What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Artworks Restored, Reproductions, Graphical Mods and Customizations

Mikonos

Registered
Introduction about me: I´m Mikonos and I´m 19 year old in arcade and pinball hobby. I´m the webmaster of a fansite called "Zona Arcade. Construye, Restaura y Decora tu Máquina Arcade y Pinball" (14 years old) too. I always had same nickname. I´m a fan and a huge collector of arcade and pinball cabinets, and other items related. Some year ago I realized that I like so much to restore and customized artwork, it is my main entertainment. I think I´m good at working with design programs.

I´m not a shop and I´m not working in a printshop! Sorry for it! I´m only a fan. I learned all about design and print materials by myself, I´m always looking for volunteers for testing of my new mods and ideas, I look for new restoration challenges and more. If you have a good idea about a mod for your pinball, tell me and I will try to make it a reality. I work designing and restoring for free because it is fun for me!

Mi contact mail: midasororey@yahoo.es

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The point of this thread is to show my customized/restoration/reproduction work. No more, no less. Don´t ask me for printing in this thread , I´m not a shop. Use my mail or private message if you want to ask me for something or for my help. Mail: midasororey@yahoo.es

2) I restore all kind of artworks. I did/do/will do for my own entertainment. If I ever restore some piece for you, you will not push me to finished it in a time interval that you want. I´m faster, but not Superman.

3) I will share pieces by my own criterion. Reason: Avoid business with my work.

*I do big screenshots. To see details, download them.

Note: Is you are not interested in this thread, avoid it, Thanks!

Alien cab measures in "X-Files Pinball" by SEGA.
X-Files%20alien%20cab%20mod.jpg

"X-Files Alien Cab Graphic Mod" by Mikonos.
X-Files%20Alien%20Cab%20Graphic%20Mod%20Display.%20Mikonos.jpg

X-Files Alien Cab Graphic Mod printed in transparent inverted vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
X-Files%20Alien%20Cab%20Graphic%20Mod%20print1.JPG

X-Files Alien Cab Graphic Mod printed in transparent inverted vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
X-Files%20Alien%20Cab%20Graphic%20Mod%20print2.JPG

Nice I doubt that many if any mods exist for xfiles , would like to see more pics of it fitted, I suppose as it is now the toy is not standing out at all

Nice work

Ronnie

Mikonos did my JM cabinet decals, they were good quality and good value. He may not be a shop, but he does sell this stuff and won't let you have the artwork files.

Hi insx!

Nice to read you!

Yes, I remember you artwork! Thanks for your comment about my work!:)

Let me do an appreciation, when you requested me about "Johnny Mnemonic Exterior Pinball Decals", I told you that I have no problem in to order a copy for you. In fact, I haven´t stock. You told it, I´m not a shop and because I´m not a shop, you got a "good value", in your own words, for your new decals.

Now, Let my add something by me: My restoration work are very, very hardworked, I never see such accuracy (you will see it) and because I spend a lot of time doing my best, I order for my users, not for my costumers, the best quality available in printshops. For example, your copy had all this features:

- Polymeric vinyl
- 16 slices inkjet
- latex inks
- U.V. protective lamination

I don´t sell my stuff and I don´t sell my files (but I exchange all of them), you saw my restoration work about JM Decals and you wrote me at my mail asking for it, and I offer to you to order a copy. You don´t see a selling thread, you saw a restoration and reproduction work by me showed in a regular thread. Did you see the difference?;)

Sorry for deeping in this question, but is important for me.

Best regards

I bought them from you, I have no Idea if you made a profit or just did it for love. I got good decals at a good price so I'm happy.

I think when you say you just do this as a hobby people find it hard to understand why you don't share. I just wanted to point out that money will have to change hands here.

No, it is not hard to undestand. Let´s see, read the point 3 in first post.

Regards

I like to show artwork in first page of my thread. You gave me idea for the next post.

This was material from I stated.

"Johnny Mnemonic Pinball Decals" (Williams) in restoration process by Mikonos.
cbuq.jpg

Last edited:
"Johnny Mnemomic Left Side Art Decal" assembling process of scan files at 600 dpi by Mikonos.
wxjb.jpg

"Johnny Mnemonic Side Art Decals" (WILLIAMS PINBALL) in restoration process by Mikonos.
qg0e.jpg

Last edited:
Pinball Decal "Johnny Mnemonic Left Side Art" restored by Mikonos and ready for print.
Johnny%20Mnemonic%20Main%20Side%20Left%20display1.jpg

"Johnny Mnemonic Left Side Art Decal" restoration comparative by Mikonos.
Johnny%20Mnemonic%20Head%20Box%20Left%20display2.jpg

This is the part of hobby (arcade and Pinball) that I like the most and I like to show it and to get new challenges and people interested in my skills.:)

When I said "the part" is because I cultivated/cultivate other parts. I have more that one hundred of tutorial and videotutorials (you will find them in youtube) speaking about arcade and pinball hobby. In Fact, at this moment, I´m writting a kind of book called "Basics of Zona Arcade" in my site.

Regards

Anyone else finding it hard to understand why the OP is actually posting about...........

This was an on going issue on pinside with his hijacking of threads, looks like he’s migrated here from pinside, but at least he’s started his own threads here.

I would suggest that you make the target marks optional on the cabinet decals. They stick out past the legs and don't look great, even though you might have put them there for maximum authenticity.

Last edited:
Target marks are part of originals, you can check them in comparative samples.

Regards

"Johnny Mnemonic Head Box Side Art Decal" (Left) miniatura. Restored by Mikonos.
1c23.jpg

Comparative in restoration of "Johnny Mnemonic Head Box Side Art Decal" (Left). By Mikonos.
e7wn.jpg

Target marks are part of originals, you can check them in comparative samples.

Regards

Yes but they look better without them, hence why I think they should be optional and this is not original, right?

1564132367676.png

It is original because it was in original designing, maybe not in author´s artwork, but yes in final and serial artwork.

Marks are hidden so long by pinball legs.

I respect your opinon, of course!

Regard

It is original because it was in original designing, maybe not in author´s artwork, but yes in final and serial artwork.
Marks are hidden so long by pinball legs.
I respect your opinon, of course!

They are not quite covered:

1564133388661.png

Yes, this is as the original but if I asked you to remove them, would you?

How is your "a little performance" white target like the original?

My performance is in side art decals, not in front art decal. Look:

Johnny%20Mnemony%20Pinball%20Front%20Art%20scan.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom