What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Pinball cover

jonathan

Site Supporter
ive got a game going in the conservatory and need a cover to stop it getting faded. I don't mind how old or tatty it is!

There was someone on a UK pinball facebook page a while back asking if there was a market for pinball covers that his wife could make. I pointed him here but it doesn't seem like he ever posted. Shame, I'd be quite interested in custom covers.

Genius idea @Monkeyboypaul . I was going to task my wife with making me covers for Christmas but these look perfect and very cheap. I may glue magnets near the top to hold them on the side rails. Thanks.

Genius idea @Monkeyboypaul . I was going to task my wife with making me covers for Christmas but these look perfect and very cheap. I may glue magnets near the top to hold them on the side rails. Thanks.

They're not custom or particularly fancy, and they're so soft & light that they sometimes slide down a little bit if you put anything like paperwork on them (as we often do while working in the same home office), but your suggestion for using magnets should fix that. The bigger throws will cover 2 machines if you have them side by side.

There was someone on a UK pinball facebook page a while back asking if there was a market for pinball covers that his wife could make. I pointed him here but it doesn't seem like he ever posted. Shame, I'd be quite interested in custom covers.

This could have been me, my brother in law is currently patterning these up for me. ours will be pinball shaped and installed removed from the front with velcro closure.

Cheers

covers.jpg

What like this ?
the good lady used to make them out of 4 separate panels. custom fit on all different types of tables. lots of effort for not a lot of reward.

I figure we'll need standard and wide body. extra back box height could be done also..may need some measurements for that.

the 1st prototype is a little tight on the JM. the next one will be adjusted for the deeper head on bally Williams. anyone have a comparison photo standard to wide body? the fleece should be here this week. the closers on the 21st. so I count 10 potential orders so far?

Reactions: ski
I'm probably to late to order, but is fleece UVresistant? If it is I'd like one for sure.

You don't really need a uv resistant material any material that will block light will protect the machine. But a non uv material will degrade over time either degrade and break down or just bleach

We're still developing the approach to be honest. Prototype 1 is made from vinyl, but it's heavy and more awkward to fit single handedly.
I think Fleece will be fine (and its similar to that which some people use already in the form of blankets), but we'll see. Also possible to use black calico but that has no "give".
Anyway fleece and magnets are all picked up so hopefully we'll have prototype 2 soon.
Thanks for all the comments so far.

I think we are there.
The fleece is much lighter and the magnets make putting the cover on much easier.

Matt will be registering in the forum to offer these for sale. it should speed up the process rather than having me in the middle.

Here's a pic of the cover fitted to the Johnny mnemonic I have on loan from steve
20161211_153555.jpg

Back
Top Bottom