What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Artworks Restored, Reproductions, Graphical Mods and Customizations

Ok, scan your damages inserts and I will try.

Regards
You need a scan of the damaged inserts on my machine?

Any particular resolution and format?

If I take photo with my iPhone will that be good enough?

Presumably you want a photo with ruler in it to show insert dimensions too?

Am I annoying you with all these dumb questions?

You need a scan of the damaged inserts on my machine?

Any particular resolution and format?

If I take photo with my iPhone will that be good enough?

Presumably you want a photo with ruler in it to show insert dimensions too?

Am I annoying you with all these dumb questions?

Yes, I need you scan them at 300 dpi in tiff or png or bmp.

Do you think I can be accuracy as you need with photos?

Regards

Sorry, the actual damaged inserts on my machine? Some of them are badly worn away so the decal is incomplete. Confused 😊

The delta between you guys is whether the current inserts are complete enough to be able to touch up to get to original condition. Sounds like they are not. Scanning an original or "good quality" machine sounds like a better option to me

Thanks (didn't know they even existed!).

Think I better put a call out on the group see if someone can do this for me - might be quicker than trying to source a scanner and then trying to source a "nice" RFM to scan.

Now I'm totally confused. How is it possible to "scan" a playfield?

Almost all scan machine works to scan your playfield. You will need to get the rignt space to apply it.

I have hundreds of examples, scanned playfields among them:

Artwork pinball "Monster Bash Table" (Williams) escanned ata 600 dpi for restoration by Mikonos & Zona Arcade.
Monster%20Bash%20Table%20Display.%20In%20Restoration%20Mikonos.jpg

Regards

Last edited:
The delta between you guys is whether the current inserts are complete enough to be able to touch up to get to original condition. Sounds like they are not. Scanning an original or "good quality" machine sounds like a better option to me

The best option is to get a perfect conditon insert scan files from other table, in this way I would focuse to reproduce them: a little restoration, precut designing and colour match.

Regards

Finished!

"BayWatch Pinball Translite" (SEGA). Scanned at 600 dpi and restored by Mikonos & Zona Arcade.
Baywatch%20Translite.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "BayWatch Translite" for SEGA) pinball. Scanned at 600 dpi and restored by Mikonos & Zona Arcade.
Baywatch%20Translite.%20Restored%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "BayWatch Pinball Translite" (SEGA). Scanned at 600 dpi and restored by Mikonos & Zona Arcade.
Baywatch%20Translite.%20Restored%20Mikonos3.jpg

“All Target Decals for Batman Forever Pinball” (SEGA) compiled. Restored by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
Batman%20Forever%20Pinball%20All%20Targets.%20Restored%20Mikonos1.jpg

Original “Fish Tales Inserts” (wILLIAMS). NOS artwork acquired for Zona Arcade & Mikonos (photo 1).
fishtalesinserts2mikono.jpg

Original “Fish Tales Inserts” (wILLIAMS). NOS artwork acquired for Zona Arcade & Mikonos (photo 2).
fishtalesinserts1mikono.jpg

Artwork "Star Wars pinball - Plunger Plastic Desing" (Data East) restored by Mikonos for Zona Arcade.
starwarsplungerart.jpg

Details in "Star Wars pinball - Plunger Plastic Desing" (Data East) restored by Mikonos for Zona Arcade.
starwarsplungerart2.jpg

"Star Wars Trilogy Interior Side Arts / Blades" designed by Mikonos and printed in vinyl with rough protective lamination (photo 1).
Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20Pinball%20Interior%20Side%20Arts%20print1.JPG

"Star Wars Trilogy Interior Side Arts / Blades" designed by Mikonos and printed in vinyl with rough protective lamination (photo 2).
Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20Pinball%20Interior%20Side%20Arts%20print2.JPG

"Star Wars Trilogy Interior Side Arts / Blades" designed by Mikonos and printed in vinyl with rough protective lamination (photo 3).
Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20Pinball%20Interior%20Side%20Arts%20print3.JPG

"Star Wars Trilogy Interior Side Arts / Blades" designed by Mikonos and printed in vinyl with rough protective lamination (photo 4).
Star%20Wars%20Trilogy%20Pinball%20Interior%20Side%20Arts%20print4.JPG

You can check my original designings and details here:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-3#post-314318

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...s-and-customizations.43376/page-3#post-314766

I hope you like!:)

Regards

Artwork "Indiana Jones - Lost Plastic" (Williams) in restoration process by Mikonos.
2foi.jpg

Hi,

we discussed you producing some replacement playfield inserts for my Revenge From Mars but you needed hi-res scans.

I managed to take some photographs of a good playfield today using my iPhone 11 and I wonder if these will be hi-res enough.

I’ll post them up after this post but I am thinking you won’t be able to use the ones that are uploaded on this site and I will need to email you pdfs?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy B!

The problem to work with photos is the lack of accuracy (sizes and drawings). Al inserts have an irregular drawing. All these have to be precise for to fit in their places. I can try with one insert but not with five o six, even I will have to draw laser and weird fire drawings that have a complex dot pattern, and all this work from photos. It will be a lot of effort for a poor result in accuracy terms. We have to add colour match difficulties at the end of the restoration process.

I need to work with scans in this case.

Best regards

Wow!

My favourite movie of all time depicted in a pinball game.

Hopefully I can pop in for a game if I’m ever in your neighbourhood Dude (or is it El Duderino?)?

Back
Top Bottom