What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights 2014 Tickets now on sale.

Tired................ very tired.
But what a blast of a weekend, thanks to all who made it happen. All the pinball loaders without who we would not have a show.
To dismantle your pride and joy and transport it to the venue, let all those people enjoy playing it then do it all again in reverse.
A BIG. thank you from all the NLP.
Great to see all the usual suspects and meet up with some of the guys on here, @mark9 , @kevlar and @mission65 to name a few.
All the comments I am reading are all positive which is great, you dont know how good that makes us all feel, it makes it all worth while.
Totally knackered and need my bed so will save till tomorrow.
Thanks to all who came to the show and enjoyed a cracking weekend of pinball.
You guys rock.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
D.

Big thanks to all the NLP guys and anyone else who helped to make this an awesome weekend. Thanks also to all those that pledged machines, what a great lineup. Great to put all lot of faces to forum names, probably met even more but didn't realise who you were :). Can't wait till next year.
Great to meet you Kevlar - til next time.......

Huge thanks again for the use of your table Kev. Your FT is just beautiful inside and out, and your generosity was really really appreciated. Thanks :) Was fun watching it from a distance. I saw a few kids playing it and their jaw dropped when they realised it was the same machine as the video game they had played.

Thanks also of course to @replicas who (along with everything else he was doing) kindly brought his Flintstones for use with the dance-mat contraption I hacked together. Cheers buddy!
Hey Paul - no problems at all anytime and thanks for the kind comments - see you soon!!!!

Cheers Kev

There is some major bro'mance happening on this thread! Seems as though NLP has brought out the best in everyone. I've not come across a single negative comment, not even a minor niggle. As someone who couldn't make it this year I very much get the impression that this is how folks are expecting a pinball show to be. Big, bright, spacious, fun, innovative. All served with a huge side order of retro arcade games (for me, that just doubles the fun) and a sprinkling of entertaining side acts in the form of cosplay, and retro and modern computer games stuff.

After the somewhat lacklustre feedback from this year's UK Pinball Party I fear for the continuation of the annual Daventry meet, especially after Andy Heighway's comments regarding his general fatigue for the fixture... I can see both SCS and NLP gathering momentum at opposite ends of the year and country.

The rain has finally stopped so managed to unload my pins.

Just checked the plays on each machine....and the winner is.......Fish Tales :eek:

FT 420
TZ 396
BSD 368
AFM 345
WCS 323

Although I think the order is down to ball times (all the machines at NLP were being played constantly on the Saturday, most of the time on the Sunday)

That is the exact order of difficulty I would rate them in. Think maybe TZ would have come top if it hadn't broke down, due to extra plays at the lock in.

Wow, 420 plays on FT! my least favourite of your pins! ( which were all in great shape, well done ). I just can't find any love for fish tales.

Take it back, FT is a classic, my first pin!

Newbies always go for the captive ball, usually followed by STDM.

Take it back, FT is a classic, my first pin!

Newbies always go for the captive ball, usually followed by STDM.
Yeah I like FT too its a great colourful game!!!! by the way your drac was very nice, been fancing one of these for a while now

Cheers Kev

Yeah I like FT too its a great colourful game!!!! by the way your drac was very nice, been fancing one of these for a while now

Cheers Kev
Fish Tales is brutal with lightning flippers, but it only takes 9 shots to light Super Jackpots, then it's 100million for each captive ball shot, yet getting 100million in one game is not easy. Even harder on your FT Kev (great restore job there!) ), the caster's club drop target down wasn't working, meaning you had to hit casters twice to light jackpots. I had this problem for years on mine, didn't realise that the target should automatically drop down when you light multiball.

Kudos to @ronsplooter for the BSD :thumbs:, brilliant restore job on the playfield.

Fish Tales is brutal with lightning flippers, but it only takes 9 shots to light Super Jackpots, then it's 100million for each captive ball shot, yet getting 100million in one game is not easy. Even harder on your FT Kev (great restore job there!) ), the caster's club drop target down wasn't working, meaning you had to hit casters twice to light jackpots. I had this problem for years on mine, didn't realise that the target should automatically drop down when you light multiball.

Kudos to @ronsplooter for the BSD :thumbs:, brilliant restore job on the playfield.
Thanks for that Mark I didn't know that either I thought you had to hit it twice!!!! I will get onto it and fix it

Thanks again

kev

Thanks for that Mark I didn't know that either I thought you had to hit it twice!!!! I will get onto it and fix it

It maybe software driven as I believe there is a "hard" option in the game settings that requires two hits...

nice chatting to you at NLP adie.
your TAF was lovely.
even better that i toured the mansion whilst we were talking.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom