What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Gazumping

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Had it 3 times in as many weeks, twice on two separate MM's and also on the Creech I nailed on the group (declined it for £800 in on a deal after seeing some pics and just went for the NGG only to find out someone had offered a grand for the creech in between the agreement and pics being received), I was happy for the seller as I did not want it but a bit gutted about the two MM's, is it me or is it a feeding frenzy out there??

A friend of mine bagged a bargain pin on a BIN on ebay recently, he managed to obtain the machine because the seller was honourable although the seller received higher offers post end of listing even though it was sold fair and square, someone was trying to prize it away from my mate with a bigger carrot (sad F***ers):mad:

That's why I made sure I picked my tafg the next morning. It's the way of the world now unfortunately! A few people offered me more cash for my TOTAN but I sold it to the guy I had made the deal with.

as with all things in life, you are only as good as your word. I personally would never break a deal for a few quid.

I ask top dollar for my pins. but I know everyone that has bought off of me, has had a good deal because when I sell a table they have all been fully workshopped, so that you never have to spend another penny on them. Dread Sir, how is the WH20 holding up
smile-1.png
)

Hi Stan, perfectomondo, mine kickout needs the modman tweak to get it back to it's former sweet spot, otherwise same as it left your hands
wink-1.png

Shame indeed! I sold a T2 and it proved a very protracted sale and the temptation to sell it to someone else was huge, especially as I sold it for lower than ebay price. But a deal is a deal is a deal. Treat others as you would like to be treated:D

And I lost a real beautiful CV not long ago where I was told I would be offered it first :mad:..........and wasn't!

Crazy Times in buying and selling.

I just try and keep of the bay, things usually go pretty smooth.

Replay' date=' post: 1688829 said:
Treat others as you would like to be treated:D

Seems like some people drop all morals when it comes to screwing a few extra quid out of a deal, truth be told I can easily live without all the pins I am trying to track down (we will all be dust in the end and none of this material clutter will matter one iota), what f**ks me off the most is the human nature associated with such transactions.

Remember boys and girls……..your last garment has no pockets.....Money can't buy self-respect and you can't undo your actions later in life when the realisation kicks in.

the amount of pm's i had when i was trading my last TAF was silly.some people also trying to persuade me what it's worth in their favour also whilst another deal was on the table.

for reasons like this i do think all trades should be discussed publically in threads and not via personal messages wherever possible.

gazumping is rife on here and elsewhere.

at one time Scared Stiff's were nearly twice the price of Addams (of equal quality). I have seen both tables and think it was a more than fair swap, I would have a SS back in a heartbeat, TAF is just a poor man's TZ, then again I dislike Lawlor games. tooo lop-sided, but its just a personal thing. we would all be surprised of who was stabbing you in the back, when it comes down to selling and buying tables. :oops:

i had a fair swap with matt for the SS and was more than happy with the deal. Matt's a great guy.

not naming names but lets just say i had a lot of emails with offers whilst sorting that dealhere and elsewhere....some 'offers' would have been very bad for me had i accepted.

i would imagine it's not common though.

I think thrashing out a deal is fair enough and forwarding your opinion on value in relation to similar items just sold is fine also (seller can take or leave your evidence), it's the change of plan once a deal has been agreed which personally grinds my gears.

Hi Wayne, I am probably classed as a noob myself, my approach to pinball is the same as everything else I do in life, "the duration is unimportant.... it's what you do with that time which counts"
biggrin-1.png
, stay cool bro.

Been gazumped myself a few times in the past. Almost got my hands on an MM for 2.5K over a year ago. Was at a petrol station about to take a very long journey to get it when i got the call that shattered my hopes...

Turns out someone offered him 4K for it and he wanted to see if i could do any better!!!! (this was AFTER we agreed a deal and i was up early on my way!) LOL, f*ck THAT! I told him to jam it sideways up his ass. *sighs*.....

I would never do that to anyone. Bad karma in buckets right there, but greed is rife amongst those who value cash above all else.

Rus121' date=' post: 1688846 said:
Been gazumped myself a few times in the past. Almost got my hands on an MM for 2.5K over a year ago. Was at a petrol station about to take a very long journey to get it when i got the call that shattered my hopes...

Turns out someone offered him 4K for it and he wanted to see if i could do any better!!!! (this was AFTER we agreed a deal and i was up early on my way!) LOL, f*ck THAT! I told him to jam it sideways up his ass. *sighs*.....

I would never do that to anyone. Bad karma in buckets right there, but greed is rife amongst those who value cash above all else.

I guess Russ that some pins just don't want to be dry humped, maybe that's why the MM is eluding me too
smile-1.png

Totally agree with that. I was really grateful to Les when he refused to take any offers away from ebay for his MM recently. I think he could have sold it off ebay for a lot more than I eventually paid for it.

I won't use ebay to sell pins. I prefer to deal with people that I know and trust on the various groups for swaps, sales and trades. Once I had agreed a price and a sale with someone, I would never cancel a deal with someone just because I had been offered more by someone else, as it's just not right. I'm in the hobby to play pinball and enjoy my collection, not to flip and make loads of money out of machines.

MM is the only game i truly ever wanted badly enough (sentimental reasons). Seems a very hard title to get, even if you have the money to pay for it. Maybe one day.....

Dreads...,Dont worry mate. I have humped many an MM. They all deliver what i want from them and go home with lots of coin in their boxes....hahaha...

MM is a great game, don't let anyone tell you anything different.

But there are as good a titles out there.

bartron' date=' post: 1688872 said:
save your corn boys, MM aint that good. AFM is so much better. hell, S-M is better than MM.
biggrin-1.png

No way is SM better, no effin way sonny

jonathan' date=' post: 1688978 said:
Oh I don't know. I like mm and had a loan for a few weeks but I would love another sm

It is a fun game, I'm not disagreeing but I judge it on the tediousness of getting to Superhero vs the fun of getting to BfTK. Now Superhero is a fantastic four part wizard mode but that and the Green Goblin music (because it's awesome) are the only things I would rate highly on SM. MM as a game is just fun, fun, fun all the way

SM is just so-so for me. I do like it somewhat, but once i get that MM theme tune rattling around inside my head, it stays there for days. Sooooo....

Dear Santa,

If by some tiny miracle my parents lied to me and you are in fact a real bloke with gazillions of pounds to waste buying the worlds population gifts at Xmas, could you please see to it that i get jimmy saville back from the dead to personally hand deliver me a BRAND NEW Medieval madness pinball machine. Not too bothered if old jimmy has a bit of dirt on him, but please make sure he doesnt touch the machine or i'll make sure rudolph gets more than a sip of milk this year... (just kidding me ol' mucker-hehe) Anyway, give your buddy jesus christ of nazareth a shove and let him know i prayed like a NUN to get one this xmas, and that i would look favourably on him should he decide that a new MM couldnt possibly be delivered without a motorized Tron LE driven through my front door by a naked (younger) Elvira on christmas morning. Its certainly a long shot, this i realise, but if you can make time between resurrecting the dead and abducting naked celebrities from the past, i'd also appreciate a hand delivered note from the inland revenue by the Queen telling me i never have to pay taxes ever again... Cheers!

Yours fingers crossingly,

Russ

(Mental MM fan driven to despair by lack of MM play)

You never know!

Lol. Still love mine, and it's still going no-where even if they were to remake. Yes i could sell it and make some £££, however i'm not about making £££
smile-1.png
If they remake and sell the remakes at the usual going rate (£6k) then i'll still be quids in
biggrin-1.png

Actually Grizz, thats right - it would make MUCH more sense to move on and crate something new, rather than remaking something thats already been. I can only imagine it's being driven by money......

Back
Top Bottom