What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noisy Neighbours?

This was half an hour after I'd been round and told them the music was too loud. My wife went round a few hours later to avoid me having to **** around with the carbouretter on the chainsaw. They still ignored her. I ended up putting a camcorder in the bathroom (where this was filmed) and left the light on. They obviously spotted it and immediately went silent for the night. My wife said they were stoned and drunk (they are 14yrs old). I've already been through the councill, they've had a letter, it doesn't faze them.

if they already have had a letter then insist they serve noise abatement notices and then act on them. see how happy they are when the cops carry out all their gear...

Total selfish w@nkers. Log the noise ( work it backwards by memory so you have a couple of weeks of 'official' documentation) then blow up the council environmental health telephone every day about it. Download a decibel measuring app if there is such a thing so you can verify the levels of noise as well as the times. Councils love documented logs it gives them tangible evidence to work off.

Yeah, that's the plan now. I'm going to look at getting a permanent CCTV setup and log the lot. I'll be showing this footage to their dad when he gets back today...not that I expect him to do much, he's a hippy and the usual reply is "We're a music family" whatever that means. Incredibly the grandmother was asleep on the top floor. She must have some bloody good pills.

Feel for ya. Exactly what the others said... and admire your tolerance not to go round with a baseball bat.

We moved 18 months ago to a more remote area because of neighbours, one in particular. We have only one close neighbour now and their teenage son started making a racket and goading my daughter through the wall in early hours of the morning. I threatened to rip his head off if he didn't shut up and then spoke to his parents the next morning, fortunately was nipped in the bud.

Good luck with your council actions.

God mate that sounds bad. If it's once every six months then that's one thing but on a regular basis it sucks.

The people in the next door flat to us have just moved out. I'm hoping like mad who ever moves in doesn't have teenage kids as noise travels straight through our bedroom wall.

I had this problem with new neighbours blasting out music on a weekend what I would do is when they finish and go to bed I would blast mine out all morning so they had no sleep luckily I have moved now and don't have to put up with them

Got the same sh*t next door with a 20 year old and his mates. I'm playing the 'cool neighbour' role right now, as i have some serious 'history' with this neighbours mother and her ex boyfriend. Probably going to move over it eventually. So, i totally feel your pain.

Please don't blast a full jar of tesco fish sauce in their letterbox. It wont help. :D

Reactions: JMP
Fish sauce added to the shopping list ;)

I would move house tomorrow if I could but that would likely mean changing schools and all sorts of hassle and expense. Very frustrating.

When I stormed round into their back garden last year they were rolling up cigarettes and looked pretty wasted. I wasn't really paying attention to that as I was expecting to confront a bunch of adults. My wife said last night they were smoking something that didn't smell like cigarettes but she doesn't know what marijuana smells like (bless her). Trouble is we can't get a view into their garden even from the 4th floor to see who's in there and what they're up to. I did call the Police last year when they had a party that was 100 times worse than this one (pro studio monitor cranked to the max in the back garden) but they refused to attend to anything that is on private property. They will only come out if they are making a nuisance in the street.

Reactions: JT.
they are 14yrs old

Where are their parents while all of this is going on?

Probably doesn't help in this situation but the only time I've had a problem with a neighbour I had it out with them in the middle of the street, very loudly so all the other neighbours knew what was going on and basically threatened violence on them. Never had a problem with them since or any of the rest of the street :thumbs:

I have no idea where their parents are, and they're still not back yet. The kids said last night that the grandmother was upstairs asleep and that she didn't mind or think there is a problem with them doing this. I can believe she was there. She's about 80 but dresses like a hippy and wears a rasta hat. The mother has dreadlocks and I've only seen her 3 times in 2 years. The house has been passed down through the generations.

I did go ****ing mad the first time I went round last year. I had gone there with every intention of Krav Maga'ing the hell out of the lot of them but when I realised they were kids I just shouted at them. Lucky really. The other neighbours don't seem to want to do anything other than hide behind their curtains. It's a really weird street.

Be careful with CCTV cameras, legally your only allowed to film your property and you must have signage saying that you have cctv monitoring your site.

Legally you can't film your neighbours, you should also be aware that your talking for filming children in your neighbours garden.

Just playing devils advocate. The police can't use any footage you give them if you don't follow the rules.

Be careful with CCTV cameras, legally your only allowed to film your property and you must have signage saying that you have cctv monitoring your site.

Legally you can't film your neighbours, you should also be aware that your talking for filming children in your neighbours garden.

Just playing devils advocate. The police can't use any footage you give them if you don't follow the rules.

I had police round to look at my cctv when some packages got taken on my road. I asked what the rules were. He said you can't point into anyones with Windows or back gardens. Front gardens are okay aslong as nobody complained.

I have no idea where their parents are, and they're still not back yet. The kids said last night that the grandmother was upstairs asleep and that she didn't mind or think there is a problem with them doing this. I can believe she was there. She's about 80 but dresses like a hippy and wears a rasta hat. The mother has dreadlocks and I've only seen her 3 times in 2 years. The house has been passed down through the generations.

I did go ****ing mad the first time I went round last year. I had gone there with every intention of Krav Maga'ing the hell out of the lot of them but when I realised they were kids I just shouted at them. Lucky really. The other neighbours don't seem to want to do anything other than hide behind their curtains. It's a really weird street.

I had something similar years ago. After two months of polite requests to be reasonable and a couple of calls ignored by the police nothing changed.

I decided to be more vile and aggressive than they were and it stopped. It's a shame when it has to get to that point but I'll fight them on their terms and win that way if I have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are allowed to film your neighbours and their gardens if its with the intention of documenting anti-social or criminal behavior. Obviously if the intention is voyeurism or harassment thats not allowed.

You are allowed to film your neighbours and their gardens if its with the intention of documenting anti-social or criminal behavior. Obviously if the intention is voyeurism or harassment thats not allowed.

The nice lady next door with the big knockers is harassing me - I'll get the CCTV sorted next weekend ;-)

Fare enough, just didn't want you getting in trouble for protecting yourself.

Hope it doesn't take too long to sort out.

Fare enough, just didn't want you getting in trouble for protecting yourself.

Hope it doesn't take too long to sort out.

I do appreciate the advice. The last thing I want is to give them the upper hand legally. I don't have high hopes for it getting sorted out. The worst part is that even on the Saturdays when this doesn't happen I'm stressed out waiting for it to happen.

I do appreciate the advice. The last thing I want is to give them the upper hand legally. I don't have high hopes for it getting sorted out. The worst part is that even on the Saturdays when this doesn't happen I'm stressed out waiting for it to happen.

That last sentence chimed with me - hope that it is sorted sooner rather than later for you

That's what I was trying to explain in an earlier post: your ear naturally tunes into all noises when this happens so that even the most benign of noise can be heard and then your mind is on the lookout for the next one. Good luck with it all. It is really not nice to have to live with it.

Update:

The parents didn't get back until 11:30pm on the Sunday so I didn't get an opportunity to speak to them. Wife spotted they were in tonight and went round instead of me because I just couldn't trust myself to keep it civil. She was round there for about 20mins and they were extremely apologetic. Apparently they are musicians and were playing a gig in Scotland. The 18yr old son was supposed to be supervising but went out and left his 14yr old sister to do whatever she liked. Their mother was absolutely cringing when she saw the video footage and made the daughter come out and apologize. So anyway, they do genuinely seem like nice people (but massive hippies - you'd laugh if I told you the kids names)....and hopefully it won't happen again. Although we have been here before...

Glad you got a hopefully happy ending.
Go on you have to tell us the kids names for a laugh, don't leave us hanging ;)

Hahaha I can't say....but I can give you a clue: The son is presumably named after a Peter Kay nightclub and the daughter is named after the place where Nemo lives....or it might be a famous Blackpool arcade?

My wife has just been googling them....it seems they were quite famous back in the 90's and even appeared on Top of the Pops. Well that explains a lot.

Back
Top Bottom