What's new

Found it! Pinball around £1,000-1,200

ben76

Registered
Hi all,

It appears I may have space for a pinball...... So what's out there guys. Can't be a wideboy due to my doorways.

Looking to spend around a grand possibly a bit more for the right table. Preferably something with some good features things like getaway, LW3 or Dracula. Nice and fast with good gameplay.

Anyway, LMK what's out there

Cheers

- Ben

Don't forget the head is the same size on a widebody as on a standard width machine, and that is the widest part that is an issue with doorways.

I'm interested in this point. I was under the impression if you managed to fit a standard body through a doorway all wide bodies would go through too, is that correct ?

I'm interested in this point. I was under the impression if you managed to fit a standard body through a doorway all wide bodies would go through too, is that correct ?
Yes, well I suppose if you had really narrow doorways it could be an issue :)

I have to remove and rotate the head to get it through my doorways. I suppose it could be done but a massive pita as I can put the legs on a "normal" one for easy lifting and sit the head on the glass to go through the doors. A wideboy would mean possibly lying it on its side with no legs on? Never really thought about it tbh.

Anyway what's out there! :p

- Ben

Basically something the same width as getaway and south park as that's what's in there now. Both have to have their box taken off to go through the doorway

- Ben

At your budget you are probably looking at a Getaway, Indi 500, Blackrose, FT, JB, JD which are all DMD and good starter tables

This is such a noob conversation. @ben76 , you just need to start thinking about how you are going to increase the size of your doorway :tut:.

This is such a noob conversation. @ben76 , you just need to start thinking about how you are going to increase the size of your doorway :tut:.
lol...I have a doorway widening planned too, not to allow a pin to fit through but so I can get another pin in the room and not block the doorway.

lol...I have a doorway widening planned too, not to allow a pin to fit through but so I can get another pin in the room and not block the doorway.

I rest my case Kev, no sane pinhead would be defeated by doorway under any circumstances :thumbs:

Hi all,

It appears I may have space for a pinball...... So what's out there guys. Can't be a wideboy due to my doorways.

Looking to spend around a grand possibly a bit more for the right table. Preferably something with some good features things like getaway, LW3 or Dracula. Nice and fast with good gameplay.

Anyway, LMK what's out there

Cheers

- Ben
I know someone who has got a LW3 for sale£850

Should be able to get a shadow for around this price
Darren if you can point me in the direction of a Shadow for £1200 I'm looking for the next resto project and struggling to find something that takes my eye. For that matter a FT or an illusive White Water Would be great also :thumbs::thumbs:

Would even super wide body's like paragon and space invaders go through a do that a normal backbox would go thru?

In theory no, as the cabinet is nearly as wide as the backbox (28 1/2 inches and 30 1/2 inches) , but don't forget that the head comes off easily on an early SS bally so you can wheel the cabinet and backbox in separately and sideways to get through a narrow door.

At your budget you are probably looking at a Getaway, Indi 500, Blackrose, FT, JB, JD which are all DMD and good starter tables
The space is actually coming from someone offering to buy my getaway which I love but it needs a repair and the room its in means a lot of work to get to to get the glass off so as it needs moving I thought I'd have a change. The buyer knows about the fault btw. I'm not a massive fan of the other tables so are there any others in that price bracket?

Unfortunately it's a council house however in the 3rd bedroom that is a box room there are 2 pinballs and an arcade machine so I've not done too bad :D

I know someone who has got a LW3 for sale£850
As much as I like LW3 I think I'd prefer something else but thanks for the offer as I want to try to replace like for like if you get me :)

Cheers

- Ben

Back
Top Bottom