What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Artworks Restored, Reproductions, Graphical Mods and Customizations

"The Lord of the Rings Left Custom Pinball Apron" in develop project by Mikonos
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Left%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Mikonos1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Right Custom Pinball Apron" in develop project by Mikonos
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Right%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Mikonos1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Centre Custom Pinball Apron" in develop project by Mikonos
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Centre%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Mikonos1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron" in develop project by Mikonos
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Phase 1: I ordered to print all in vinyl with gloss protective lamination. Golden details were removed in this phase.

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron" in production process. By Mikonos
LOTR%20Custom%20Aprons%20Phase1.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Hello there!

Sadly I don't have access to a hand scanner and I know that should be the ideal. For the circular decals, it has the same size of the saucer cap (which I have some spares here), so I've traced it in a paper, and scanned it as a tiff (600 dpi) image.

For some reason I can't attach .tiff files here, so I created a folder in my Google Drive and stored all images (and the scan) there, both images in HEIC and TIFF image formats are there, if you can take a look into it.

I've tried to measure all as best I can, and can (re)measure it if needed.

The link for Google Drive its this one.

Maybe this can be useful to @Andy B also (if his not got the decals elsewhere yet).

Cheers,

Anderson

Hello there!

Sadly I don't have access to a hand scanner and I know that should be the ideal. For the circular decals, it has the same size of the saucer cap (which I have some spares here), so I've traced it in a paper, and scanned it as a tiff (600 dpi) image.

For some reason I can't attach .tiff files here, so I created a folder in my Google Drive and stored all images (and the scan) there, both images in HEIC and TIFF image formats are there, if you can take a look into it.

I've tried to measure all as best I can, and can (re)measure it if needed.

The link for Google Drive its this one.

Maybe this can be useful to @Andy B also (if his not got the decals elsewhere yet).

Cheers,

Anderson

I´m here again! (I was restoring arcade artworks for an operator than opened an arcade salon today and he absorved my all my free time)

I saw photos!

Well, I have not problem in restore all pinball and arcade artwork sof the world with independence of time to complete them or how hard they are, but I have a really problem with colour match if I have not originals. This is the reason because I don´t accept to restored and reproduce "some" of this kind of works for now, becasue, when I repro them without original there will be not a perfect colour match and I will have to read complaints.

Why I say "some"? Because I repro this kind of work succesfully (I will show them ahead), but with this conditions:

1) I need the original or a sample colours.
2) User will pay all colours match test to find right colours.

What happend at the end? One or both conditions are not fulfilled.

With Attack From Mars Inserts we have a complex situation, because I need a "Indigo print machine" (I know a company that have it. I saw it in person) for to print a consistente white ink in transparent mylar, it has this work more expensive. But, eh!, I have not problem to do this work, I have no fear, but if we will do this effort, we will do it well.

Best regards

Mikonos

Last edited:
Howdy again @Mikonos,

Okay, so, if we decide to go ahead, what we need now ?

The first thing I need from you is your best. I that way I will need scans files. Don´t use a hand scan machine, it produce distortions. You will need spend money and to buy and scan machine.

Other option is to order a playfield scan in a shop. 300 dpi and tiff format. I scan at 600 dpi for myself.

No way using photos, in this case in special.

Greetings

Last edited:
Phase 2: I ordered to cut all golden details of custom aprons in metallic coloured vinyl.

"The Lord of the Rings Custom Pinball Apron - Golden Details" in production process. By Mikonos
LOTR%20Custom%20Aprons%20Phase2.%20Mikonos1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron" printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination without golden details and precut for now (you can see place marks for phase 3 - precut). Photo 1.
LOTR%20Custom%20Aprons%20Phase1%20print1.JPG

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron" printed in vinyl with gloss protective lamination without golden details and precut for now (you can see place marks for phase 3 - precut). Photo 2.
LOTR%20Custom%20Aprons%20Phase1%20print2.JPG

"The Lord of the Rings Centre Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 1).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Centre%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Centre Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 2).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Centre%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print2.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Centre Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 3).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Centre%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print3.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Right Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 1).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Right%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Right Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 2).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Right%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print2.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Right Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 3).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Right%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print3.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Left Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 1).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Left%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Left Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 2).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Left%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print2.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Left Custom Pinball Apron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 3).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Left%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20print3.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Barad-dûr" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 1).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Barad-dur%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Barad-dûr" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 2).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Barad-dur%20print2.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Barad-dûr" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 3).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Barad-dur%20print3.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Sauron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 1).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Sauron%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Sauron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 2).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Sauron%20print2.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Sauron" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 3).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Sauron%20print3.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Frodo" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 1).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Frodo%20print1.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Frodo" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 2).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Frodo%20print2.jpg

"The Lord of the Rings Shooter Custom Pinball Apron - Frodo" (STERN) printed in off-set vinyl with glossy protective lamination, golden details and precut (photo 3).
The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings%20Shooter%20Custom%20Pinball%20Apron%20Frodo%20print3.jpg

User who I designed these custom aprons sent me some photos:

"The Lord Of The Rings Pinball" (STERN) with apron cards customized by Mikonos (by Seraph user - photo 1).
Lord%20of%20The%20Rigns%20Pinball%20Cards%20Mikonos%20seraph%20photo1.jpg

"The Lord Of The Rings Pinball" (STERN) with apron cards customized by Mikonos (by Seraph user - photo 2).
Lord%20of%20The%20Rigns%20Pinball%20Cards%20Mikonos%20seraph%20photo2.jpg

"The Lord Of The Rings Pinball" (STERN) with apron cards customized by Mikonos (by Seraph user - photo 3).
Lord%20of%20The%20Rigns%20Pinball%20Cards%20Mikonos%20seraph%20photo3.jpg

"The Lord Of The Rings Pinball" (STERN) with apron cards customized by Mikonos (by Seraph user - photo 4).
Lord%20of%20The%20Rigns%20Pinball%20Cards%20Mikonos%20seraph%20photo4.jpg

He told me this:

I ve received today the customs apron decals and they are amazing.

The gold vinyle is realy good and the ring is incredible.

the quality of the print also ..

Greetings!

Last edited:
Nice one!

Hows the new r-type updated colour cpo coming?? :)

Hi myPinballs!

Nice to greet you!

Problem with R-Type CPO was than I tried to redo original halftone extracting original CMYK grades because it was needed to erase NINTENDO Logo from Side Art. Side Art is the point to restore original control panel. I tried with 4 classic configuration for rosette pattern but it not works. I have original CPO but it is so much deteriored to work with it

I show the problem with Nintendo Logo:

"R-Type Side Art" (NINTENDO) arcade artwork. Restored Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
R-type%20Side%20Art.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Rosette CMYK problem=It is not a classical colour rosette, it is a concentric big rosette around white dot. It seems an exclusive Nintendo print method.

Details "R-Type Side Art" (NINTENDO) arcade artwork. Restored Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
R-type%20Side%20Art.%20Restored%20Mikonos3.jpg

I´m expert restorer and I tried to go further with this, but I haven´t this knowledge for now.

What do you think?

Greetings!

"Indiana Jones Pinball - Lost Plastic" (Williams) in restoration process by Mikonos.
2foi.jpg

"Lost Plastic - Indiana Jones", artwork pinball in restoration process. By Mikonos.
9mj7.jpg

"Indiana Jones - The Lost Plastic" (WIlliams). Restored by Mikonos & Zona Arcade.
Indiana%20Jones%20Pinball%20Lost%20Plastic.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

"Lost Plastic - Indiana Jones Pinball" (Williams) restored and remastered by Mikonos. Ready for Print!
Indiana%20Jones%20Pinball%20Lost%20Plastic.%20Restored%20Mikonos3.jpg

"Indiana Jones - Lost Plastic" restoration comparative for Williams Pinball. By Mikonos.
Indiana%20Jones%20Pinball%20Lost%20Plastic.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg

All "The Addams Family Pinball Plastics" (BALLY) in restoration by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
The%20Addams%20Family%20Pinball%20Plastics.%20In%20restoration%20Mikonos1.jpg

"Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Translite" repro printed in Super HQ Backlite (photo 1).
Star%20Trek%20the%20Next%20Generation%20Pinball%20Translite%20Juan%20print1.jpg

"Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Translite" printed in Super HQ Backlite (photo 2).
Star%20Trek%20the%20Next%20Generation%20Pinball%20Translite%20Juan%20print2.jpg

"Star Trek the Next Generation Pinball Translite" printed in Super HQ Backlite (photo 3).
Star%20Trek%20the%20Next%20Generation%20Pinball%20Translite%20Juan%20print3.jpg

You can check restoration details here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-5#post-326786

Greetings!

Can you make some better apron decals for stranger things pro ? As the ones on it suck balls

"Transporter The Rescue Space Ship Decals" (BALLY / MIDWAY) in restoration by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Transporter%20The%20Rescue%20Space%20Ship%20Decals.%20In%20Restoration%20Mikonos1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom