What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball drama

Whatever happened to that bloody Magic Girl?

......and the elephant in the room....why does Fenny keep posting clips of the Night of the Living Dead?

Whatever happened to that bloody Magic Girl?

......and the elephant in the room....why does Fenny keep posting clips of the Night of the Living Dead?
watch the trailer and the penny should drop, I think we may recognise some of the actors .... :)

I remember he participated on here 4 a short while

Pretty much every scoop on a game has originated with Kaneda...

Only one that I know that hasn’t is James Bond ;)

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

watch the trailer and the penny should drop, I think we may recognise some of the actors .... :)

Its still not clicking with me. Awesome that they’ve remastered it though. Looks unrecognisable.

I think all these people who do these pinball podcast and videos are doing it to try and make themselves stars in a business they have little skills in. Jack Danger & Cady Hardy to name but two. All the pinball podcasters do enjoy moaning about games but I do not see them having plans submitted to Stern, or do what Keith Elwin did with Archer. It is so easy to get behind a microphone and slag a product off.

Pictures get leaked a day or so early - big deal! It doesnt seem to do these companies any harm, they get talked about on forums like this and pinside. Pinball launches as a rule are hardly amazing events even before these guys came about. Someone from these companies have to be sending these piccies out - why the hell are they not watermarked ? Stern have NDA's in place I know for a fact, and would imagine all the other companies do too.

My belief is Pin companies should be asked what they are playing at. The Deeproot situation is again laughable. Stern got a v1 code game out after lockdown as employees worked from home.

Podcasters and youtube content makers are not rock stars/experts/people you should admire. Most are just idiots and dickheads with a camera and/or microphone with an opinion. Anyone want a link to my channel?

The only pinball related thing I’ve ever watched in quantity is Todd Tuckey’s TNT YouTube videos......which has a massive ongoing bitter rivalry with GRC Pinball. So much drama. Mumsnet seems tame compared to pinball.
I really enjoy the TNT video's. A friend in the arcade scene went over and visited Todd and appeared in one of the episodes. I wasn't aware of the rivalry with GRC Pinball. What's the story there?

I really enjoy the TNT video's. A friend in the arcade scene went over and visited Todd and appeared in one of the episodes. I wasn't aware of the rivalry with GRC Pinball. What's the story there?

I think it’s one way rivalry but I a could be wrong. The guy from GRC is constantly slagging Todd off in his video’s and saying his work is below par. He also claims that Todd puts subtle things in his videos to taunt him. I don’t know. Maybe he’s trying to ride on Todd’s success?

He seems like a really lovely guy.

^^^^^ On the subject of whiny attention seekers - how on earth does a program like love island get on TV?

Who gives a f*ck! I'm in the hobby to play, restore, buy and sell pinball machines, couldn't care less what a stranger has to say about them 🤣 this thread seems completely pointless to me!
It is of worthy note because as much of a nutter as I personally found him, he was the kind of nutter that generated or was first with pinball news, so he was worth keeping at least proximate to the radar.

As for Todd, everyone that's ever smashed a machine gets hated forever by certain folks, nothing that can be done about it. Certainly no actual facts of the matter about the scrap heaps being destroyed for viewer amusement won't suffice!

Who gives a f*ck! I'm in the hobby to play, restore, buy and sell pinball machines, couldn't care less what a stranger has to say about them 🤣 this thread seems completely pointless to me!

I agree with you...and I posted it! Lol. I suppose the point is, there’s a never ending amount of drama in the world of pinball. Far more than a normal person might reasonably expect coming into the hobby. And this is just the latest in the saga of hot pinball gossip. Let’s face it, we’re all just big boys with expensive toys.

It may be hard to believe but honestly - the pinball scene is actually rather bloody tame, for a typical 'male-dominated, slightly nerdy hobby' group.

It's definitely well near the bottom of the league table of '****, dramatics-obsessed communities' that I've suffered in the past...!

I don’t know what kind of hardcore dungeons and dragons scenes you’ve been entangled with in the past. I think I might have PTSD :rofl:
Haha - D&D people tend to be OK because you have to have basic social skills to play it ;)

Think more the kinds of people that obsess over video game betas, and suchlike... hoo boy.

Haha - D&D people tend to be OK because you have to have basic social skills to play it ;)

Think more the kinds of people that obsess over video game betas, and suchlike... hoo boy.

Oh god yeah. I’ve been making video games for the past 25 years. I’ve always made a point of avoiding gamers forums and comment sections. It’s almost impossible to avoid them nowadays with social media and even on LinkedIn. The sheer sense of entitlement and expectation of everything for free is shocking. I know a female Producer who’s had death threats just for being a female working in the industry. On the flip side they can be extremely loyal and supportive, which is what I’ve surprisingly come to find while making my own VR game. That could totally change on release though :rolleyes:

“Haha - D&D people tend to be OK because you have to have basic social skills to play it”

Sorry I had to laugh at this one. For my sins I’m involved in a regular club as I’ve been trawling through a Call of Cthulhu game for the last 5 years

There are some seriously weird people involved in RPGs. Basic social skills are not as prevalent as you might expect. Neither is good personal hygiene. A lot of the players will play 5-6 nights a weeks and are utterly loyal to their tables. I’ve sat on tables for 6 months plus and never even learnt the names of some players.

Last week it was all kicking off about whether Orcs are racist and should they be banned. A lot of the people Involved have way too much time on their hands. A fair proportion of younger players also agonise for ages about how the club is sexist as there should be nights where all the GMs are women etc. They insist on having AGMs etc to discuss what can and can’t be done. A “x” card system was forced upon tables so people could veto violence etc if it made them uncomfortable as they weren’t capable of expressing their feelings.

One Upside though is the club is very friendly towards people who don’t conform to social norms. I suspect 50%Plus of them fall into the autistic spectrum.

The pinball scene is a breeze in comparison.

Smelly players is the number 1 Regular complaint at the club.

maybe there are more links between D&D and pinball than I initially thought.

“Haha - D&D people tend to be OK because you have to have basic social skills to play it”

Sorry I had to laugh at this one. For my sins I’m involved in a regular club as I’ve been trawling through a Call of Cthulhu game for the last 5 years

There are some seriously weird people involved in RPGs. Basic social skills are not as prevalent as you might expect. Neither is good personal hygiene. A lot of the players will play 5-6 nights a weeks and are utterly loyal to their tables. I’ve sat on tables for 6 months plus and never even learnt the names of some players.

Last week it was all kicking off about whether Orcs are racist and should they be banned. A lot of the people Involved have way too much time on their hands. A fair proportion of younger players also agonise for ages about how the club is sexist as there should be nights where all the GMs are women etc. They insist on having AGMs etc to discuss what can and can’t be done. A “x” card system was forced upon tables so people could veto violence etc if it made them uncomfortable as they weren’t capable of expressing their feelings.

One Upside though is the club is very friendly towards people who don’t conform to social norms. I suspect 50%Plus of them fall into the autistic spectrum.

The pinball scene is a breeze in comparison.
Honestly - I know what you mean but the fact that your example includes any sort of attempt to fit other people in makes it better than some of the pits I've seen.

I should have made it a little clearer that my 'tend to be better' comment was on the scale of being stabbed in the neck and killed is preferable to burning to death.

1st time ever watching it.
He reckons he’s buying - GnRs
I wonder how he managed to get eyes on one?
Given he’s sh*t the bed over at JJP?

Back
Top Bottom