What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man Overboard - A whitewater project

What to do with these? To say i'm disappointed with the quality of these is an understatement !!! They look like they got the colour palette from donald trump and asked their 5 year old to paint them after play school.....

Option 1 - Burn them
Option 2 - Return them
Option 3 - See if someone handy with the artist brush want a go at making them look half decent and more in keeping with the originals

I'd rather use my broken originals than these!! Anyone on here fancy a go at repainting them????

IMG_3599.JPGfullsizeoutput_d61.jpegfullsizeoutput_d62.jpeg

What to do with these? To say i'm disappointed with the quality of these is an understatement !!! They look like they got the colour palette from donald trump and asked their 5 year old to paint them after play school.....

Option 1 - Burn them
Option 2 - Return them
Option 3 - See if someone handy with the artist brush want a go at making them look half decent and more in keeping with the originals

I'd rather use my broken originals than these!! Anyone on here fancy a go at repainting them????

View attachment 81806View attachment 81807View attachment 81808
I recognise them boulders I bought from Germany I sent mine straight back they are nothing like the original plus the colour is crap!
Put my damaged ones back on.
I couldn’t get the red lamp cover through the hole I’m wondering if you have bought what I sent back.

I recognise them boulders I bought from Germany I sent mine straight back they are nothing like the original plus the colour is crap!
Put my damaged ones back on.
I couldn’t get the red lamp cover through the hole I’m wondering if you have bought what I sent back.

Bought from pinball centre. Not cheap either

@myPinballs I got a replacement plastic from Pinball Center a while ago; horribly disappointed in the quality and especially the colours. Emailed them regarding this, no reply months on..

Repro on the left, original on the right

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-03-21 at 13.52.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-03-21 at 13.52.00.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 49
Bought from pinball centre. Not cheap either
Cheaply made I thought, I have Cliffys on the mountains and the rocks don’t sit flat like the originals do another reason I sent them back, does the red lamp cover fit through the hole ? The one they sent me had a repair underneath and lamp cover would not fit.

Option 1 - Burn them
Option 2 - Return them

View attachment 81806View attachment 81807View attachment 81808

Attachments

• 9D68CF53-AED0-4162-A44B-EF28447AFBD0.jpeg
    9D68CF53-AED0-4162-A44B-EF28447AFBD0.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 33
I returned them and took a loss with the exchange rate... when they arrived I was so disappointed I wrote an email saying do not sell these they are a bad copy.

Cheaply made I thought, I have Cliffys on the mountains and the rocks don’t sit flat like the originals do another reason I sent them back, does the red lamp cover fit through the hole ? The one they sent me had a repair underneath and lamp cover would not fit.

Sounds familiar, i'll have to check it. The thing that annoys me more than anything is the picture of what you are buying looks correct, but then you receive something totally different!

Screenshot 2019-03-21 16.10.31.png

Sounds familiar, i'll have to check it. The thing that annoys me more than anything is the picture of what you are buying looks correct, but then you receive something totally different!

View attachment 81831

View attachment 81831
It’s the colour of the two boulders that annoyed me the most a three year old could have done a better job at nursery.
It’s the only thing on my playfield I would love to get replaced a full set but no one has them apart from !
I must say yours is looking amazing great work.

loving those transparent pops gonna have to use those on my earthshaker restore :D

Time to sort out this knackered wood rail. The black ash vinyl is cracked and peeling off

B24344FD-69F4-46A6-A3BE-C0E418F54617.jpegA9A2D456-E333-47A2-89E3-50626B0EFF90.jpegE884CD37-2D6F-4972-8C53-C7DCD5DAC7AC.jpeg

Stripped old vinyl off with hair dryer and goo gone

FDA39EDA-A334-4215-A204-2C1881882858.jpeg

Bought some new black ash vinyl

0D1DF441-881F-432D-8CEB-117F6E5F5348.jpeg

Sanded wood and resprayed exposed edges

EA8DE18D-26F5-4B03-AB51-366AC5084EE0.jpeg

New vinyl to reapply tommorrow once dry

Back
Top Bottom