What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Bros - Alien Ellen Ripley Version

How can you guarantee where a third party will site a game?

I can see not being allowed to sell a game directly to a pub but that’s mad. Does the IP owner ban mobile games in pubs?

How can you guarantee where a third party will site a game?

I can see not being allowed to sell a game directly to a pub but that’s mad. Does the IP owner ban mobile games in pubs?
Exactly - this is why it was not done. The company Rovio I think was a pain in the backside.

In the end it was just a waste of time.

Oh **** yeah! thats awesome, the power loader vs the queen would have been even better especially if mechanical but that looks great!!

I believe the topper will be available to purchase for all versions of the game.

And I’m not sure the topper actually comes with the Ripley edition as standard?

I believe the topper will be available to purchase for all versions of the game.

And I’m not sure the topper actually comes with the Ripley edition as standard?
No its extra Ant, info here from Knapp Arcade:

$1350 plus shipping

Topper features:

• Moving tail that is interactive with the game • Hand sculpted & -painted Xenomorph in a truly immersive Alien environment

• Multitude of addressable RGB LEDs that is interactive in modes and game, such as below.

• Six hand-painted egg sculpts that lit up and are individually interactive with game modes

• Individually controlled tubes in the backboard - interactive with game modes

• Flashers around the Alien Queen for spectacular lights shows and effects • Quality of a collectible figurine • Limited run of 300 pcs

NOTE! Beacons are optional and are not included. Topper includes cover plates when beacons are not installed. Beacons can be purchased separately for SV and Ripley Version owners while LV owners easily transfer their existing beacons to use with the topper.

Disclaimer: Prototype shown. Paint and colours may differ from production topper.

More images and some better angles, the lighting on the topper looks nice and atmospheric.

$7,995 USD MRSP for the Riplety Edition, wonder what the UK price will be as this is cheaper than than the previous versions stateside?

View attachment 235105View attachment 235106View attachment 235107View attachment 235108View attachment 235109
That looks wicked 👍🏻 Lightshow during the later modes (and in general) with the beacon style spinning patterns was awesome, even on the non-beacon SV i used to have ; must be unreal with the actual beacons added.
Would love to own another one (ideally this new version) some day when space/money permits.

I would actually get one of these if I thought the flippers could be sorted out. There is something not quite right with either Alien or Queen . . . . there is no snap to the striking of the ball.

However, the game is packed, there are some half decent shots and it's more atmospheric than most games. Add to the fact that the sound quality out of the box is amazing and there are 4 flippers and a very cool mech.

I just can't get past that flipper action or I'd order one tomorrow.

Yeah you’re right. All the mods are now live on the PB website. Topper is only available separately 👍🏻
IMG_3013.png

Any U.K. pricing for the Ripley version yet?

7995 USD over in the states

That topper looks 🤩🤪 I’d buy the pin just for that 🤣

Sure I read on pinside the topper is limited to 300 🤔 seems a little low if true.

I’ve been toying with TBL, Stranger things and now this 🤦‍♂️. Decisions decisions.

Never played alien, is it a good game? I really like dark, immersive games so this is up my street and love the films. Do like a good topper also lol

Would welcome thoughts vs the other two I’m toying with.

Truly shocked they don’t have the likeness rights for Weaver considering they are selling this as a ‘Ripley Version’… they have Ripley on the other side of the cab like I thought they might however face is edited out and missing literally just the helmet with a Xeno reflection…

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s not even any added video clips to bring Ripley into the game at this point

I’ve been toying with TBL, Stranger things and now this 🤦‍♂️. Decisions decisions.

Never played alien, is it a good game? I really like dark, immersive games so this is up my street and love the films. Do like a good topper also lol

Would welcome thoughts vs the other two I’m toying with.

I've had all three.

Alien is the best value for money and is packed. It's atmospheric and the sound is amazing. The flippers are odd though and it feels floaty.

Stranger Things is very atmospheric but the UV kit is a must. It's too fast for me though (might appeal to you considering what you said on the other thread). Many people love this game. Be aware that the top of the playfield is not visible due to the all the stuff at the top. If you're a good player, I suspect you'll enjoy this game.

Lebowski...... Probably my favorite pinball machine. The complete package.

I've had all three.

Alien is the best value for money and is packed. It's atmospheric and the sound is amazing. The flippers are odd though and it feels floaty.

Stranger Things is very atmospheric but the UV kit is a must. It's too fast for me though (might appeal to you considering what you said on the other thread). Many people love this game. Be aware that the top of the playfield is not visible due to the all the stuff at the top. If you're a good player, I suspect you'll enjoy this game.

Lebowski...... Probably my favorite pinball machine. The complete package.

Yeh I noticed your comment on the flippers, is this something that’s been brought up a lot with this one? No fixes either?

From the streams I could see stranger things would keep you on your toes which I do like.

Lebowski does have a lot of pull towards it for sure. Going to mull it over the weekend see where that gets me

Why can’t we just have them
All 🤪

Truly shocked they don’t have the likeness rights for Weaver considering they are selling this as a ‘Ripley Version’… they have Ripley on the other side of the cab like I thought they might however face is edited out and missing literally just the helmet with a Xeno reflection…

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s not even any added video clips to bring Ripley into the game at this point
Ripley will be added into most modes according to Pinball Brothers, audio and video assets, the backglass does have “pending licensor approval” written over it with likenesses pending approval.

Could just be the case they cannot publicly show Weavers likeness until it’s approved which is usually how likeness stuff works on public showings isn’t it?

Either way it’s going to be an improvement over no Ripley/Weaver.

Apparently art and content are two different licenses. They can have her in the video clips, just not on the artwork.

Apparently art and content are two different licenses. They can have her in the video clips, just not on the artwork.
Makes sense, unless they re did the playfield art , which would have been nice since the art sucks ass.

So why pay the hefty fees just to have her on the cabinet but no where on the playfield.

Getting her on the audio and video assets is the smart move, you can create your own artwork easy enough but hacking the code is much more difficult.

The first Alien I played from Heighway felt great. The next one, which was the PB version at Retroids bar, felt terrible. Flippers were so weak they could barely make the ramps.

Maybe the one I played was just a dud, it was the first PB machine in the UK. Would be curious to know if owners have dialled in the flippers to feel more like a Stern.

I had same experience, Heighway version felt solid, sound was terrific. PB version wasn’t great.
Everyone who owns a PB Alien on Pinside sings it’s praises. I know the owners in UK had fair few issues.
The playfield art is not great.
Watched loads of vids and dunno, something feels off with the gameplay.

I was really tempted but all the talk of the soggy flippers has admittedly put me off and pushing me towards a TBL

^^^They may have sorted all the issues on the newer PB builds. Maybe one of the UK owners could advise.

Back
Top Bottom