What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payment Questions?

Martin told me he was being more careful during the COVID crisis, avoiding going indoors etc but that was a while ago so not sure if he’s got more flexible now?

Martin was being cautious at the start of the year and not going into houses. I wasn’t sure this week what to expect so i moved both my collection pins out to the porch for him and he then left the one he dropped off for me there as he clearly thought I didn’t want people in my house which was kinda true as my wife has health issues and we’re being very cautious. But, saying that, he then went above and beyond for my buyer and not only took it into the house but stayed and helped the guy put the legs on and get the balls in. He then text me to let me know he’d delivered it and helped the guy. Martin is one of the nicest guys you’ll meet in this hobby and treats all the machines as if they were his own. Thats why everyone uses him! As a result he’s constantly busy so just bare that in mind and expect to wait for delivery.

Nothing beats the first time your Mrs says ‘what the hell do you mean you’ve transferred 5k to a guy on an Internet forum you’ve never met for something that won’t arrive for weeks and will be delivered by another guy you’ve not met. This sounds way too dodgy’
These days she doesnt even flinch apart from a sarcastic ‘another one’
🤣
I’m normally at work when Martin comes and I leave a key out and he lets himself in 😳

The honesty of a man who tells his wife that a pinball machine has cost £5k 😉

Hi Simon.

Don't rule out going to get the pin yourself. That way you can pay a deposit then bank transfer the balance on collection. I've done this 4 or 5 times.

That all depends on what biscuits you offer him and your set up. He has helped me wheel the machine up a steep and twisty path and into my log cabin. He has helped folks with stairs and certainly not just to the door step like other companies.
I have heard stories of him setting machines up for folks but he is a busy chap so let’s not keep him from the road too long.
Just let him know what you need at your end.
At the moment I believe it is different.
It also depends on:
1 - If he likes you.
2 - If he has the time.
3 - if he likes you.

Is anyone really buying or selling using cash anymore? I certainly wouldn't want to turn up to pay for a game with 5k in cash, nor for that matter receive that amount in cash

Is anyone really buying or selling using cash anymore? I certainly wouldn't want to turn up to pay for a game with 5k in cash, nor for that matter receive that amount in cash
I've seen people pay cash for used cars more than any other payment method.

Hello Wayne, hope your good mate.

On my side of it - I would rather it is done via bank transfer as due to the amount of hassle it is to pay £xK into your bank or withdraw it, I normally send £10 the night before as a test to the seller. Then next day when I am there - transfer the rest with the app on the phone. I also advise someone who buys off me to do the same. However quite a few people want to pay by cash still or deal in cash. Especially in the coin op world pre cv19.

As I would say to anyone. PLEASE CLEAN ANY MACHINE YOU BUY BEFORE PLAYING.

If your sending by bank transfer and they put the transfer on hold, don't tell the people at the bank your sending money to somebody you have never met from the internet.

They may freeze your account requiring you to go into the branch with ID to unlock it again 😁

Some folks it has to be cash. 5 figures twice this year. Good job the people at bank are on first name terms

If your sending by bank transfer and they put the transfer on hold, don't tell the people at the bank your sending money to somebody you have never met from the internet.

They may freeze your account requiring you to go into the branch with ID to unlock it again 😁
I told my bank this last night . They said we prefer you to be with the goods when we release the payment . I explained it's all ok it's some guy i only know off a forum and I've seen pictures and a guy called Martin will pick it up for me . I realised how daft it must sound as I said it .
In all seriousness if you can adequately explain what you have done to verify the person on here it should be fine .
Best bit of my call was when he said 'are you being pressured to make this payment urgently' and I said 'only because Martin is picking up on Tuesday'
He said 'oh you will have it on Tuesday then'
Not sure he understood why I was p**sing myself laughing 😂

I told my bank this last night . They said we prefer you to be with the goods when we release the payment . I explained it's all ok it's some guy i only know off a forum and I've seen pictures and a guy called Martin will pick it up for me . I realised how daft it must sound as I said it .
In all seriousness if you can adequately explain what you have done to verify the person on here it should be fine .
Best bit of my call was when he said 'are you being pressured to make this payment urgently' and I said 'only because Martin is picking up on Tuesday'
He said 'oh you will have it on Tuesday then'
Not sure he understood why I was p**sing myself laughing 😂
Yeah as I was explaining the situation, I was thinking everything I was saying must be what they cover on the first day of anti fraud training, I don't think he liked my explanation that I had spoken to the seller via email and he sounded really nice 😁 he was quite adamant I was getting scammed, froze my account and locked my internet banking :rofl:

All worked out in the end though, the people in branch were fine.

Last edited:
Won't name on here (they weren't in the wrong) but I thought the same thing cash is more hassle than anything especially when you have 6K after delivering a machine. Then if you happened to get pulled over by the cops no im not a drug dealer just sold a pinball machine lol!

Martin is fantastic and extremely helpful he will put the pin where you want even upstairs! (with help) He’s due tomorrow dropping a game off and picking one up :)

Every one I have delt with so far have wanted bank transfer which is fine with me as easiest way. Never had a issue apart from having bank account suspended by fraud team on latest purchase (like others above lol) but least the bank is looking out for you :)

Last edited:
Cash is a PITA. I sold a Pin and the buyer insisted on paying cash, I reluctantly accepted just to get the deal done. There's the worry about some of it being counterfeit, even if it's unintentionally being passed on, the worry of having such a large amount in your house (I split it up around the house, making sure I remembered where) and the worry of walking to the bank with so much money.

I took it to the bank £2k at a time for 3 days, by the 3rd day they questioned where the money was coming from. Understandably the reply from the bank clerk was "What's a Pinball table?"

I think we all know the reason people want to deal in cash.

You can take up to 10k to the post office and pay it into your bank account there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some buyers think cash gives them an advantage in deals. Personally I’d far prefer bank transfers but I guess it’s easier to hide the cost of pins from partners if you deal in cash rather than a transfer that goes in and out of a joint account.

Some buyers think cash gives them an advantage in deals. Personally I’d far prefer bank transfers but I guess it’s easier to hide the cost of pins from partners if you deal in cash rather than a transfer that goes in and out of a joint account.
Or worse they see money go in :D

What's the usual collection to delivery for Martin?
1 day to 3 weeks......

He has a van and he does runs up and own England (into Wales and occasionally Scotland). He has his brother in law as well on board so things can get taken off his van and put into his storage room or onto his brother in laws van.

He is good but if you want it next day you have to look at other options.

Martin is very good as long as you get the right Martin as there are two which is confusing to say the least.

The Martin we recommend here is on 07748 521 550.

Back
Top Bottom