What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball drama

Rob zombie

Site Supporter
Not sure what he said as I don’t listen to his podcasts but sounds like he got forced to quit his job over comments...

9090EF57-00B1-42D5-A309-3785BA39EE1A.png

I’ve no idea. All I can work out from the comments is that he worked in PR for Weber and someone made a complaint to his bosses about comments he made online or in podcasts. Apparently he had started doing drunk Facebook Live rants, so it might be that.

Seriously that guy works in PR? He’s one of the reasons I stopped looking at pinside. He’s the exact opposite of what I would want in someone to promote my business.
but BBQ's? they're a massive '****-you i'm eating unsustainably reared meat cooked using fossil fuels' leisure item which the Americans regard as the height of social standing. Know your audience.

He was like the Piers Morgan of pinball. Sadly I guess there is a market for that.

No idea what he said to get sacked though.

Let’s face it. He spoke what he saw as the truth. You should be allowed to do that. Freedom of speech it’s called.

Just listened to the podcast and o agreed with everything he said about the industry.

Someone went after him via his work - what a low blow!!

When someone is passionate about doing something for the love of it. Let them do it. If you feel he has said something about you that you don’t like. Contact him. If you have to sue him. But you can only sue him if he says something that is untrue.

I think our hobby has lost a major voice. Like him or loathe him. That’s your opinion.

Seriously that guy works in PR? He’s one of the reasons I stopped looking at pinside. He’s the exact opposite of what I would want in someone to promote my business.

The funny thing....even this could just all be a publicity stunt. Weber are making a lot of people redundant anyway.

He was like the Piers Morgan of pinball. Sadly I guess there is a market for that.

No idea what he said to get sacked though.
He is the pantomime of pinball. Pantomime once a year for Christmas is good for me, not every other day.

The world of pinball podcasts has taken a dramatic turn in the past year. Zach Menys TPN Network just feels like a promotion tool for his distribution business. It would be a conflict of interest for him to give honest opinions on new machines as a distributor so I struggle with his justifications and constant plugging of toppers which is obviously a good margin for him.

Franchis podcast would be half decent if it wasn't so over produced with canned laughter and sound bites.

Any tips for an impartial and good listen would help my commuting.

There are plenty of reports on Pinside of Kaneda doing the exact same thing (notifying employers of postings) as well as him having to be physically thrown out of a tournie for disrupting a women’s’ tournie, assaulting the organisers and all sorts

This doesn’t appear to be a ‘cancel culture’ thing or part of the ever growing culture war. It’s a shame that nuance and context seem to be so unfashionable.

The final round is my current favourite podcast.

Couldn't agree more about Zach Meny, everything is an advert.

Yay..... not, if it's true then some manufacturers can carry on selling you more overpriced ****e without risk of hindrance.
Less and less in it....... charge you more and more and more....... and take out more and more and more !!!

Just gobble it all up !!! and listen to 20 minutes of drivel about someones hospital visit on an alternative podcast instead eh !

Like or hate the guy he spoke his mind and said a lot of things pinheads often think.
I listened to his podcast for The exclusives He seemed to get his hands on now and then.
yep he did his self no favours but now like Fenny said there’s no one unbiased.

I used to enjoy SDTM but since becoming a distributor I don’t get the same feeling he truthful anymore after that overpriced JP topper unboxing and no negatives just pure hype train going on.

I’m now down to Cary Hardy now and that’s about it

He's not an employee of Weber, they are one of clients, he works for a PR company.

Apparently (according to him) Zach Sharpe has been out to get him, getting him banned from linking to his podcast from Facebook etc
He says what he thinks, changes his view week to week but he says whet he believes at the time to be true..

Not sure this will be down to Stern though, Kaneda was controversial, got more rumours right than wrong, he was entertaining if nothing else...

Poor mans pinball podcast is good, Loserkid pinball, Eclectic Gamers podcast (mainly pinball), Super Awesome Pinball show is also good but with too much Franchi laughter. TPN some good but all an ad for flipNout

holy ****. its a room full of perfect people ;)

I've met Chris lots of times and he is a great guy and once he was a dick. Sure he has a way about doing things but just about every bit of recent pinball news has come from Kaneda's pinball podcast. KPP is entertainment and don't forget that. I'm still laughing from he dart board edition LOL.

Having some asshat grass your boss at work because they don't like what you said is bull**** (and something I've had happened to me).

What did he say? I'm completely indifferent to his podcast tbh, I think I only listened once when Neil was on ages ago, seemed alright. Shame about Neil obviously ;).

The only pinball show I ever really liked was SDTM. Greg is a nice guy. It's kinda ruined now with Zach being a distributor. He comes across like a host trying to sell sh1t rather than a normal pinhead. Not his fault but defo affects the show

Like or hate the guy he spoke his mind and said a lot of things pinheads often think.
I listened to his podcast for The exclusives He seemed to get his hands on now and then.
yep he did his self no favours but now like Fenny said there’s no one unbiased.

I used to enjoy SDTM but since becoming a distributor I don’t get the same feeling he truthful anymore after that overpriced JP topper unboxing and no negatives just pure hype train going on.

I’m now down to Cary Hardy now and that’s about it
Cary Hardy - really?
Doesn’t know what the hell he is doing and seems very backward yea har type of Texan..... I think in the uk we’d call him a bumpkin.

I’ve tried watching these channels and also listening to podcasts and find them a little hard work.

Best to play the games and see what you think of it.

Cary Hardy - really?
Doesn’t know what the hell he is doing and seems very backward yea har type of Texan..... I think in the uk we’d call him a bumpkin.

I’ve tried watching these channels and also listening to podcasts and find them a little hard work.

Best to play the games and see what you think of it.
I don’t watch his restores/ repairs more his 1st impressions as he tells it as it is warts included.
too many shillers around To buy before playing something.
Not much love for my BKsor inc off Kanada but I love it.

So where's best to go now for:

A regular, succinct warts and all podcast, with no shilling that gives away some insider knowledge here and there?

And not one for people like this >>>>> it's a Nrets pinball, topper, t-shirt, face mask....
so just buy it whatever the cost, whatever the code, whatever left in it..... :hmm:

The people responsible for going after him via his work are the lowest of the low; truly abysmal !

I’ve only listened to a couple of his podcasts and I don’t have any particular issue with anything I’ve heard him say. I do find the narcissism and sound of his nasal voice kind of annoying though. Going after the guy through his boss is ****ing low. It really is the lowest of the low. I don’t agree with what you have to say, so I’ll take away your ability to pay your bills.

The only pinball related thing I’ve ever watched in quantity is Todd Tuckey’s TNT YouTube videos......which has a massive ongoing bitter rivalry with GRC Pinball. So much drama. Mumsnet seems tame compared to pinball.

Never listened to the guy but know he was responsible for some pin leaks which came in handy.
I found this post quite educational:
The JJP bit below makes me laugh 😂
E0DD7A9C-14BA-43A7-BB01-4FBC438BB8B9.png

Never listened to the guy but know he was responsible for some pin leaks which came in handy.
I found this post quite educational:
The JJP bit below makes me laugh 😂
View attachment 111720

So everything we read or hear is true of course, and the above is true of course because someone on Pinside says so; he has said lots of things that turn out to be true >>> and sadly some people don't like the truth and prefer to do this:

Back
Top Bottom