What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Barn

Julian Hepworth

Site Supporter
After almost 30 years of collecting these things, and having built 2 log cabins, I’m now going to attempt to build a final home for them.

The plan is to demolish this :

IMG_8296.jpg

and build this :

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 18.07.17.png

There’s a long way to go, but I finally got planning permission just before Christmas.

My reason for the thread is twofold:
  • I’ve enjoyed following other people’s builds on here and thought I should return the favour
  • There is undoubtedly a huge amount of knowledge and experience on the forum I’d like to try and tap into : any advice/observations/criticisms appreciated.
I’ve decided to post this both on Pinside and pinballinfo.com as I’ve had early discussions about this project with people on both (mezzanines and heating respectively).
I’m not sure how well it will work with 2 parallel threads, but I’m going to try.

==============

The first decision is how to heat it : currently looking into heat pumps maybe with PV cells aswell as split a/c units.
Thanks to @Juggler Spencer for a one hour brain dump on ground source.

Julian Hepworth

Wow ! looking forward to seeing this one progress :)

I heat my entire house with ducted air conditioning.. it works perfectly, even when super cold outside.
Added bonus is the cold air in the 4 week UK summer !
I have Solar PV which helps with the running costs

Blimey, you must really like pinball. I don't think I could consider a project like that unless it had the ability to generate revenue. But I guess with the way pinball machine prices are going that's already taken care of.

That looks absolutely amazing.

There have been some great pinshed builds on here, but this is on another (mezzanine?) level!

If it's not an impolite question, how many pins, and what else, are you looking to house in there?

Watching this thread with interest. 👍

This is going to win the best pinshed build of all time!

Keep us updated with pics as it progresses, going to be incredible!

Are you going to have just pins or any vids/other machines too?

Good for you. That does look like an epic Grand Design project.
Will it all be for the arcade or will the building be multi purpose?
I have a plan to put a small lift in a two story building I have but only to get the pins from the first floor garage down to the same level as the pin shed.

This is going to win the best pinshed build of all time!

Keep us updated with pics as it progresses, going to be incredible!

Are you going to have just pins or any vids/other machines too?
And yet they still wouldn't win any competition run by HLD. Fill it with pool tables and bars and you might be in with a chance.

Wow that’s insane can’t imagine the cost! This will just be for pins? Or will have other uses as well?

For that location you have to be looking at Solar and heat pump.

Will be interested to see what the architects have come up with for the building details.

That looks absolutely amazing.

There have been some great pinshed builds on here, but this is on another (mezzanine?) level!

If it's not an impolite question, how many pins, and what else, are you looking to house in there?

Watching this thread with interest. 👍
Thanks, although as I just said to @Dave Bishop , talking about it is one thing, actaully building it is another.
Just under 60 - after 25 years, I manged to finally complete the B/W DMD +2K set.
The idea is to lay them out in the order they were made - we'll see.
Just pinball currently, although I may hang some prints of Agnetha Faltskog.

Looks fantastic, I am looking to do a similar thing so will watch with great interest, my problem seems to be finding machines to fill it 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom