What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Flip Frenzy 2022 (redux)

For anyone who hasn't done a Flip Frenzy before, this is generally how it works (the below is from Matchplay):

The tournament organizer decides on a duration for the tournament (three hours in this case, 2 sets of 90 minute sessions) and a number of machines to be used for the tournament (12). When the tournament starts, head-to-head matches are created on those machines, and any players not assigned to a match are placed in a queue.

When a match ends, a new game will be created using the following approach:
  • Player 1 will become Player 2 on the new game.
  • Player 2 will go to the bottom of the queue.
  • The player at the top of the queue will become Player 1 on the new game.
The tournament will progress in this manner until the timer runs out. The winner is the player with the most net wins (or total number of wins minus total number of losses).

Entry list updated
Just to add, hotdogs, snacks and hopefully cheesecake will be provided during the break period. If you are wanting something more substantial feel free to bring something yourselves.
Thanks

If there's anyone who hasn't been sent the address details or doesn't know how to get there please let me know

The frenzy STARTS at 1pm so please make sure you are there with plenty of time to make sure you're entered and paid up beforehand 👍

Bounty Hunter now added to the line up, 14 machines now

Just a reminder, whilst I don’t know what time the bake off starts, pinball practice is from 12, the comp at 1pm

You can arrive from 11.30, make sure you come and see me when you arrive to get entered on the scoring

If the parking there is full, you can park on the right side of the lane driving towards the house, on the grass verge before the junction with knitting row lane.

Please remember it’s £10 cash on the day

Thanks and see you all there 👍

Last edited:
I should also have a very limited number of sets of my new cooling fans for sale.

To note, these are prototypes (which have been tested in a couple of machines for 3 weeks now without issue) and not yet the polished final product. They currently only work on latest Sterns.

If anyone wants a set (or more) they will be £50. Anyone who does take a set will receive the upgrade FOC when they're finalised.

(Final price is likely to be in the region of £70)
I'll be putting up a proper For Sale thread once the product is finalised.

I'm not posting these out yet, but if there's any left I can also take to Electric Circus next weekend.

Just got back home after a very long day. Huge thanks to @Wizcat and @windoesnot for putting on a great tournament, and of course to @JMP for welcoming us to his beautiful home.
It was a great day, and even though I played pretty poorly, I still had a brilliant time. It was good to see some old friends and meet some new ones, including @Poibug who kept everything running. Absolutely knackered and too much to digest at the moment, but congrats to the finalists and especially @Tilt_Birmingham on his win.
Was great to get a few games against @PUP and I shall remember my 1 victory over him for a long time 😆. Time for some kip now, see some of you next week at Electric Circus, and in 2 weeks at Claire and David's place

Just got back home after a very long day. Huge thanks to @Wizcat and @windoesnot for putting on a great tournament, and of course to @JMP for welcoming us to his beautiful home.
It was a great day, and even though I played pretty poorly, I still had a brilliant time. It was good to see some old friends and meet some new ones, including @Poibug who kept everything running. Absolutely knackered and too much to digest at the moment, but congrats to the finalists and especially @Tilt_Birmingham on his win.
Was great to get a few games against @PUP and I shall remember my 1 victory over him for a long time 😆. Time for some kip now, see some of you next week at Electric Circus, and in 2 weeks at Claire and David's place
Couldn't have put it better myself! Thanks to all of the above and then of course to @Lecari for the wonderful cheesecakes, @ailsaclunie for the scary buns, and Clare Johnson for the malteser tiffin !! Sorry we had to rush off early for a family do - we'll see you in 2 weeks in Suffolk !

Well said. Though I think you've overstated my involvement 😄. I was very honoured to be able to help out in an advisory role, but this was very much Ian's comp, and he did an awesome job.

I think I managed to say thanks to most people, but thanks also to everyone that came along. Fantastic bunch of people and a real pleasure to be part of such a friendly community. 🥰

Big thanks to all involved - organisers, hosts & players. Had a lovely day, even though I was knackered by the time I got home - had a *very* desultory game on GZ to keep my consecutive plays figure up. Then walked backwards off a building today

1667138043774.png

Great event. Well done @windoesnot for his first TDing - we all agree a great success. Thanks so much to @JMP and family for letting us into your 'estate' and for letting us join in the Halloween festivities after.

Great bunch of people and a load of fun!

Congrats to @tiltbirmingham on his win!

Also congrats to 'everyone's new favourite player' Gareth Arnold on an impressive tournament.

Back
Top Bottom