What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noisy Neighbours?

Parents brought up in a commune according to an old interview on GMTV.

The Phoenix clan are known hippy names such as Leaf, River, Summer and Liberty.

The winner for the Laugh Out Loud collection of hippy names has to go to Jamie Oliver with his brood of Daisy Boo Pamela, Poppy Honey Rosie, Buddy Bear Maurice, Petal Blossom Rainbow and River Rocket.

Teachers must love this crazy **** when they're calling out the register.

Taught a girl a while back called April May June Begum, She pointed out they were all traditional British names.

At least unusual names makes it easy in a class. I've lost track of how many Amina's and Khadija's I've taught. One class had three Amina Begum's in it. 2 of the 3 also had the same date of birth and tutor group so inevitably they ended up with their results always being mixed up. To add to the fun because a lot of the parents in my school are illiterate, council officials write down the names as they think they should sound of the birth certificates so we get lots of weird and alternative spellings of names such as Fujia

Genitul is also a somewhat unfortunate name that occasionally appears on my registers. I also struggled with a girl who's name was Smelia Quym which was a touch on the unfortunate side as it was so easy to mispronounce. Naturally when doing a seating plan I had to stick her next to one of my Genitul's:rolleyes: (as an aside the girl in question was actually so dappy that I discovered when she was 18 she was paying a random bloke to teach her how to give him lap dances)

At my son's school he's the only Matthew in a school of 1600+ kids. At my daughter's smaller primary school (400 kids) there has only ever been one other Rebecca in the 6 years she's been there. Traditional (biblical) names are really on the way out.

I don't really have much room to talk....I named one of ours kids after a software package :)

Went on a blind date in the mid 60's with a girl called Pixie Pandora. She was as weird as a bottle of crisps.

Reactions: JT.
The key thing on CCTV deployment is using common sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

codemasters.
Such a beautiful name

It seems to be very common in my industry to name kids either Max or Maya. We have a Max :) I do feel bad now that we didn't give him a more flamboyant name like Maximus Aurelius.

It's gotta be 'Ubuntu' or 'firefox'?

There is one actually called 'Git' but don't think its that. tell all!

Scroll up one ;) I'll never forget the guy we had apply for a job about 20 yrs ago called Jet Pack. Seriously.

Paul, Ms Quym's name is true. Although I think the surname part might have been spelt Quyum.

I also used to work with a Lois Pryce. Apparently her parents never realised until she started school

My sister works with a Ms Schware, who married a Mr Bear. She had a daughter that for some reason they then decided to give a "cute" name to. So the poor kid was named Coco-Kitty which is bad enough until you realise that her fully name is now Coco-Kitty Schware-Bear. FFS that girl is going to die alone.

Sometime parents are just mean though. One of my friends surname is "Skittles" when they were having their first son there was serious talk about calling him "Bieron". Luckily they chickened out at the last minute.

Many moons ago I had the misfortune of living in a flat next to a bunch of postmen. Every day around 5am the music started, windows open. These folk did not give a flying f@ck

Usual story, speak to them. Speak to them again. Get 'er indoors to speak to them as the female of the species has a different approach ....

The real world solution is an industrial box of these. About 10p a pair, and they last ages I have used these virtually every night for 25 years. In flats, detached housing, campervan, posh hotels. Life changing. As are cassette blackout blinds so you never get woken up by sunlight, unless you want to

https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/personal-protection-and-clothing/ear-plugs/pp-01-002-classic-pillowpack-ear-plugs-(box-250pr)/p/EAR9584510W?utm_campaign=pla-Personal+Protection+&+Clothing+-+&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping-pla&utm_keyword=EAR9584510W&istCompanyId=6aa6787b-063e-4414-802d-129f235df603&istItemId=aqrxpwwpm&istBid=tztx&gclid=CMyb39vPxdQCFQ0R0wodobwJjQ

Yeah, I think if it weren't for the kids that would certainly be a solution. In fact my wife uses earplugs to drown out my snoring :) The problem really is that they tend to kick off with the loud music and screaming around the time we are putting the kids to bed...and because the houses are old grade 2 buildings the windows are the original single glazed sash windows with virtually zero of the sound deadening you'd get with double glazing. Quiet tonight so far....

Taught a girl a while back called April May June Begum, She pointed out they were all traditional British names.

At least unusual names makes it easy in a class. I've lost track of how many Amina's and Khadija's I've taught. One class had three Amina Begum's in it. 2 of the 3 also had the same date of birth and tutor group so inevitably they ended up with their results always being mixed up. To add to the fun because a lot of the parents in my school are illiterate, council officials write down the names as they think they should sound of the birth certificates so we get lots of weird and alternative spellings of names such as Fujia

Genitul is also a somewhat unfortunate name that occasionally appears on my registers. I also struggled with a girl who's name was Smelia Quym which was a touch on the unfortunate side as it was so easy to mispronounce. Naturally when doing a seating plan I had to stick her next to one of my Genitul's:rolleyes: (as an aside the girl in question was actually so dappy that I discovered when she was 18 she was paying a random bloke to teach her how to give him lap dances)

At my son's school he's the only Matthew in a school of 1600+ kids. At my daughter's smaller primary school (400 kids) there has only ever been one other Rebecca in the 6 years she's been there. Traditional (biblical) names are really on the way out.

I had a teacher called Jenny Taylor (Genitalia).

My misses has a boy at her school called Diesel :eek: I'm sure there are more, I will ask although I don't think I can match John's gems :rofl:

I'm a non-exec director of a company. At one board meeting they were talking about one of their clients , a Mr Findick .
Later they said his name was Mustapha.

The conversation then went:

Me "you are joking right?"
MD "no why?"
Me "mustapha findick ?"
MD "yes - what - I don't get it"

I resisted the life of Brian "it's a joke name biggus dickus" lines and looked round the table . They all just stared at me .

When I got home I just thought if they don't find Mustapha Findick funny I'm in the wrong place

Not on the same level as some of those names but years ago I had a mortgage adviser visit the house, when he said his surname was Fullalove ( not sure of spelling ) I almost spat my coffee at him, there was no hiding the fact that I found his name funny :).

Reactions: JT.
Back
Top Bottom