What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights 2014 Tickets now on sale.

We now have discounted tickets on sale for the 2014 Northern Lights Pinball Show.

You can buy them now from our website at

www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone/

If you want to save on postage we will be at NERG and will have them on sale there.
Also we will have them for sale at the Pinball Party.

These are discounted for the pinball community and you will not find cheaper.

D.
Northern Lights Crew.
Daz what's the craic for pinball pledges ?

Bloody hell newdos get with program lol what ya wana know buddie ?
Lost me puds !! get with program????

normally mark or Daz ask for pledges of pins for the show but unless I have missed it I have not heard anything this year matey ?

Daz what's the craic for pinball pledges ?

Not what you were asking but to those that don't know

bring a pin - you get free tickets
bring 2 pins you get free tickets and £25
bring 3 pins you get free tickets and £50 etc eg 6 pins would be free tickets and £125

Kev
Let me know what , how many and I will put you on up the list.
Only just going through and looking what's been pledged.

Also if anyone else wants to pledge a pinball machine or multiple machines then please contact me via a PM.
Thanks, D.

Not what you were asking but to those that don't know

bring a pin - you get free tickets
bring 2 pins you get free tickets and £25
bring 3 pins you get free tickets and £50 etc eg 6 pins would be free tickets and £125
Thanks for that - was about to buy ticket but also thinking about bringing my pins this year - first time for me

Kev
Let me know what , how many and I will put you on up the list.
Only just going through and looking what's been pledged.

Also if anyone else wants to pledge a pinball machine or multiple machines then please contact me via a PM.
Thanks, D.
Hi Daz

It will be one pin not yet decided which, but if you have any pref from my 4 below let me know. Don't think WH2O will be finished in time though!!!!

Cheers Kev

Hi Daz

It will be one pin not yet decided which, but if you have any pref from my 4 below let me know. Don't think WH2O will be finished in time though!!!!

Cheers Kev
Fish Tales look the best, and the lightest.

Well now we have the Pinball Party behind us and you are all looking forward to your next pin fix thought it to be the ideal opportunity to see if you want to support the show by bringing a pin, or two ,or even more.
If you would like to make this the biggest NLP show ever by bringing your pride and joy then please get in touch with me.
If you have any questions then please ask away. Without the support from you we would not have a show so if you can help then please do by bringing a machine/s along.
Anyone who has been before then you know what to expect, for all those who haven't then your in for a great time of pinball, videos, consoles,all the new releases from Sony, Xbox, Nintendo and more. This show is huge and the biggest in Europe. So what are you waiting for ? Get those machines pledged and let's make it the best yet.
Thanks guys, D.

I'll be there with a pin. What do you want? Won't be devils dare, as have agreed a sale.

Plus a reduced selection of parts.

I'll be there with a pin. What do you want? Won't be devils dare, as have agreed a sale.

Plus a reduced selection of parts.
Don't mind Andy, whichever machine is best for you. How's about Flash Gordon, ? Very popular at the PP.

@replicas - what are the arrangements for bringing a pin? That is, does it need to there on Friday evening or early Saturday morning? What's the loading access like for cars? Do pledged pins have to stay both Saturday and Sunday? Is the free weekend ticket for up to 2 adults + 2 children like 2012?

I'm just wondering (and I'm really sorry if this detailed information is elsewhere on the 'net) because me and friend are considering coming. It's a 220 mile drive, about 4 hours. If pins have to be delivered on Friday then we'd need an extra night at a hotel which is about another £100, etc.

Basically, what are the logistics?

@replicas - what are the arrangements for bringing a pin? That is, does it need to there on Friday evening or early Saturday morning? What's the loading access like for cars? Do pledged pins have to stay both Saturday and Sunday? Is the free weekend ticket for up to 2 adults + 2 children like 2012?

I'm just wondering (and I'm really sorry if this detailed information is elsewhere on the 'net) because me and friend are considering coming. It's a 220 mile drive, about 4 hours. If pins have to be delivered on Friday then we'd need an extra night at a hotel which is about another £100, etc.

Basically, what are the logistics?
Right,
Ideally we need them there for Friday. We might have a half hour slot Saturday morning but I can't confirm that as yet.
Loading access is ideal roll up to the door to unload.
All pledged pins must be there both days, nothing can moved until the public has vacated the venue then and only then can we move a machine. So by special arrangement a machine could be removed Saturday after the show had finished.
For pledging the first machine you receive a family ticket two adults, two children. Every machine after that you receive £25 per machine to help with your travel costs.
If you can bring 10 or more machines then contact me via a PM as there will be money available to help with van hire also.
Anything else you need to know get back to me.

Well now we have the Pinball Party behind us and you are all looking forward to your next pin fix thought it to be the ideal opportunity to see if you want to support the show by bringing a pin, or two ,or even more.
If you would like to make this the biggest NLP show ever by bringing your pride and joy then please get in touch with me.
If you have any questions then please ask away. Without the support from you we would not have a show so if you can help then please do by bringing a machine/s along.
Anyone who has been before then you know what to expect, for all those who haven't then your in for a great time of pinball, videos, consoles,all the new releases from Sony, Xbox, Nintendo and more. This show is huge and the biggest in Europe. So what are you waiting for ? Get those machines pledged and let's make it the best yet.
Thanks guys, D.

Play Expo / NLP is quite simply *EPIC* ............if you are into gaming of any kind you NEED to go to this. I went last year and had mind blown. The sheer number and quality of machines on offer was staggering .......100+ pins, 100+ classic vids, every home computer/console known to man plus shedloads of other stuff. Jeff Minter ffs !!!! :clap: Its frankly the greatest all round show going :clap:

What Grizz said, this was my first ever pinball event of this kind and i thought it was great, superb venue and lots of machines, plus a whole load of arcade kit aswell.
I will be going again this year and would like to pledge a machine too.

What Grizz said, this was my first ever pinball event of this kind and i thought it was great, superb venue and lots of machines, plus a whole load of arcade kit aswell.
I will be going again this year and would like to pledge a machine too.
@mission65 please contact me via PM and let me know what machine you are bringing and I can put it down on the list.
Thanks for your support.

I am on with it now Kev.
Hopefully will post later tonight, if not will be this weekend.

NLP and Play Expo look so good. Wish it wasn't so far away. Wish I had the money to come and stay in a hotel for the weekend, but I spent it all on a basket-case project pinball. Still, could be worse. And next year I'll have 2 working pins that will just about squeeze into a Vauxhall Zafira ready for some days out at a few shows.

Just promise those of us that can't make it that you'll lots of pics and videos and updates on here ;)

It's just occurred to me that once my pins have been unload at a show I then have an empty MPV estate car to sleep in. That'll save a few bob on hotel bills! I'm such a skinflint! Spent 6 months sleeping in the back of car once when I was homeless. I might be 20 years older but I'm sure one or two nights wouldn't kill me :p

Come join our roomshare ;)

We can go three ways on the price - but it would mean someone sleeping on the floor...

"we can go threeways" sounds just sooooo wrong:eek::eek:
Yeah guess that did come out a bit wrong...but the things you do for pinball

Anyway to change the subject, looking forward to seeing the list of pins for the NLP.....:)

it'll only ever be a preliminary list,as,inevitably we always have changes.
But there are faves like AC/DC(ad infinitum),and prob the biggest system 80b Gottlieb line up in years - hopefully TX,Robo-war,Victory,Arena,Genesis and trying for another two.Also be a multiball/speech HHouse,and if I get my way a fair few more other gottliebs,as well as MANY Sterns and wms/Ballys.
Hoping for around 100 machines or so.
Plus we have a guest coming,some home brew machines,and a weird ass pinball controller!!

If there is a Rollergames and / or TX, make sure they have a good space around them so the music can be appreciated in all their glory

Reactions: JMP
Thanks, @mark9. Sounds like fun ;) Next year, maybe, when I very much hope to have two working pins to bring. I really have used up all my "time off" with The Management for pinball away weekends this year. I went to South Coast Slam and UK Pinball Party, and next weekend I'll be getting a little bonus fix at Special When Lit, so mustn't grumble. NLP would have been the icing on the cake. Next year I may put together an excuse to bring my son as he'll enjoy all the video games and console stuff. So will I for that matter!

And @TYHO, you're undying commitment to those crusty old Gottlieb's is truly admirable! They really did make some very strange machines (just looking at BAD GIRLS on IPDB). Gottlieb really were the odd one out. But I'll forgive them and you, because they made the greatest pinball machine ever... BLACK HOLE.

Back
Top Bottom