strip on the lock bar rather than going into cabinet. I recieved a big thank you from Phil Palmer who also kindly agreed to sort out the damage but nothing from them, not a credit or even a thank you. If they want a pin again they definitely wont be having any of mine!

Love that film ! One of my favourites of 2022

The pinball was cool and there were lots of great scenes, but I didn't really hold together as a film for me. I was a bit "so what" at the end, though I feel like that when it comes to a lot of films these days that everyone else seems to think are great.

The pinball was cool and there were lots of great scenes, but I didn't really hold together as a film for me. I was a bit "so what" at the end, though I feel like that when it comes to a lot of films these days that everyone else seems to think are great.

Oh its definitely a 'shaggy dog' story - I just loved the performances of the 2 leads , well the whole cast in fact. Some great cameos too. The period setting was fantastic. Some great music. I just loved spending time with all those characters. And the pinball was the icing on the cake.

Anyone who has seen the Robocop attract sequence will note the game was licensed by Data East from Ocean Software based in .. ahem Birmingham. As they had the rights from Orion pictures for all electronic games. It can be said (with some truth in it) that Brum and Detroit have much in common. Although Birmingham is actually twinned with Chicago!

Anyone who has seen the Robocop attract sequence will note the game was licensed by Data East from Ocean Software based in .. ahem Birmingham. As they had the rights from Orion pictures for all electronic games. It can be said (with some truth in it) that Brum and Detroit have much in common. Although Birmingham is actually twinned with Chicago!
Robocop was filmed in Dallas, despite being set in future Detroit

Just watched the first 2 released episodes of the 4 part Robocop documentary:
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5759360/

Retro Refurbs has had a credit in each, so presumably the pinball will make an appearance in one of the final 2 parts😍

Is this doc any good? Still kicking myself I didn't get the pin, that was a P-ROC plan for me too but they are well expensive now.

Ocean Software was based in Manchester. I worked in the Ocean building in Castlefield after it changed over to Infogrames

Back
Top Bottom