What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Bros - Alien Ellen Ripley Version

Jsyjamie

Registered
Alias
Jamie
Sounds interesting…
Little worrying many owners on here moved their pins on pretty quickly though.

New playfield artwork & Ripley might finally be time to get one of these!

Cash grab!
Not really. A cash grab is what Stern do, take a normal in production game, bang some new art on it, add a $1 LE plaque and charge double for it, with no additional outlay or cost put into it.

Pinball Brothers are doing the opposite, they will be shelling out for Sigourney, she is not the cheapest actor out there even today, new audio and video assets, new code, new playfield and cabinet art (hopefully the playfield art is good this time) new sculpts, redesigned mechs, they are doing a proper job of this.

Not really. A cash grab is what Stern do, take a normal in production game, bang some new art on it, add a $1 LE plaque and charge double for it, with no additional outlay or cost put into it.

Pinball Brothers are doing the opposite, they will be shelling out for Sigourney, she is not the cheapest actor out there even today, new audio and video assets, new code, new playfield and cabinet art (hopefully the playfield art is good this time) new sculpts, redesigned mechs, they are doing a proper job of this.
Disney have the rights to this IP- bet they’re not cheap to work with (ToyStory4 JJP springs to mind). By reworking- hopefully that doesn’t mean cheaping out on their lovely ramps. Can’t blame Pinball Brothers- they’re a business at the end of the day and Queen has flopped

Off topic but it sounds like HomePin will show Animal House at Expo. Without knowing their sales seems like a number of companies are cutting their losses and moving onto new titles with sluggish sales- GF JJP, GTF AP and Venom Stern don’t seem to have much traction compared with previous titles. Are Stern bringing out Jaws soon?

Off topic but it sounds like HomePin will show Animal House at Expo. Without knowing their sales seems like a number of companies are cutting their losses and moving onto new titles with sluggish sales- GF JJP, GTF AP and Venom Stern don’t seem to have much traction compared with previous titles. Are Stern bringing out Jaws soon?
Animal house ….. as in National Lampoons?

Yup- heard it’s going to be considerably cheaper than Spinal Tap so maybe it’s super basic in terms of playfield mechs (in keeping with the rules). Having listened to Mike on a podcast- I don’t get why he doesn’t want to appeal to the US pinball scene but is using themes like Animal House. There can’t be that big a market in Australia who’d buy this? Saying that, at least he understands that original themes don’t make good business sense- if it was the Vacation theme I’d be gutted if HomePin made it- Animal House is a bit meh to me personally

Back on topic- hopefully all current Alien owners can get the Ripley assets foc
From Knapp interview:

When will Pinball Brothers show off its next game?
Well, we are not quite there yet, but we will present another brand new license at the beginning of 2024. Either at the EAG Expo in London, or for Texas Pinball Festival at the latest. So stay tuned for more!
The new Alien code will be available as a free update for owners of all versions of the game, so this is a big win for all Alien owners. The ability to buy more cool mods from The Art of Pinball is neat too. I can't wait to see all the new stuff unveiled at Expo!

Yup- heard it’s going to be considerably cheaper than Spinal Tap so maybe it’s super basic in terms of playfield mechs (in keeping with the rules). Having listened to Mike on a podcast- I don’t get why he doesn’t want to appeal to the US pinball scene but is using themes like Animal House. There can’t be that big a market in Australia who’d buy this? Saying that, at least he understands that original themes don’t make good business sense- if it was the Vacation theme I’d be gutted if HomePin made it- Animal House is a bit meh to me personally
I hate the cliche dream theme, but that’s def mine…

Disney have the rights to this IP- bet they’re not cheap to work with (ToyStory4 JJP springs to mind). By reworking- hopefully that doesn’t mean cheaping out on their lovely ramps. Can’t blame Pinball Brothers- they’re a business at the end of the day and Queen has flopped
They are reworking Queen too, seems like they know everything Heighway had in the works was garbage.

I ****ing love everything about this! Some serious experience behind the scenes, inc Bowen, an absolute marketing masterclass, zero leaks then wham! Teaser, trailer, mod videos, Bowen tutorial soon!

One game, looks to be a world under glass that must have been in the making for ages and thought about so carefully on all levels before the reveal, art blades, no 2d plastics etc but some extra bling if you want it, but within the 4 walls under the glass no changes. I wish these guys 1000% success and absolutely love their timing too! Just before Elton and possibly Jaws, bravo sirs, well played indeed!..:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Edit. Slightly drunk Jon meant this for the Labyrinth thread!

Last edited:

Jurassic Park 30th says “hold my beer”.

new art, new code available to all owners - with combo modes and more.

let’s see if the other things turn up - I doubt it!

Ripley is in the power loader on the left and if follows suit of the Queen on the right side that we can see (backbox, side backbox and side cabinet), she’ll likely feature predominantly on the left side?

Does it look or capture the theme better than the LV… not for me. Should have at the very least had it as ‘Aliens’ since all the artwork is well.. Aliens

Pricing appears pretty good ?

They are reworking Queen too, seems like they know everything Heighway had in the works was garbage.
Not many people on here actually know what was happening with Heighway licenses etc. I am unlucky enough to be one of those who was in the company during Circe/Full Throttle/Queen proto (believe you and me the PB Queen is better!!!). Games were worked on that nobody here has even mentioned, and no - I wont be spilling the beans. It just is no longer important to me.

But getting a great licenese does not mean its going to be a good game. Look at Zeppelin. Rush. Spinal Tap. Thunderbirds. Venom......

Queen is a good game - but the artwork is garbage. Audio is a mess - like a fruit machine - bit like JJP audio on TS4/GnR. Quite a few have been sold saying that. The audio system (speakers and amps) are good on PB machines, I will give them that. Queen just should of been made with better artwork and I can not believe how such a quality act would of allowed it.

Heighway did have the rights to use Ellen Ripley as a character. I do not think it was a money issue about the voice, I seem to remember her not wanting to do it (I could be wrong). I did suggest getting a female voice actor to do it (same as what JJP did with Pirates and Depp's characters voice) - but that got poo-poo'ed as a lot of suggestions I made.

The worst Heighway thing that got pitched was Angry Birds. The conditions were amazing. We had to guarantee none of them would end up in pubs or anywhere alcohol is sold or anywhere near gambling machines. Which made that a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom