What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball At The Hall 2014

DrPinball

Registered
Hi

For the second year I'm taking my machines to the local village hall in Appleton Thorn, Warrington. Details as follows:

Appleton Thorn Village Hall,
Stretton Road
Appleton Thorn
Warrington
WA4 4RT

Saturday, 27th September, from 7.30pm
Sunday, 28th September, 1.00pm to 4.00pm.

The hall has a well stocked bar serving draft real ale. There will be a buffet on the Saturday, and a high score competition. Machines will be on pay-per-play with proceeds going to the village charity.

Machines to play are...
Twilight Zone
Addams Family
Getaway HS2
The Shadow
Baywatch
+ 1 other

I'm also taking my bar top MAME cabinet.

Hope to see a few of you there. Everyone is welcome. Here's a short video of last year's event:

Cheers

David.

Reactions: RGV
Its the same weekend as another charity/pinball thing at Manchester airport, so may end up missing it again. Best of luck though David

David, would you like to have more machines there or does this hamper the space available?

David, would you like to have more machines there or does this hamper the space available?
Whilst the hall can comfortably take 10 or 12, the owners have asked to limit it to 6 machines for this year. I have 5 and I've asked @Mooseman to lend a machine too as he lives close to me.

Righto. I could have offered one or two if you wanted them was all...

Thanks a lot for the offer - we'll see how this year goes and maybe up it for next time. Thinking about it, the reason they gave for 6 was to do with the amount of time to shift the machines as the bar is open from 1-4 on Sunday and they have to be out after then to allow the bar to open at 7pm.

I'm going to see the guy at the hall tonight so I'll maybe mention it again.

OK, up to you/them Dave. If you do, I'd need to ask @replicas anyway if he can fit one in the van as I have no pin moving transport, sorry.

This is lovely, @DrPinball! Top idea! Proceeds to charity, plus a welcome revenue stream for the village hall bar.

This has given me ideas... I'm going to take one, hopefully, two of my pins to the school Christmas Fair this year which raises money for the school fund. Must remember to get them PAT tested. But a little charity do at the village hall is a wonderful idea. 6 pins would be ideal.

Out of interest how do you do the pay-to-play? Do your pins have working coins mechs?

Out of interest how do you do the pay-to-play? Do your pins have working coins mechs?

All but one of the pins have coin mechs. For the remaining pin without a mechanism we put an honesty box next to the machine! It seemed to work last year - @Mooseman 's Jokerz took quite a few quid with no coin mech, as I remember.

This is lovely, @DrPinball! Top idea! Proceeds to charity, plus a welcome revenue stream for the village hall bar.

I'm only doing it again this year because it was such a laugh last time - everyone had a great time, with people who had never played getting into it and really enjoying the games and the atmosphere. I think I also had quite a few beers!

May be able to make Saturday evening this year :) But not until about 9pm. What time is it planned to go on until?

May be able to make Saturday evening this year :) But not until about 9pm. What time is it planned to go on until?
I think the bar officially closes at 11.00pm, but I seem to remember being there until at least 1.00am :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing some of you at 'Pinball at the Hall' over the weekend. I just received 2 pairs of tickets for Sunday's NLP / Play Expo - these will be the prizes on our high score machine. Many thanks to Mark Robinson and NLP for supporting our event!

Should be there Sat night. Anyone on route needs a pickup, let me know.
John , I'm up for that.
Can't make the Airport do with having to work but the evening is mine.
Let me know a rough time you will be passing.

John , I'm up for that.
Can't make the Airport do with having to work but the evening is mine.
Let me know a rough time you will be passing.

No problem Daz, will be good to catch up. Get to yours for 6.45 - 7.00 (ish)?

Back
Top Bottom