What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball insurance

I have an alarm that rings me/wife/ family until it is deactivated.. would that not suffice?

Or one of the DIY alarms that has a SIM card.?

I live in a nice area.. not much crime really..
but a locked gate, at the end of the alley behind our row of houses, an 8ft fence at the back.. the door in the back of the cabin opens inward. With a Dialled In behind it.. so not moving that anytime soon..

The neighbours are all curtain twitchers and belong to a neighbourhood watch..

So reckon the games are safe as houses! 😂

My main alarm is monitored and meets all the requirements for police response. It also is connected to a secure app that also notifies you and allows remote arm and disarm. Plus the security operation centre calls you but after the app has.
That way, I can check the cameras and turn the bells off remotely.
Or send the neighbours to investigate, following social distancing rules with any unauthorised people at my house.

theft unlikely but fire is what you need to worry about. esp with some of botch fixes I see on here ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a quote for buildings + contents - the contents is for £180k cover for fire + flood on pins / jewelry / general contents etc..... with an exclusion made - no theft or attempted theft. - Magnet Home Insurance
No alarm required.
£380 per annum.

Alternatively John Lewis Policy looks cool as you just provide totals only for jewelry + Curios Collectables, no itemization required.
They provide full blown insurance cover for my buildings and for contents at 185k - £1150 including accidental damage, kit out the home etc..... no alarm required.

Assume when you say no theft or attempted theft, it goes onto say unless violent or forcable entry or exit?

Don’t think your stuff is safe no matter what, if somebody wants it they will probably get it.
There are some very ruthless and clever criminals out there and you will be amazed what they will do to get what they want.
Know of some nasty stuff that has happened to people, like being tied up. Luckily they were unharmed.

I haven't updated my insurance this year, but from last year (June) unlimited contents and buildings, covers my pins as standard (although had to speak to a few people to confirm and had it sent in writing), accidental damage, outbuildings, jewellery cover for a few expensive items (engagement ring etc), extended high risk items - £646 from Halifax. Others didn't get close especially when declaring contents amount and re-build cost.

I haven't updated my insurance this year, but from last year (June) unlimited contents and buildings, covers my pins as standard (although had to speak to a few people to confirm and had it sent in writing), accidental damage, outbuildings, jewellery cover for a few expensive items (engagement ring etc), extended high risk items - £646 from Halifax. Others didn't get close especially when declaring contents amount and re-build cost.
I tried Halifax after looking at your previous post mate, they don’t do specified above a total of 50k.

Last edited:
Breaking in and moving X amount of machines, with the size and weight of them.. it is not going to be your average burglar.. they will need a few of them, a van and a lot of time.. especially if they are trying to get them out of a doorway..

And I doubt it can be done if pins are in the house and whist you are asleep

Is that really an insurance that doesn't cover people nicking stuff from your house?
There is no theft cover at all hence the low premium.
This is what I discussed with the insurer.
Never say never but there is a mitigation:-
I have a decent CCTV installed with all sorts of detection - not just motion set up for monitoring 24/7 due to my firearms to satisfy the FLA.
- I have multiple BS standard safes bolted into the fabric of the house for my guns. I have jewellery safes that aren’t to that standard. Jewellery and watches can be secured in these safes within the second lockable compartments inside the main compartment. So unless you rip the safe out the wall then fine, good luck.
If that happens and my firearms go missing then the police will HAVE to act to try and find the perpetrators, due to the type of firearms I have.
So what else are they gonna steal? My pins? Seriously doubt it.
I way up my area, nosy neighbours, existing security, time it would take to load pins etc......
They would have to be expert level or total idiots
Never say never but maybe a risk worth taking????
My main worry isn’t thieves, it’s fire and flood.
Insurers are more worried about the theft element as this is the one open more to fraud also.
I haven’t made my mind up, never tried this approach before, not many insurers will give this clause.
Also.....Just read the whole John Lewis policy T&Cs , never seen anything too alarming but may still give them a call to see if Pins def comes under Curios collectables 👍

My wife won’t let me get a gun, it was bad enough just putting the barbed wire baseball bat on my TWD😂
Probably a good job though😬

Ok........
Forget John Lewis, I've been checking their reviews and they are a bit poor.

I spoke with Santander today. Looks like they are very competitive:
By far the easiest to complete online. No itemization required:
With Santander Plus Policy

- Unlimited Buildings
- Unlimited Contents
- Valuables 50k (Jewellery + Watches)

Now, the valuables is just for jewellery + watches etc... NOT pinballs and other large items in the home as this falls under general contents up the the unlimited amount.
I had this confirmed with the advisor today.

No Alarm required

Last edited:
I am in Australia but insurance is insurance
sometimes you cannot do it online ...

You have to contact them and yes it is a pain in the a--
Unfortunate you could be on the phone for a hour +

We have the property insured (home) and general contents
and as for pinballs they are nominated separate as addition at approximate price of retail price of replacement .

some insurance companies asked us to individual evaluations from antique dealers etc

the scam here is we have to pay a fire levy due to the bushfires
and we don't live with bush around us
it a based on the overall % of the sum you are insured for
and then The Tax on top of the total policy

Back
Top Bottom