What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Center

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
10 Years
Alias
Ken
Has anyone on here had fun and games with the pinball center (Germany)
I bought some funhouse plastics from them ( which tbh are cr*p quality). The came with one plastic missing. I contacted them and now seem to be getting the runaround in getting it sorted.

I've ordered a fair bit from them, mostly noflix LEDs but also a few switches and plastics. While there is a debate to be had about the print quality of the plastics I've never had any problem with them relating to orders, and when an LED arrived broken they sent me a new one free of charge.

I bought a couple of plastics and assorted other bits recently - no problems, fast delivery. If I was being picky the colour on the plastics was slightly different from the original but in all honesty *nobody* is gonna notice unless you are side by side comparing. I kind of expect that repros will never be 100% same, but often no choice in the matter.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I bought a couple of plastics and assorted other bits recently - no problems, fast delivery. If I was being picky the colour on the plastics was slightly different from the original but in all honesty *nobody* is gonna notice unless you are side by side comparing. I kind of expect that repros will never be 100% same, but often no choice in the matter.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Suppose there is also going to be an element of fade on plastics on these old games so will always be hard to match 100%

I got several for my whirlwind they were not great but at the same time a dam lot better than the damaged and hacked ones I had on.
TBH like another said once they on, glass is in place and it’s all fired up with the light show going on you couldn’t really notice at all.

Update
They asked for a pic of the missing plastic??? How the hell can i take a pic if its not there. Ok i know what they meant, so i took a pic of my broken one.
Got a reply that said we have not sent you this. It is broken and used.
I'm going nightschool to learn German cos "Lost in translation" springs to mind.

Send a picture of all the parts you did recieve with a note saying that the broken one was not included? Definitely a lost in translation thing going on there because my personal experience (and I understand that the plural of anecdote is note data) has been quite positive.

My first contact of reply to them was a pic of the plastics laid out exactly as it was on their web site with an arrow pointing to the position of said missing plastic.
It seemed to go downhill from that point.

Don't ever buy their 'cliffy's' as they are not made by cliffy and the ones I got were shocking.

In fact only buy cliffy's made by cliffy :)

I got some “cliffy-style protectors” once. Never installed them. They’re way to thick even though I filed the edges down. Not from pinball center though so cannot comment on their ones.

I got some “cliffy-style protectors” once. Never installed them. They’re way to thick even though I filed the edges down. Not from pinball center though so cannot comment on their ones.
It's because cliffy files each one he makes by hand.
That is why he is 3 - 4 months behind in orders.

The acid test of all these pinball vendors is what they do when you have a problem.

I have dealt with PInball Center a few times a year for a number of years. I have received some poor quality repro plastics where the colours are way out and the resolution is too blurry. The quality of these was far below that of the accredited CPR ones. I did not complain about this as I had read quite a few times that PC plastics are a "last resort" option, "better than nothing".

Other than that I have had no problems with PC. But saying that I had never experienced trouble with Ministry of Pinball until my ramp fiasco where I have paid for it, paid for return postage and 6 months into this mess have no ramp and no refund.

I have used them a lot but two weeks ago my 'final order' arrived.

They did not reply to any emails after they delivered a Fluorector kit for my Aerosmith - they failed to mention it was for a Premium and not an pro on the website.

Also a couple of other things were awful quality I ordered and now they have lost my business.

Last edited:
I've used PC quite a few times and never had any issues. I agree that the quality of their plastics is sometimes below expectations but they are a great last resort for plastics, especially ones at the back of the machine where nobody is really ever going to look. The large clear ramp on my Jackbot was completely destroyed so I bought a replacement Pinbot one from them and I think it looks great, just don't get too close to it 😂

I bought a plastic part for the junkyard from pinball center and it was pink rather than orange ?
They did say send it back for a refund but well whats the point when it s half the cost to send it back.
They would not refund .

Ministry of pinball sent me 4 new flipper buttons that someone had turned down on a lathe?
I said that they were not new becuase of that but no answer.

Other than that both have good supply of items and deliver pretty quick.

I had lots of fun and games with these guys, left out of pocket and waited literally weeks for a refund. Not an experience I will ever go through again.

I've bought a Funhouse translite from these guys, but bearing in mind this thread paid on my credit card via PayPal (so hopefully double protected).

I thought I'd do my friend a favour and clean the rear of his translite, which was brown from presumably years of being in a smoky bar or whatever. Seemed to be coming off nicely, then I realised that what was coming off was actually part of the print, so now he's got an almost translucent translite :(

His translite wasn't in the best state before I started but I made it a lot worse :(

Hopefully the PC one isn't too bad, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope. At €54 it was the cheapest I could find.

Indeed. I thought I'd take a punt and hope it's not too bad, as it's not a minter machine anyway. If it turns out crap I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a PPS one or that lenticular one at $199 :(

Doesn’t Pinball heaven have the planetary ones in stock or mirrored back glass
Ooooh mirrored glass FH translite I may be tempted myself just for framing. It’s a thing of beauty and I would sell my really nice original one

Didn't think there was a mirrored one for FH? I know there's a 3D one.

I didn't want to spend a lot really as it's a players condition FH anyway but if this PC one isn't up to scratch I'll get a PPS one from Pinball Heaven or something.

Well... hmmm... not sure. Haven't got the OEM translite in front of me but the blues on this one look pretty strong, and dark.

Not as bad as I was expecting though, although I haven't looked in detail yet.

IMG_3112.jpg

(the juggling balls were only available on a limited run)

Back
Top Bottom