What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights Pinball Show 2020

Wizcat

Registered
Alias
Paul G
This is the big one! Our 10th Anniversary show. Once again we'll soon be asking for your support with pin loans, and start discussions on some of the special events we're lining up for this anniversary show. The important announcement now is simply to reserve these dates in your calendar, and book your tickets in advance!

We'll be at the Bowlers Exhibition Centre in Manchester, on the weekend of 9th/10th May 2020.

If you're already on our mailing list then you'll have had notification about the event, and the opportunity to buy very generously discounted tickets. If you're *not* yet on our mailing list, then now is a good time, as we'll send back a link for a 10% discount on ticket prices, just for signing up. It's a spam free mailing list which we only use a couple of times in the year just to promote our event. We're GDPR compliant and all that, so if you want to unregister later, then that's hassle free too.

Buying your tickets from us is a real help towards our efforts to raise money for charities and good causes. Please help spread the word to anyone you think may be interested. With your help we've raised over £35,000 to date

Link to tickets is www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone
To get a 10% discount, then sign up to the mailing list first : http://www.ukpinball.com/email-signup/

Thanks!

Last edited:
To get a 10% discount, then sign up to the mailing list first : http://www.ukpinball.com/email-signup/

Thanks!
Hi Paul, trie to join mailing list but I'm already on it apparently, but not got a 10% discount code through? I've updated my profile now to say I'm happy to receive emails from the group. Is there any way to trigger off the resend please?

Hi Paul, trie to join mailing list but I'm already on it apparently, but not got a 10% discount code through? I've updated my profile now to say I'm happy to receive emails from the group. Is there any way to trigger off the resend please?
Sent you a message! Cheers

Hopefully won't be the case for your event but just a heads up about that place, the security and organisation at the venue is not great, infact it was pretty shambolic. I was there in 2018 and they couldn't have done a worse job. I got what I went for but lots of folks had serious issues with security and it didn't cater well for disabled folks. I'm off to New York that weekend for the NYCPC the following weekend.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/for-love-sci-fi-bowlers-13986289

There used to be a computer market there every Saturday - parking & queuing to get in was always a problem. It's not the most inspiring of venues either, catering was woeful (but I've not been for a couple of years), but the Trafford Centre is about a mile and a half away. Still looking forward to it.

I've just checked the map - there should be a tram stop not far outside the venue, so parking there could be a possibility - opening date is 'early 2020'

Hopefully won't be the case for your event but just a heads up about that place, the security and organisation at the venue is not great, infact it was pretty shambolic. I was there in 2018 and they couldn't have done a worse job. I got what I went for but lots of folks had serious issues with security and it didn't cater well for disabled folks. I'm off to New York that weekend for the NYCPC the following weekend.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/for-love-sci-fi-bowlers-13986289

Just to add to this....the guys that run that particular event (For the love of SciFi) and various other events have significantly upped their game since the one that @Neil McRae attended. I've been to events they have run at this location the past couple of years and they have been fine.

HOWEVER - the parking at the venue is very limited. Also, as @Neil McRae mentioned, its not great for disabled visitors. Also, if this event is going to be packed full of visitors, its going to get very cosy in there!

I'm already signed up to the mailing list but I don't seem to have received anything via e-mail confirming what the 10% discount code is.

Could someone help me out please?

(Only e-mail i've got is the one for last years show - i'm presuming the code has changed?)

At least I know exactly where it is now with the map at the top. I used to go to an auction room off Guinness Road so have been nearly past it before; auction moved about 5 years ago.

I got the 15% discount code that was valid for about 4 days at start of December, but not the 10% one. Haven't decided yet if I'll just go on the Saturday like last year, or will attend both days for the first time.

I think this place used to be a club back in the 90s? Or is it a different place?

I'm down, great excuse to see the family in the NW 🙂

Yes, same place. Those Asylum nights were abit mad.

Have a few DE titles I could bring, but often have work contracts away from home in summer. Star Trek, Hook and Rocky and Bullwinkle(great music!) for the maybe list?

Lets get half a dozen of them all next to each other.
We can call it the Poibug Free zone!!

Back
Top Bottom