What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Reflective/Non Glare Glass for Pinballs

bartron' date=' post: 1679333 said:
the HMI filter cuts down the overly bright orange from the DMD,

for turning the dmd red, just use the red gel.

Ok, got it - thanks
smile-1.png

Ha! Ok, back to the drawing board on that one. £4.95 for a roll but £8.95 + VAT delivery. Called them and they won't budge on that so I'll be giving them a miss I think
sad-1.png

I'm wondering if it's worth the cost too.

Wouldn't be so bad if I could see the effect in the flesh before laying out that sort of money? On top of this I've got to find return EuroTunnel fare, plus hotel, plus diesel as I'm meeting up with him in Holland!

Thinking about it I might go for Grizz's patented glare guard instead!

Steve' date=' post: 1679344 said:

Wouldn't be so bad if I could see the effect in the flesh before laying out that sort of money?

Have to say that after 2 years, the cost is forgotten and I now think "Its great - I'm glad I got it"

Its not total magic, a light shone on the glass will get still reflections, but in normal general lighting conditions, the improvement seems significant to me.

Room lighting may still reflect off the game, but this time it will be off the polished playfield. In truth thats OK, it seems to add to the illusion of "no glass" as the ball rolls about.

The other subtle effect is that everything on the playfield looks just that little bit sharper in definition (no paralax).

Its a very nice feeling which you only realise you're enjoying when its taken away! i.e. when you try to play a game with normal glass.

On top of this I've got to find return EuroTunnel fare, plus hotel, plus diesel as I'm meeting up with him in Holland!

If someone could get some over here, I'd happily pay a premium for 3 (2 normal and a wide body for my ST:TNG) - would have to agree the cost first though.

considering the amount of times this has been brought up on here and on the uk pinball group it amazes me that none of the pinball suppliers in the uk have not ordered some of this for their stock?

surely they could cut a deal with a glass company in the uk?

Wouldn't be so bad if I could see the effect in the flesh before laying out that sort of money? On top of this I've got to find return EuroTunnel fare, plus hotel, plus diesel as I'm meeting up with him in Holland!

Thinking about it I might go for Grizz's patented glare guard instead!

Having seen Stan's JD in the flesh next to pins with standard glass, the effect is superb, looks like there is no glass!

Yeah, cheers for those links. Way more sensible on pricing! Just ordered a red
wink-1.png

Just received my flame red filter in the post. I'm having a major move about in the games room at the moment. Hopefully by tonight I may be able to get to the pin, fit it and see what it looks like
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom