What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball confessions you are ashamed of

First Pin I ever owned I always turned on and off at the wall (when I first bought it I plugged it in and it booted up automatically). Only dicovered where the real power switch was when I bought my second machine:oops:

I'm sure the guy on the right ('Mark') bought my two ridge racer cabs. Sucked air through his teeth like a pro. LOL. :)

Oh I dunno. Looks a bit like vasquez from Aliens. Not a bad thing if you're into dominant female types :)

I have seen the sexy alternative Translight for Raven. Is a big improvement.
As for Vasquez in Aliens that's just butch lesbian. Shiver .

Chris, what do you think of the picture of you playing WoZ
Or are you just go embarrassed to reply ?
Go on @TYHO let us know.

He's just demonstrating his ability to move his hands faster than the speed of light.:D

My first ever machine (a Williams Black Knight) started blowing fuses, so I ended up selling it for next to nothing as faulty without realising all the helpful people and resources available on line, like this excellent forum!
Cheers, Mark

My first was a STTNG. It had more issues than I knew what to do with, but it taught me the basics and as it was a super complicated mess underneath the playfield, I got to learn some patience too. haha.

Well if you are going to learn how to fix a pinball machine you certainly picked the mother of if anything can go wrong it will.
STTNG is a Bugger of a thing for going wrong.

Oh I had it all, dodgy subway hacks, legs that shocked you, wiring bodges, crackly sound, a crazy dmd issue where it faded in and out like one of those leds strips, knackered flippers and cannons. Yep, broken everything really. The shining glory of that machine was its playfield was like new. I can still remember the shivers I got when I first experienced fighting the Borg. For me its the greatest theme integration of them all.

Yes when you have a STTNG that you have brought back from the other side of badly broke, there's no better feeling than playing a fully working game.
Especially when it has a peachy playfield.

Yes when you have a STTNG that you have brought back from the other side of badly broke, there's no better feeling than playing a fully working game.
Especially when it has a peachy playfield.

Yep. It had ZERO neutral zone wear. Something I have not seen on another STTNG since.

Alright I'll bite. I killed the ToM at Bexhill Seafront.

I was totally fresh to Pinball at the time having only played virtual ones. I wanted to find a real one, anyway i somehow stumbled onto pinformer, success! There was 2 at the seafront where my dad had recently moved to.

So off I go and sure enough a T2 and ToM are sitting there. I had some goes on the T2 which was fun but I decided to move onto the ToM. Halfway through a game I got a ball hangup right on the trunk, it was trying to rotate but failing miserably with the stuck ball stopping it from doing so. I had no idea about pins at the time, so I waited about 2 minutes to see if it would free itself. These days I would give it a shove or turn the game off, but I didn't even know where the off switch was!

Anyway I go to the operator, an older guy sitting in a little booth in the arcade and told him what was wrong. He slides the glass off, frees the balls, puts a free credit on and all good. I have 1 or 2 more goes before getting bored and going home.

The next day I come back and the game is off, and has been for what must be coming up on 2 years now. The T2 suffered the same fate about 6 months later, switched off (although I don't know what killed it) and both games have been walled up behind other busted cabs ever since. The operator utterly refuses to sell either.

So that's my moment of shame :rolleyes: Although I'm sure the SCTOMA squad will at least be happy ;)

Last edited:
Alright I'll bite. I killed the ToM at Bexhill Seafront.

I was totally fresh to Pinball at the time having only played virtual ones. I wanted to find a real one, anyway i somehow stumbled onto pinformer, success! There was 2 at the seafront where my dad had recently moved to.

So off I go and sure enough a T2 and ToM are sitting there. I had some goes on the T2 which was fun but I decided to move onto the ToM. Halfway through a game I got a ball hangup right on the trunk, it was trying to rotate but failing miserably with the stuck ball stopping it from doing so. I had no idea about pins at the time, so I waited about 2 minutes to see if it would free itself. These days I would give it a shove or turn the game off, but I didn't even know where the off switch was!

Anyway I go to the operator, an older guy sitting in a little booth in the arcade and told him what was wrong. He slides the glass off, frees the balls, puts a free credit on and all good. I have 1 or 2 more goes before getting bored and going home.

The next day I come back and the game is off, and has been for what must be coming up on 2 years now. The T2 suffered the same fate about 6 months later, switched off (although I don't know what killed it) and both games have been walled up behind other busted cabs ever since. The operator utterly refuses to sell either.

So that's my moment of shame :rolleyes: Although I'm sure the SCTOMA squad will at least be happy ;)
Such a shame that operators can't be ****d spending some time on the pinball and getting them fully working.
Just a sign of the times, lazy op's that want as much back with zero effort. Typical.

Back
Top Bottom