What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball insurance

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
What do people do about pinball insurance, fire and theft etc
My house insurance with Lloyds is unlimited build and contents insurance but I need to find out how much they cover up to for individual items and if machines are even covered.
Then what do you do about valuation? Do we go by The Gamesroom Co. prices🤫

Having just renewed myself, a good starting point is to ensure the policy is "5 star defaqto" cover.

Tim

When I asked my insurer about this I said I had two machines, and quoted a 'fair' price for them - I was told I was already covered up to that value (I think I said 3k each).
I'm sure the same wont apply if you're looking to get a Supreme NIB covered - or a shedfull!

@ianw

Speak to Ian, since unless anything has changed then a company he is linked to can provide this :)

This covers Contents and Pins if memory serves me right. Never had to Claim so i cant comment on the Claims effectiveness.

Paul

Having just renewed myself, a good starting point is to ensure the policy is "5 star defaqto" cover.

Tim
It better be that with the premium I am paying (nearly 1k), cover has been pretty good with the few claims over the years paying out instantly without hassle.
My other half sorts all that out, she was a bank manager. Will get her on the case as it feels like she wants to burn all my machines😂

@ianw

Speak to Ian, since unless anything has changed then a company he is linked to can provide this :)

This covers Contents and Pins if memory serves me right. Never had to Claim so i cant comment on the Claims effectiveness.

Paul
Not only are you covered for games in your house, you're also covered for up to 2 games if you take them to a show.

I had to make a claim last year when I was burgled and there were no problems with making the claim and everything was paid wihtout issue.

For my 3 machines (and full contents insurance) the cover was under £200.

Most insurance companies when you give them the value of your machines (especially those of you who own larger numbers of machines) bump the cover up instantly. They don't understand that the chances of someone stealing 6 machines from your house is exceptionally low!

I am with Lloyds and I have my both insured for new value. It cost a little extra, but that was peace of mind, as they are in an external converted garage, with an electric heater.

The only stipulation was that they cannot leave the house, something that I won’t be doing anyway.

I think most insurance companies cover items to £2,500 each, so I guess it depends what your machines are worth.

It better be that with the premium I am paying (nearly 1k), cover has been pretty good with the few claims over the years paying out instantly without hassle.
My other half sorts all that out, she was a bank manager. Will get her on the case as it feels like she wants to burn all my machines😂

Give Paul who works with me a call

01582 380 082
www.mancaveinsurance.co.uk

When I bought a new machine I phoned up my insurance company (LV) to inform them of its value (I said ~6k). They said that's fine and it would be covered under my existing contents insurance.
But yeah if you're not sure, worth phoning up and asking in case their maximum item value is less than the value of the machine.

Give Paul who works with me a call

01582 380 082
www.mancaveinsurance.co.uk
Will do, thanks.

Lloyd’s on my policy is 3k per item and contents in garage/outbuildings only £5k I’ve just found out!
So I need to do something.

So I have unlimited building and contents with Halifax and I'm paying less than that (around £650 I think), including insuring high value jewellry etc.

My insurance covers the pins as they do not deem them as high risk items, and therefore there is no single item limit. They didn't need me to list them either. Due to high contents and building value, Ian's insurance didn't work for me.

I'm claimed from Halifax twice now over the years and they were absolutely fantastic.

M

Will do, thanks.

Lloyd’s on my policy is 3k per item and contents in garage/outbuildings only £5k I’ve just found out!
So I need to do something.

Just add it to Lloyds like I did, it will be cheaper than getting another policy.

So I have unlimited building and contents with Halifax and I'm paying less than that (around £650 I think), including insuring high value jewellry etc.

My insurance covers the pins as they do not deem them as high risk items, and therefore there is no single item limit. They didn't need me to list them either. Due to high contents and building value, Ian's insurance didn't work for me.

I'm claimed from Halifax twice now over the years and they were absolutely fantastic.

M

just got off the phone from them and unfortunately they don’t do unlimited rebuild so not for me as I live in an old Victorian school made of stone 3’ thick and would cost a fortune to rebuild.
I was hoping I could just have a policy for the pinroom but not to be, they are trying to see if I can get my garage contents insured only.

Your insurance sounds very good, will get my wife to call Lloyd’s to see whats what.

@M4carp Interesting, here is the poilcy booklet.... (Under Ultimate)...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 13.33.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 13.33.26.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 36
No problem - odd that they would say that re-build isn't unlimited (yet it says it is in the policy booklet and hence why I went for this due to high re-build costs).

So on phone to Lloyds forever and nobody can say covered or not as they don’t know if it’s high risk item or not, waiting for them to get back.

Halifax home insurance ultimate outbuilding contents cover is only up to £10k, now I don’t know how they class a garage that is attached as an outbuilding or not but I’ve just looked online and if the garage is attached you need extension planning permission so it should be classed as dwelling and not outbuilding so should be ok.

My Lloyd’s policy says £5k garage contents so way out. Halifax only mentions outbuilding as £10k max but not garage which is good.

Also getting a Quote from Paul on contents only incl. garage and games room in garage.

Apparently I have way too much stuff in the garage, no appreciation for the quiz machine I got for her😂

I just insured through @ianw. Buildings and contents. Each individual machine is listed and valued.
The customer service I received from Paul was second to none. No other company I have dealt with has made the experience so personal. I can’t recommend them enough.

Halifax home insurance ultimate outbuilding contents cover is only up to £10k, now I don’t know how they class a garage that is attached as an outbuilding or not but I’ve just looked online and if the garage is attached you need extension planning permission so it should be classed as dwelling and not outbuilding so should be ok.
Just for clarity, that's high risk items only. Outbuildings cover is unlimited.

Pinball machines (as I have in writing) from Halifax are not considered high risk. It did take me a while to get them to get to this point, but the machines are not electronic, easy to take items, so not high risk.

Pinball machines (as I have in writing) from Halifax are not considered high risk. It did take me a while to get them to get to this point, but the machines are not electronic, easy to take items, so not high risk.

I've just read the policy, I read it as only £10k for the contents in outbuildings, even if not High risk items

yeah rebuild cost is unlimited not contents as I see it, but you need them to clarify if an attached garage is classed as an outbuilding or not to be sure.

Hi,
I am on holiday at present and have been notified of this thread, I would point out to the guys that are looking to extent the cover for outbuildings , check that you comply with the security requirements of the insurance companies, normally they ask for at least 5 lever mortice and/or more security on outbuildings if they are to extend the sums insured. If you do not have the correct level it can cause a problem if a claim arises.
Paul

Hi,
I am on holiday at present and have been notified of this thread, I would point out to the guys that are looking to extent the cover for outbuildings , check that you comply with the security requirements of the insurance companies, normally they ask for at least 5 lever mortice and/or more security on outbuildings if they are to extend the sums insured. If you do not have the correct level it can cause a problem if a claim arises.
Paul

Do you know if a garage that is attached to the side of you property for example will be classed as an outbuilding?

My pins are in a cabin at the end of garden.
I’m with Ian for insurance :thumbs: the pins come Under contents insurance- Furniture I think..as the cabin is on my land it is covered.
Which reminds me @ianw I need to add BM66 & TBL to list of games

From my dealings it differs from insurer to insurer.....
This is what I was thinking, current insurer Lloyd’s bank mentions outbuildings and garage so is clear but I have noticed others just mention outbuildings and nothing about a garage.

Back
Top Bottom