What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payment Questions?

Some buyers think cash gives them an advantage in deals. Personally I’d far prefer bank transfers but I guess it’s easier to hide the cost of pins from partners if you deal in cash rather than a transfer that goes in and out of a joint account.
And for certain dealers on here (no names mentioned) they can keep the transaction off the taxman's radar

Martin's timescales depend on where you live in relation to his planned trips and his own home. We don't live too far away from him (an hour roughly) and hence he usually delivers on his way back home. No storage involved. Martin is the best.

Personal experience:

As others have said you'll get a feel for people here, trustworthy members are generally site supporters and we're such a small community any scams are quick to get around and known about.

For me Martin is generally the way to go for deliveries, I just swapped a machine and renting a van (not factoring in petrol costs plus the travel time and hassle/stress of getting the game) was going to be £90 from my local place. I'd rather support Martin who is a professional and always takes care of the games delivering them. If a van rental is cheaper and you're willing to get a game, it is always an option though, I have done this maybe a handful of times where it has worked out more economical or there has been a long wait for Martin for some reason. His availability varies on a huge amount of factors like where you are, where his route for that week is, what you want shifting etc. I'm lucky that I live fairly central to the country so often he is passing this way on his way to somewhere else.

And yes, online banking 100% - I have on very rare occasions taken cash for a game where either the buyer has insisted on it or it has been a very cheap game (those days are gone!). The security is you know its there and can see it, whereas otherwise you are putting a lot of trust in what might be a stranger to give you thousands for your game. Also the hassle of trying to get that money into the bank if its a lot.

Back
Top Bottom