What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Or Trade - HUGE vintage computer collection

I've wondered about this for a while with my retro games. Prices are ridiculous now but will they plateau/crash. Guess there's some cross over there with Pinball
It's an interesting one. Will future generations give a flying one for old stuff. How many of us now are interested in gramophones??

How long will electronics last? At some point these things will just crap out no?

Who knows. Not wanting to cast any shadows on the sale, but as it's been asked, ........whatever it's an awesome collection that deserves to stay together I'd say.

Yeah I know I'd regret. It. I have 70 odd boxed SNES games and a similar number of NES and Mega Drive games. They've become so valuable but the idea of selling them... Not sure I could pull the trigger

Yep, my rare SNES games are mainly RPG's and I can still remember most of the titles. All American Import.
Secret of Mana
Earth Bound with huge A4 guide
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 2 & 3
Secret of Evermore
Illusion of Gaia
Soul Blazer

Fun game and I think also rare was Zombies ate my Neighbours..

Unfortunately I don't have a big house and I have been collecting so much stuff, so many different types of items, vintage audio, jukeboxes, pinballs, valve radios etc that something has to give and that's the computers...

I still don't really want to split them but I will if the prices are right.

Regards

C

It's an interesting one. Will future generations give a flying one for old stuff. How many of us now are interested in gramophones??

How long will electronics last? At some point these things will just crap out no?

Who knows. Not wanting to cast any shadows on the sale, but as it's been asked, ........whatever it's an awesome collection that deserves to stay together I'd say.

This is it. Maybe the bubble will burst as those generations age and their priorities change. Just as easily it could go the other way though I guess. Star Wars figures have just got more and more pricey as time has gone on. Really tough to predict

i think this one is an absolutely nailed-on certainty. we are talking about the evolution of the digital age, these things will be gold dust in the future. they won't be remade. they're like classic sports cars or first print comics. if it's space, surely the whole lot would fit inside a couple of pinball cabinets, no?

if i had spare money and wanted to accumulate as an investment, i'd be all over this. but i haven't, and also computers hold no interest for me. seriously though, gold. dust. massively valuable and expensive as the years go by. a museum would probably pay you for this lot.

Actually I also collect Gramophones and have at least 10. Other things I have collected are :

Laserdisc player with 600 films
CED Video player with 170+ films
30+ valve radios
3 pre !955 Valve TV's
etc
etc
etc

This thread is interesting as I have a load of old computer/games stuff that is sat doing squat and somebody may well get use out of it.
Where would be the best place to sell it ?

Sinclair (multiple computers)
Commodore
Sega
PlayStation
Xbox
Most of it is still in the original boxes.

I used to have a couple of gramophones that I restored. I used to collect loads of stuff actually but the wife manages to keep me in check these days. Still got various obscure collections of things including antique turkey platters, flat irons, vintage gardening tools etc. Had to get rid of my collection of lawnmowers, including my Atco Standard :( Still got a SNES, Atari Lynx etc. Usually make a bit of money back on these things when the time comes to sell, but honestly I don't know how antiques and collectibles dealers survive in business.

What do you do with them? Just store them whilst they increase in value?

Yeah, they spent a few years in a storage unit while I was abroad and currently they're in boxes wrapped in bubble wrap. Not seen the light of day in about 6 years. I'm not really ever planning to sell them, would still like to get that Welsh Dresser at some point, but it's nice to know they are going up in value. I don't really buy things to make a profit but I always buy things on the certainty that they won't lose any value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JT.
i think this one is an absolutely nailed-on certainty. we are talking about the evolution of the digital age, these things will be gold dust in the future. they won't be remade. they're like classic sports cars or first print comics. if it's space, surely the whole lot would fit inside a couple of pinball cabinets, no?

if i had spare money and wanted to accumulate as an investment, i'd be all over this. but i haven't, and also computers hold no interest for me. seriously though, gold. dust. massively valuable and expensive as the years go by. a museum would probably pay you for this lot.
Absolutely spot on. I'm a computer person and I will say right now that a collection like what just sold is never going down in cost. £4K was a very good deal indeed for whoever bought that.

Back
Top Bottom