What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Pinball around £1,000-1,200

ben76

Registered
Hi all,

It appears I may have space for a pinball...... So what's out there guys. Can't be a wideboy due to my doorways.

Looking to spend around a grand possibly a bit more for the right table. Preferably something with some good features things like getaway, LW3 or Dracula. Nice and fast with good gameplay.

Anyway, LMK what's out there

Cheers

- Ben

Don't forget the head is the same size on a widebody as on a standard width machine, and that is the widest part that is an issue with doorways.

I'm interested in this point. I was under the impression if you managed to fit a standard body through a doorway all wide bodies would go through too, is that correct ?

I'm interested in this point. I was under the impression if you managed to fit a standard body through a doorway all wide bodies would go through too, is that correct ?
Yes, well I suppose if you had really narrow doorways it could be an issue :)

I have to remove and rotate the head to get it through my doorways. I suppose it could be done but a massive pita as I can put the legs on a "normal" one for easy lifting and sit the head on the glass to go through the doors. A wideboy would mean possibly lying it on its side with no legs on? Never really thought about it tbh.

Anyway what's out there! :p

- Ben

Basically something the same width as getaway and south park as that's what's in there now. Both have to have their box taken off to go through the doorway

- Ben

At your budget you are probably looking at a Getaway, Indi 500, Blackrose, FT, JB, JD which are all DMD and good starter tables

This is such a noob conversation. @ben76 , you just need to start thinking about how you are going to increase the size of your doorway :tut:.

This is such a noob conversation. @ben76 , you just need to start thinking about how you are going to increase the size of your doorway :tut:.
lol...I have a doorway widening planned too, not to allow a pin to fit through but so I can get another pin in the room and not block the doorway.

lol...I have a doorway widening planned too, not to allow a pin to fit through but so I can get another pin in the room and not block the doorway.

I rest my case Kev, no sane pinhead would be defeated by doorway under any circumstances :thumbs:

Hi all,

It appears I may have space for a pinball...... So what's out there guys. Can't be a wideboy due to my doorways.

Looking to spend around a grand possibly a bit more for the right table. Preferably something with some good features things like getaway, LW3 or Dracula. Nice and fast with good gameplay.

Anyway, LMK what's out there

Cheers

- Ben
I know someone who has got a LW3 for sale£850

Should be able to get a shadow for around this price
Darren if you can point me in the direction of a Shadow for £1200 I'm looking for the next resto project and struggling to find something that takes my eye. For that matter a FT or an illusive White Water Would be great also :thumbs::thumbs:

Would even super wide body's like paragon and space invaders go through a do that a normal backbox would go thru?

In theory no, as the cabinet is nearly as wide as the backbox (28 1/2 inches and 30 1/2 inches) , but don't forget that the head comes off easily on an early SS bally so you can wheel the cabinet and backbox in separately and sideways to get through a narrow door.

At your budget you are probably looking at a Getaway, Indi 500, Blackrose, FT, JB, JD which are all DMD and good starter tables
The space is actually coming from someone offering to buy my getaway which I love but it needs a repair and the room its in means a lot of work to get to to get the glass off so as it needs moving I thought I'd have a change. The buyer knows about the fault btw. I'm not a massive fan of the other tables so are there any others in that price bracket?

Unfortunately it's a council house however in the 3rd bedroom that is a box room there are 2 pinballs and an arcade machine so I've not done too bad :D

I know someone who has got a LW3 for sale£850
As much as I like LW3 I think I'd prefer something else but thanks for the offer as I want to try to replace like for like if you get me :)

Cheers

- Ben

Back
Top Bottom